Dan Henderson vs. Jake Shields in April on CBS?

jmt225

Global Moderator
Newly signed Strikeforce superstar Dan Henderson is in "end stage" negotiations to face Strikeforce middleweight champion Jake Shields at the organizations next CBS event in April.

************.com learned of the impending match-up from sources close to the organization, and though bout agreements have yet to be signed, the fight is in the process of being finalized according to multiple official sources.

Great fight for the next CBS show.

Dan Henderson is the best Middleweight they have, so nothing makes more sense than him getting matched-up against the current Middleweight Champion, especially when said Champion respectfully issued a challenge to Henderson when Hendo signed with Strikeforce. It should be a great fight.

As far as a prediction goes, I see this going either two ways. Either Shields is not able to get Hendo to the ground (after all, while Shields is a great wrestler, Henderson is perhaps the best in MMA), thus eventually getting knocked out on the feet (Shield's stand-up is absolute shit), or maybe, just maybe, the fight will end up like Shields vs. Lawler, where Shields won't be able to take Lawler down, but get up close to him and pull guard, thus eventually getting him in a submission, if he doesn't do so right away. You might say Hendo's Jiu-Jitsu is way better than Lawler's, but I would disagree with that sentiment. Shields is just unbelievable on the ground, and if the fight goes there, he's libel to catch anyone, including Hendo.

At the end of the day... it should be an awesome fight, and a great way to prepare the fans for Fedor's fight (which will undoubtedly be the main event on this show).

So many opportunities for Hendo here in Strikeforce. This is fight that's high on my list. Classic Striker/wrestler vs amazing submission expert. This will be a great fight. I see Hendo beating Shields. iI'm a big fan of Shields, but he just won't be able to take Hendo down, and Hendo's striking is 100x better than Shields. Should be a great fight though.

Yeah, I read about this a couple days ago and it really got me excited. What a better way for Strikeforce to showcase their second most important acquisition then put him up against their top Middleweight. It just gets me really excited thinking about the possibilities for this fight. One one hand this fight could affirm Dan Henderson as one of the greatest and most dominate champions ever and on the other hand it could solidify Jake Shields as one of the elite fighters in the world and make his career.

It could also be a stepping stone for Hendo taking on the entire organization, because I completely believe he will be fighting Mousasi in the future as well and a fight with Fedor is very possible as well.

This is a great move for Strikeforce and I cannot wait to see this fight go down. The next Strikeforce on CBS card is really shaping up to be better then their first card.

The only thing I see working against Henderson in this fight is the sort of long layoff he's going to have, but that being said Henderson is still one of the best fighters in the world and I really think that he is going to knock Shields into a nice slumber with one of those cinder blocks he calls fists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back