Crossovers: Cinema To Console

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Welcome to your next installment of Crossovers. The question here is simple. What's your favorite game that was made from a movie? There's a ton of them out there, and I'm sure everyone has played one.

My favorite, and quite possibly the best crossover of all-time, is GoldenEye. The movie wasn't as great as the other James Bond movies, but the game was instantly named one of the greatest ever, no matter the genre. It was a classic first person shooter, and loosely followed the storyline form the movie. The multiplayer in this game is what really sold it for me. It never got boring, and if it ever got close to it, you just switch it to paintball mode and have some more fun.

Another one that I've always liked is Rocky. It was for the old school Sega Genesis, and featured all of the stars from the Rocky movies. You could use Rocky, Clubber Lang, Ivan Drago, or Apollo Creed. Each fighter was created to fight just like they did in the movie. And, nothing beats sitting in your living room, as Rocky, pounding on Drago's face in the 11th Round.

My favorite game has to be Spiderman 2 for the playstation 2:
There was a ton of different things to do in this game.
The fighting and combos were well done. The story didn't follow the movie perfectly, So you didn't know what to expect from the enemies.
The boss battles were hard without being annoying.
But the best thing about this game, was the web swinging,
swinging around New York city going over 200mph was an amazing good time.
There's ton of stuff to in this game.

I would even go as far to say that this would go in my top ten.

It's one of those things in the video game industry that the people in the business don't understand, how come a movie can make a billion dollars, yet produce such a terrible game to coincide with it? I've wondered that myself, as I've yet to be blown away by a movie turned game. Outside of Goldeneye, I can't find myself enjoying any games that were based on a movie. Why is this,, I don't know?

Likewise the counter, I have yet to see a movie based on a game that was enjoyable. It's simply one of those things that the two mediums simply can't jump over. You enjoy and grow an expectation for it on one level, and are completely dissapointed when it crosses over.

Aside from Goldeneye there have been very few games based on movies that I have enjoyed. Two were on the Mega Drive (Genesis) and both were platformers based on Disney animated movies. I am of course talking about The Lion King and Aladdin. if you have not played these games, I suggest you do it, they are great fun and actually add something to the movie as an enjoyable game.

Also Shocky I do find it weird that games based on movies are generally crap. With games to movies why they're rubbish because in a game you are controlling what happens, but in a movie you sit back and watch, giving a complete different feel to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back