• Team ROW

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Day 2 of the WrestleZone International Cup begins in earnest with Team U.S.A holding a slender lead of 7 points to 5. This round sees the 12 male competitors of each team face off against each other in one-on-one competition. Who will come out on top today?

Boards are open for 1 day for discussion and then polling will begin in 24 hours. Polling lasts for 72 hours afterwards. The winning team gets the point. In the event of a draw, teams will half a point each.

This is a relatively easy match for Chris Jericho I think.

Not only has Jericho been far more successful than Daniel Bryan, he has did it for a much longer time than Daniel Bryan could even hope for. Not only has Chris Jericho won every single championship that there is no to offer in the WWE and beyond, he has done it consistently for many years.

But more than that, Jericho has actually beat Daniel Bryan twice in one on one competition in the past and Daniel Bryan hasn't managed to beat Jericho in a one on one match. Jericho takes this one after a very good match.

Daniel Bryan is sorta unstoppable when he's pulling double duty though, Dave. Against Y2J and Inoki all on D2? Wrestlemania XXX, ya know :p

Though I imagine that wasn't on purpose, so I'm going with Jericho. Daniel Bryan was a whipping boy for too long in his WWE career. It made for a compelling character, can't dispute that. Bar none the reason why he got so over when the time came. But in a tournament setting I don't see that as an advantage. Bryan does overcome the odds, but after his back is against the wall. If USA were losing by a fairly wide margin, I'd argue he was in his element. But as it stands right now, it's too close to assume The GOAT would pull off the underdog moment.

This is Jericho's to win. I would even argue among the two, Jericho is more likely to fight for national pride, which is at least in my eyes a big factor in this tournament.

Y2J all the way. One of the best all around wrestlers ever if you really break the walls down and look at his entire career. He's beaten the best, he's been at a higher level for far longer and he's the best in the world at what he does.

Daniel Bryan is sorta unstoppable when he's pulling double duty though, Dave. Against Y2J and Inoki all on D2? Wrestlemania XXX, ya know :p

Though I imagine that wasn't on purpose, so I'm going with Jericho. Daniel Bryan was a whipping boy for too long in his WWE career. It made for a compelling character, can't dispute that. Bar none the reason why he got so over when the time came. But in a tournament setting I don't see that as an advantage. Bryan does overcome the odds, but after his back is against the wall. If USA were losing by a fairly wide margin, I'd argue he was in his element. But as it stands right now, it's too close to assume The GOAT would pull off the underdog moment.

This is Jericho's to win. I would even argue among the two, Jericho is more likely to fight for national pride, which is at least in my eyes a big factor in this tournament.

Chris Jericho is American. This whole thing is ridiculous!

He beats DB here, pretty easily. More accomplished, better overall career, much LONGER career, and he's enjoying one of the best over-40 runs in wrestling history.

Also, if you want to talk about double duty...Y2J beat Austin and Rock in the same night. ;)

Daniel Bryan for sure.

The whole storyline against Authority is enough to defeat Chris Jericho who has been known to take defeats even from someone like Fandango. Chris Jericho isn't bad by any measure but Daniel Bryan is a star. Who still gets audience chanting "Yes!" for him. Without actually wrestling. That's all.

Daniel Bryan for sure.

The whole storyline against Authority is enough to defeat Chris Jericho who has been known to take defeats even from someone like Fandango. Chris Jericho isn't bad by any measure but Daniel Bryan is a star. Who still gets audience chanting "Yes!" for him. Without actually wrestling. That's all.

You seem to forget the whole "defeated Rock and Austin in one night". Doesn't matter how, fact is that he did. Or the fact that he's beaten HBK multiple times. And AJ Styles. And HHH. And Edge. And Batista.

Don't count Y2J out like that. Bryan just had one big moment. Y2J just so much more. Who knows where Bryan would have been if it wasn't for the injury, but the contest is not that easily won by Bryan here.

It's tough for me. They both seem equal to me. I'll go with Y2J though. Far more years in the industry. Far more moments.

I'll go with Jerichos 20 WWE/WCW years over Bryans 20 wrestling years career. I never connected to Bryan like most others did. Sure he's had the greatest night of this decade but Jericho has had the greatest night of this century. Winning not only 1 but 2 world titles against who most people would calls the GOATs of wrestling. Jericho has just done so much that I just can't forget it, on the biggest stage as well. WTF is a Ring of Honour. For real though Jericho has done it longer, just as big and in so many different ways that I just can't see anyway else to vote.

History will remember Daniel Bryan as a flash in the pan. Sure, he had one of the best chases to the main event of the current era, but he didn't deliver anything substantial as a champion. He's a 4 time world champion in the WWE and I can't remember any of them. Who did he feud with? What memorable events did he headline? About the only thing I can recall is him losing a world title in 18 seconds to Sheamus at a Wrestlemania.

Jericho kinda falls into the same boat. He's a 6 time world champion, and yet I really only recall his undisputed reign. However, he's proven himself to be a good hand that can carry the WWE in short spells until a bigger name can take over. And his number of classic moments and feuds dwarfs Bryan's. The guy is in his late 40's, has been a relevant TV star since the mid 90's, and can still get fans to care about something as mundane as a clipboard with a piece of paper on it. That's real talent.

I'll take Jericho and team ROTW for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back