• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CWWI.wz

Thriller Ant

Beep Bop Boop
This will be your HQ for everything going on in Cruiserweight Wrestling International. Match cards, injuries, updated rosters, etc. will be posted in here. For this first post, I will put a couple of the unique aspects of CWWI and the roster along with face/heel/tweener alignment.

First, here are some of the distinct features of CWWI:

1. Obviously, all wrestlers will fall under the weight guidelines set by the old WCW cruiserweight division, meaning that they cannot weigh in at more than 215 pounds.
2. The ring will be the size of a WWE ring (20 ft x 20 ft) with cables as the ropes. Although most of these men are used to smaller rings from the promotion they were in at this time, assume that they are used to the bigger ring. For example, Jericho and Rey would have come from WCW, so in CWWI, they would have never competed in a WWF/E ring.
3. All championship matches, unless otherwise stated, will be 2 out of 3 falls.
4. The free TV show will be called TakeOff, and at this point there is no set schedule for it. Hopefully I will get it on a set schedule and there will be 4 to 5 between each pay-per-view.

Finally, here are the original members of Cruiserweight Wrestling International:

Faces:
1. A.J Styles
2. Rey Misterio, Jr.
3. Jushin “Thunder” Liger
4. Paul London
5. Super Crazy
6. Jerry Lynn
7. Matt Sydal
8. El Hijo del Santo
9. Kidman
10. Spanky

Heels
1. Eddie Guerrero
2. Dean Malenko
3. Homicide
4. Chavo Guerrero, Jr.
5. Low-Ki
6. Austin Aries
7. Psicosis
8. Juventud Guerrera
9. Tajiri
10. Sabu

Tweeners
1. Último Dragón
2. “Lionheart” Chris Jericho
3. Rob Van Dam
4. Brian Pillman
5. Bryan Danielson

The first episode of TakeOff will be posted later this week! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns either leave them here or PM me. Thanks!

Thanks a lot tdigs. Once I get more in the hang of what I'm doing I'll mix the roster up more. I'm very familiar with most of these guys and that'll make it easier. Once these guys get stale or I can work in more, I'll definitely look into Dragon Gate and Japan in general like you suggested.

I've decided I will also post quick results in this thread for people who want to follow, but don't want to/can't take the time to read the matches.

Eddie Guerrero def. Jushin "Thunder" Liger 2-1 for the CWWI World Title
Jerry Lynn def. Sabu 2-0 for the CWWI Lucha Title

Also, the 1st round matchups for the 4 team tournament to decide the first ever CWWI Tag Team Champions will be as follows:

Paul London and Spanky vs. Psicosis and Juventud Guerrera
Rey Misterio Jr. and Super Crazy vs. Homicide and Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Feedback is always welcome, and be on the lookout here for more matches, and in the main thread for the next show!

Just announced for the next show:

-Addresses to the fans by both the CWWI World Champion, Eddie Guerrero, and the CWWI Lucha Champion, Jerry Lynn.
-Matt Sydal vs. Austin Aries

This is in addition to the 2 first round tag team match-ups that have already been announced.

The second episode of TakeOff will be on the air either tonight or tomorrow night. I will post the show, then 24 hours after, I will post the quick results and announced matches for next week in here.

What I would like from you guys, is to let me know if I have people reading this or not. I enjoy writing it, but if there is no one reading it then it isn't really worth it. Either leave something in here, or the main thread, or whatever just letting me know if there are people reading or not. Thanks.

Thanks. As long as I know at least 2 or 3 people read, I'm more than happy doing it. I just don't want to spend all the time doing it when there isn't an audience.

Keep up the good work! I'm reading this and enjoying it! I like that you're focusing on the lighter stars! There will be a report...and possibly a cover...hmmm!

Sorry this is a little late :smashfreakB:

Quick Results from Episode 2 of TakeOff

Juventud Guerrera and Psicosis def. Paul London and Spanky after a Juvi Driver/Guillotine Leg Drop combo for a tag title match

Austin Aries def. Matt Sydal after a brainbuster and 450 splash

"Lionheart Chris Jericho, Low-Ki, Dean Malenko, and Tajiri def. Rob Van Dam, A.J. Styles, Kidman, and Brian Pillman in an elimination tag match after Jericho made RVD submit to the Liontamer. Jericho was the sole survivor.

Rey Misterio Jr. and Super Crazy def. Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Homicide after a Tornado DDT/Moonsault combo to earn a tag title match.

Matches Announced

Next Week:
Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. El Hijo del Santo in a CWWI Title Number 1 Contender's Match
Juventud Guerrera and Psicosis vs. Rey Misterio Jr. and Super Crazy for the CWWI Tag Team Titles

Airborne (1st PPV)
Jerry Lynn vs. Sabu in an Extreme Rules Lucha Title Match

[QUOTE="Lionheart" Thrill Jericho;1137584]What I would like from you guys, is to let me know if I have people reading this or not. I enjoy writing it, but if there is no one reading it then it isn't really worth it. Either leave something in here, or the main thread, or whatever just letting me know if there are people reading or not. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

^^^

Episode 3 of TakeOff will be on the air later tonight, with the quick results being reported tomorrow.

There are still open places on the card for the first ever pay-per-view in CWWI history, Airborne. All CWWI fans can suggest matches that you would love to see! One lucky fan will have their dream match become "reality" on the PPV! Post your match-ups here or through PMs!

(Note: Jerry Lynn, Sabu, Eddie Guerrero, El Hijo del Santo, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Rey Misterio Jr., Super Crazy, Psicosis, Juventud Guerrera, Austin Aries, and Matt Sydal cannot be used in your matches.)

TakeOff Episode 3 Quick Results

Juventud Guerrera and Psicosis def. Rey Misterio Jr. and Super Crazy 2-1 to become the first ever CWWI Tag Team Champions

"American Dragon" Bryan Danielson def. Último Dragón by reversing the Asai DDT into a sit-out brainbuster

"Lionheart" Chris Jericho and Sabu def. Jerry Lynn and Rob Van Dam when Sabu pinned RVD after an Arabian Facebuster

Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. El Hijo del Santo was declared no contest after interference by Eddie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero Jr., and Homicide

CWWI.wz Exclusive Announcements

For next week on TakeOff:
Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Juventud Guerrera
Super Crazy vs. Psicosis
Eddie Guerrero in action

For Airborne
Tag Team Title Rematch: Rey and Super Crazy vs. Juventud and Psicosis
Austin Aries vs. Matt Sydal with the stipulations to be announced next week
Jerry Lynn vs. Sabu in an Extreme Rules Lucha Title Match

There are still open places on the card for the first ever pay-per-view in CWWI history, Airborne. All CWWI fans can suggest matches that you would love to see! One lucky fan will have their dream match become "reality" on the PPV! Post your match-ups here or through PMs!

No wrestlers being used in other matches can be in matches suggested. Get them in soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back