• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daniel Bryan Introduces The Knee Plus

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to wrestlinginc.com, Daniel Bryan's come up with a name for his running knee finisher. The site mentions that, a few months back, Bryan asked fans for help in naming his running knee move via The Bleacher Report. One of the choices what was written in was called "Solid Knee Plus" as sort of a play on Stephanie & Triple H referring to Bryan as a "Solid B Plus" months back.

Apparently, Bryan's chosen to use "Knee Plus" for the name as he used it an interview Renee Young conducted on the SmackDown! post show this past Friday: "There's only one person left I have to beat to get a fair shot at the WWE Championship and that's Triple H. He says I'm a B+ player, well I'm going to knee him right in the face. If he thinks I'm a B+, I'm going to show him a Knee Plus."

It's a strange one. If the name had been given as part of a more nerdy reference, I'd like it. But to use the insult that was given to him by the Authority, I'm not so sure about.

Although, who am I kidding? I thought the FU was stupidest name in the history of wrestling when John Cena first assigned that name to his AA, but everyone else seemed to like it. Maybe, in a decade, we'll be referring to the Knee Plus as one of the greatest finishing moves and finisher names ever.

I didn't like it when I first heard it, all of five minutes ago, but it's grown on me quickly. It's a unique name, and while the explanation may be silly, that will be forgotten long before years end. On the main page forums there's a lot of complaints, which are just unnecessary. It beats the alternative of Michael Cole inevitably just calling it 'vintage Bryan'.

I must be a bit old school. That's the only reason I can think of for my rational of why I don't really like the name, and that's...I just prefer the actual name of "The running knee." I think from a commentary point of view, I can take "The running knee" seriously, but Cole screaming "Knee plus! Knee plus! Bryan just hit the knee plus!" Seems laughable.

I actually dislike all of Bryan's named moves. Not the moves themselves but the names, it takes away from his seriousness. "The yes lock" reminds me that the yes and no chants are a gimmick. The flying goat is just stupid and the knee plus...just does nothing for me.

I like it a lot actually. I think Daniel Bryan is really capitalising on all possibilities here. The Yes! Lock is one thing, and now the Knee Plus. The majority of his fans will like this, and it's smart for him to use this storyline and the events around it to his full advantage.

Plus, there have been some terribly named moves before, the latest being the Attitude Adjustment (not hating on Cena, but you can't go from the FU to that, you just can't). In that respect, his move names are perfectly fine. These are names that can stick with Bryan forever. This "yes" chant isn't going anywhere, and you know the whole underdog thing will be used over and over because it works with him, so yeah, I like this.

Seems like a lame finisher. Yes Lock was atleast different. I like DB, but he could do so much better with a finisher. I guess its better than a leg drop?

Eh...not something that rolls off the tongue very well. I guess it's better than running knee/knee to the face but still not great, especially since it took like 7 months for him to come up with it. Hopefully I'll get used to it with time.

It's a terrible name that will be obsolete within 6 months when this story is over. As for the move itself, I love it, as it looks like it could take your head off when sold properly.

It's a nice dig and probably will disappear as a name once he beats Trips with it... It's a relatively risk free finisher and gives him an impact and submission pair which is important for WWE main eventers to have.

Do I love it? No... is it clever?...Yes. Personally I'd have called it the A+ but I guess that's too close to AA...

It's a terrible name that will be obsolete within 6 months when this story is over. As for the move itself, I love it, as it looks like it could take your head off when sold properly.

The name is ok at least there's a name now. As for changing it after the storyline is over. Keep in mind how long was Cena's finisher called the "FU".

The move itself is fantastic. Looks painful and isn't the easiest to execute considering how small Bryan really is, especially to larger opponents. The name is terrible, and I agree that it'll be gone in a few months. After this storyline is over, look to that name being changed. Until then, I'm okay with it actually having a name.

Shit name.

What's wrong with The Running Knee? A simple name for a simple and devastating, high impact finisher. Maybe I'll get to used to it in the coming months, but I don't like it now.

It's alright, but i'd prefer if they use it's real name, the Busaiku knee. Oh wait, WWE probably wants to trademark the name lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back