• Team R.O.T.W

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The penultimate day of the WrestleZone International Cup is upon and so comes Tag Team Turmoil. 9 tag team matches await us on day 3 of this intriguing competition, with the Rest of the World Team lagging behind by 4 points. Can the team from the U.S.A put the screws to their opposition and claim an unassailable lead? Or can the team from the rest of the world claw back some point and make the final day all the more interesting.

Matches were determined through a random number generator. Boards are open for 1 day for discussion and then polling will begin in 24 hours. Polling lasts for 72 hours afterwards. The winning team gets the point. In the event of a draw, teams will half a point each.

You know, when I clicked on this thread and thought about the match a little, I thought there is no way that The Rock and Misawa, legends that they are, would be able to beat Stone Cold and Brock Lesnar. Then I remembered that the only reason that Brock Lesnar and Austin never faced off was because Austin didn't want to job to Brock Lesnar on a TV show/ The bad blood between these two was a sore subject for Austin for a long time and ultimately made him leave the WWE for a long time. Really, I don't think Austin could take the fact that the WWE was moving on and he wasn't going to be the centre of attention for much longer. But that's pure speculation. Of course now that Austin is retired, they seem to be more friendly. But the hsitory between the two when they were both at the right age to wrestle leads me to believe that they are not a winning team. Brock has no fear of doling out an F5 whenever he sees fit and the same could be said about Austin and his Stunner.

It's still a big ask for Misawa and The Rock but it is definitely doable.

Austin was always better than Rock. The Austin that Rock FINALLY beat was past his prime and a shell of his former self. Bork beat Rock when Rock was in his physical prime, when Brock was still just a rookie. Misawa died taking a suplex, Brock is the mayor of Suplex City. Not that it matters here, as Rock will happily take the pin as he did often during his career.

Yeah I'm going Brock and Austin here. Rock couldn't beat Brock as a rookie and while admittingly I don't know much of anything about Misawa, I can't see him having what it takes to overcome Brock either. And then you factor in Austin who had the number of Rocky throughout his career. Team USA takes this win.

This is a close one, but Austin is going to be just ahead of Rock and BROCK SMASH is going to be enough to hold off Misawa. This might be the best match of the round but again, I'll take the USA. There's just too much there and, as is almost always the case, when the lights are on the brightest, Austin will beat Rock in the end.

USA.

Besides a small stint in OVW, Brock Lesnar was never a tag team player. When he arrived to the big show, he wasn't a team player period. He has made a career of being a solo guy whose only true friend is Heyman, who has betrayed him before. Steve Austin's entire mantra is "Don't Trust Anyone", and even though he does hold a few tag titles with an assortment of random partners, those partners were known for being excellent partners to other people. This isn't a team likely to have each others' backs, and neither man are likely to work together for national pride. They look like a dream team, but Lesnar is clearly the weak link in regards to playing nicely.

Misawa is an 11-time tag team champion, hell has won tag team leagues for four years in a row. His partner had a successful run as part of The Rock 'N Sock Connection, along with partnering up with The Undertaker and Jericho. The two men obviously don't have any animosity for one another real or kayfabe, never having met in the ring together. So it really comes down to going with the team of guys who are notorious for not being team players, or go with the team of guys who are team players.

I don't see this as "individual cancels out other individual based on accomplishments". To me that's a fairly weak argument, as this is a tag team match, not a Fatal Fourway. We should vote on the team likely to work best together, and without question that's Misawa and The Rock.

If Brock Lesnar had more experience in a tag team outside of development, I'd lean the other way. But he doesn't.

Vote R.O.T.W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back