CZW On G4 TV

VencomHardcore

Pre-Show Stalwart
If you haven't heard, CZW Combat Zone Wrestling has been featured over the weekend on G4 TV for the second time. Below is the press release from the company :

CZW would like to take the time now to thank its loyal fanbase on making CZW Footage the MOST watched on the internet! Early last month, footage from the NIGHT OF INFAMY 9 DVD leaked onto the internet. The footage? The semi-finals of the recent Tag Team Tournament, between the OSIRIAN PORTAL and THE RUNAWAYS. Thanks to the Osirian Portal hypnotizing The Runaways, Greg Excellent, Ty Hagen, and others from the CZW Locker room, CZW has now reached MILLIONS of people WORLDWIDE! G4's Attack of the Show featured the footage on last night's program, the replay of that program you can catch right now on the official G4 website. Members of the ESPN team, Damon Lindelof of "LOST" fame, and various popular websites like Break.com, HolyTaco, College Humor, and many others took time to recognize the CZW product and share it with the masses. If you haven't seen the footage yet you can view it on YouTube, which currently stands near 800,000 views, at the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU4TDGlbTz8

I invite all of you to watch the clip because it is one of the best comedic wrestling spots in a tag team match that I have seen in a long time. The Osirian Portal is an awesome team. CZW has been in talks with G4 to have a television program featured on the network in the past but according to DJ Hyde, The Owner. The possibility is becoming closer to reality.

What are your thoughts ? Do you think having another independent show on television will help increase the opportunities for more independent wrestlers ?

Note: CZW has had a number of high profile indy wrestlers in the company - The Kings of Wrestling, The Briscoes , Sonjay Dutt, CM Punk, Alex Shelley , Masato Tanaka just to name a few.

It's not gonna happen. All of this came out of some pieces G4 did on CZW awhile back, including the big "True Life"-style documentary they did about Thumbtack Jack a few years back. A bunch of CZW fans saw this stuff on G4 and contacted them if they were going to start showing CZW programming, which prompted CZW to send out a memo telling all their fans to contact G4 and demand CZW programming start airing. There's no deal or anything even close in the works. It's a possibility and I could see a fringe network like G4 going for a fringe product like CZW, but I'm not sure it happens anytime soon.

Shame too because CZW is better than it has been in many years now.

This would be great news for CZW, I remember catching a few of their shows when they had a spot on The Wrestling Channel which existed for a couple of years in the UK.

They did have some incredibly talented wrestlers, really exciting high-flying guys. I saw one of the most entertaining matches I have ever seen on a CZW show, with Kevin Steen taking on El Generico, Sexxxy Eddy and someone else I can't remember in a 4 way dance. It was the first time I ever saw the Package Piledriver and the Brainbustttaaaaa!

I have never been a fan of the ultraviolent side of CZW, using a weedwhacker on someone and panes of glass is too far for me. I don't mind the barbed wire and lighttubes, and thumbtacks, but they do go too far. Its pretty sick. To get a TV deal, that would need to be toned down, but perhaps they are focusing on the talent of their wrestlers now, not just the unskilled guys who just brutalise each other with weapons every match.

haha I loved this spot. I even see it pass through my irc chat quite a few times. I was always wondered why people were getting this clip. glad to people passing around such a great clip \o/. also i agree. czw has been rather solid as of late enjoy it about as i do RoH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back