D2 - The Undertaker versus The Rock

Discussion in 'WrestleZone International Cup' started by Monster Amongst Men, Jul 31, 2017.

?

Who wins?

1. Team USA

2. Team ROW

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Day 2 of the WrestleZone International Cup begins in earnest with Team U.S.A holding a slender lead of 7 points to 5. This round sees the 12 male competitors of each team face off against each other in one-on-one competition. Who will come out on top today?

Boards are open for 1 day for discussion and then polling will begin in 24 hours. Polling lasts for 72 hours afterwards. The winning team gets the point. In the event of a draw, teams will half a point each.

2. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

And here we have one of the hardest matches to call in this round and one that I am really struggling over. After some research, I've found that these guys pretty much shared victories throughout their careers with each other - no man really dominated the other. It's a great shame that these two didn't share the ring throughout their real primes for that long.

I haven't really decided who I am going to vote for but I reckon it will take some good arguments from either side to convince me that this should be anything other than a draw. The Rock was, undoubtedly, the bigger star and probably had a better main event career than The Undertaker. Still, The Undertaker has a much bigger legacy within the world of professional wrestling and the streak speaks for itself.

Tough one.

3. Bernkastel

Bernkastel Reaper of Miracles
    E-Fed Mod

If this were the WZT I'd be more inclined to support the Rock. He was bigger star and brought the business to heights the Undertaker never could do on his own. However this is different. At one point in his career the Undertaker was all about American pride. It was his gimmick. His whole persona. He wanted the world to know that he wasn't just a zombie. No, he was a zombie that was also an American badass.

This match isn't about titles or bragging rights. It's not about whose more important or who's legacy is bigger. It's about America vs Samoa. And for some reason Rock has chosen to abandon his home country for the country of his forefathers. Who better to whip his traitorous candy ass than a real American zombie?

Taker and team USA win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.