Daniel Bryan is on commentary with Mauro for Cruiserweight Classic, WWE reveals

http://www.wwe.com/shows/cruiserweightclassic/article/cruiserweight-classic-hosts-revealed

WWE.com said:
Joining [Mauro] as the color commentator is Bryan. As a Superstar who neared the 205 lbs. weight limit of the CWC throughout his career, Bryan made it his goal to defy those who deemed him too small to succeed on sports-entertainment’s biggest platform. The leader of the “Yes!” Movement did just that by capturing the hearts of the WWE Universe on his way to winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 30.

Good choice by the company, it feels really legitimate and like they give massive amounts of poop about how this is perceived and who its target audience is. Bryan has wrestled several of the guys involved, has the kind of ring style we're likely to see a lot of, and is just a fun personality in general.

Also, potential mass marking out over bear hugs.

That's a good decision.

Bryan could be a great choice for this post.

And Mauro is just great. Corey Graves and Mauro have re-ignited my interest in commentary.

Non-story here. Just WWE continuing its proud tradition of offering broadcasting jobs to those suffering from brain damage.

Apparently Bryan hasn't had his brain seizures for a while, so WWE are doing their best to encourage their return by making him sit through multiple Zack Sabre Jr. matches

I caught the Opening Ceremonies via the WWE Facebook page. Major props to the Mauro Ranallo and Daniel Bryan. In ten second spots they were able to provide more insight and drive more interest in the CWC participants than anything the RAW crew has tried to put over the past ten years. A large number of the viewers are going to be unfamiliar with a number of the talents so in many ways the success of the event will hinge on the commentators.

With the list of people announced, or even before that speculated on, you weren't interested or going to watch it before?

While I'm sure that the show itself will be amazing, it would take someone with Daniel Bryan's star power to get me to want to take time out of my day to watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back