D Round 1; 32 Halo 3 (Xbox 360) v 97 System Shock

?

• Halo 3

• System Shock

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
256px-Halo_3_final_boxshot.JPG

v

256px-Sysshock.jpg

Went with Halo here, though the match-up is very, very close

Alot of people hate Halo 3, but I don't understand that. Maybe it's not the best game in the franchise and the story was a bit of a letdown (was it any worse then the letdown of Halo 2 though?). At the end of the day it's still a Halo game, and thus owns the majority of it's peers.

System Shock was great fun though, I remember getting really into cyberpunk games for awhile and this one was one of the best in that genre. Great story and a very underrated RPG game. If it were going up against anything but Halo here I'd probably give it my vote, but oh well.

Halo 3 gets my vote.

Halo 3.

I hate Halo 3 for having a hideously short campaign mode. What was that, 6 hours? Maybe? What a letdown. The only thing I can think of that annoyed me more was Fable, and it's 8 hour storyline. It's a fucking RPG for christ's sake. /facepalm

Despite the short campaign, Halo 3 was still the best game in the series. It was really a great game, and fully utilized the engine that the Xbox 360 supplied it.

System Shock...I've heard about it, and looked it up and whatnot. I can't really play it though, it was for DOS and Macintosh. (On a side-note, I really miss being able to access DOS on Windows. Oh well.) No matter, it can't trump Halo 3.

Halo 3 im afraid is very overrated. I've played it again and again, online and off. But I find it so...generic. Maybe it invented the genre as some fanboys proclaim (it didn't), or it created online FPS (it didn't). But I just cant get the same thrill out of it that other people can. Unreal Tournament and Gears Of War were much more interesting.

System Shock, although a good game, is nowhere near the greatness of System Shock 2, but the style of gameplay draws you in. I know Halo is going through in most likely a cakewalk, so I vote System Shock here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back