Crossovers: From The Booth To The Set

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
This is a lot like the music Crossovers thread, but aimed at the people that stepped out of the recording studio, and in front of the camera. Again, I don't want to know who you think is best, but who is your favorite.

My favorite, is almost without a doubt Mark Wahlberg. Part of the reason is because I couldn't stand him as "Marky Mark", and the other part is ebcause he's been a part of some damn fine movies. Boogie Nights was incredible, but is often overlooked for the quality of movie that it is. He also had major roles in Four Brothers, The Departed, and The Happening. His acting continues to get better, and he keeps getting bigger, and more important, roles.

Another one that I want to name is Andre Benjamin. I liked him in Four Brothers, but he was also good in Be Cool and Idlewild. His case is the exact opposite of Wahlberg's though. I actually liked him as Andre 3000 in OutKast, and that carried over to the big screen. I was already a fan, and probably admired his work more than the average moviegoer who could've cared less about his feelings towards Ms. Jackson, bombs over Baghdad, or how well you shook it.

Mark Wahlberg would be my first choice as well. The Departed, The Basketball Diaries, Renaissance Man, Fear, Boogie Nights, Rock Star, I Heart Huckabees, Four Brothers, and Invincible are all movies I absolutely love, and he stole the show in every single one of them. The dude truly is a terrific actor. He'll pick a shitty role every now and then, but for the most part... in film he usually entertains me.

Mandy Moore is another person who I feel made the transition well. I mean, for one... she's just fucking adorable, so it's always nice to stare at her for an hour and a half, but surprisingly, some of her movies were worth sitting through for other then her looks. For example, Saved! was FANTASTIC, and she was tremendous in it. A Walk to Remember and License to Wed were two other movies I quite enjoyed as well.

Lastly, 2pac was fucking awesome in Juice, and I thought Eminem did a great job in 8 Mile.

Reactions: NSL
Beyonce of course. While I really didn't think she was anything special in "The Fighting Temptations", I thought she brought a ton of charisma to "Austin Powers"(Even though the role obviously didn't take much acting skills).

I really think Beyonce became a legit actress when she starred in "DreamGirls". Although Jennifer Hudson stole the movie, Beyonce proved she could be a darn good actress. She even garnered a golden globe for her role in the movie.

She was also excellent in Cadillac Records, as Etta James. She really showed off her range in the movie and was one of the standouts in the poorly written movie. So while Beyonce may not be the best actress, and her range can be question since her two true "breakout" roles have been playing singers, their is no doubt in my mind Beyonce has a long career ahead of her in both movies and singing :)

Gotta agree with jmt225 on Tupac in Juice. That movie was awesome and he did a really great job. Also Gotta agree with him on Eminem did really great in 8 Mile. Another I liked was a one time deal but I think she did really good. Taylor Swift on CSI. Keep in mind it was the first time I watched CSI and really only watched it cause of her but I think she did really good. The show was good also and I'm not saying it was because of her cause I never watched it before but I really think she helped make it enjoyable for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back