• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crimson sent to OVW

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
It appears TNA star Crimson has been sent back to TNA's developmental program at Ohio Valley Wrestling. He made a surprise appearance at last night's OVW show and defeated Randy Royal. Crimson cut a promo after the match, teasing more upcoming appearances and announced that the OVW Heavyweight Title is his #1 priority.
source

Okay.... undefeated streak then sent down ???

I don't see an issue with this. Send him down to OVW to improve -- he's got lots of potential, he just needs to work on his skills -- then bring him back up to the main roster. He can come back and try to avenge his loss to James Storm eventually, or something along those lines. It's not as if there will be a major hole in the roster, anyway.

The stupid thing about this is that the man was given one of the longest undefeated streaks in recent history. He went over the entire roster. Goldberg's streak, he went through jobbers. Ryback hasn't beaten anyone of note yet, but Crimson defeated Kurt, Joe, Abyss, RVD, AJ, Morgan, everyone and anyone. He finally takes a loss to the re-debut of the Cowboy and then a TV title match with Devon, and then he's never seen of again???

All of TNA's top guys went down to this guy and that's it?? I know he was a charisma blackhole when he was a face. But still after all the time and energy put into the last two years, they can't do anything with him??? Why give him such a run in the first place? Who signed off on his undefeated streak?

I don't like Crimson at all, but I don't like John Cena either, but if you spend so much time and effort into a wrestler's push, you just don't throw it away. You build on it the best you can.

In a kayfabe way the fans should be thinking, this guy has beaten everybody, yeah he has taken two losees in his whole career, but the guy deserves title shots. If Austin Aries can get an opprtunity, where is Crimson's?

Its a really stupid for TNA to take a backward step with Crimosn at this stage in the game...

I don't see an issue with this. Send him down to OVW to improve -- he's got lots of potential, he just needs to work on his skills -- then bring him back up to the main roster. He can come back and try to avenge his loss to James Storm eventually, or something along those lines. It's not as if there will be a major hole in the roster, anyway.

Exactly this.

I see no issue with this at all.

The stupid thing is just before he left, he was actually showing signs of improving. Cut a couple of decent heels promos. Well when it's a case of too much, too soon, this is probably the best thing for him. He has a great look and strength, he clearly needs work in all other areas.

I think the moment they fucked up with Crimson was when he was injured by Joe and taken out of the BFG series. I thought Crimson was gonna be at least in the final four or maybe even win it. Obviously they needed a way to get Crimson out while keeping the streak intact but still by the time he came back I didn't care, he had lost all momentum.

Also he was never made to look dominant in any way. I don't ever remember him winning matches easily. Also take into account he really was not that imposing, I mean yeah he obviously is big but not on the level of the other big men. It's not like he had any particular feats of strength like Goldberg and Ryberg, and he didn't have much else either. All I remember from his matches were the Muay Thai clinch, and his Red Sky powerbomb. His other finisher the Red Alert was amazing too but he couldn't do it on most people.

Not to mention he had several "losses", such as in tag matches and 3 ways. Even though he wasn't pinned there were still many cases it happened, even his very first match if I recall (Him and Angle vs Immortal)

Crimson defeated Kurt, Joe, Abyss, RVD, AJ, Morgan, everyone and anyone.

He defeated Angle? I highly doubt cleanly. Same for AJ. And yeah I can distinctly remember RVD's match because Crimson actually won that one by DQ. RVD must've refused to job clean to him lol

I had completely forgotten about him. TNA has still been solid for the past month or so. They're not going to be hurting from this.

I totally forgot Crimson was even alive.

His streak was unimpressive to me, don't expect much from him.

I think this is why they sent him back down.

Crimson has the look. He needs MAJOR polishing. He's a perfect example of too much, too soon. If he has any kind of long-term potential (which I believe he does, considering his youth and all) then he should have no problem stepping down to improve. When he gets out of the green zone, he'll be a major force in Impact Wrestling.

i think sending him down is a good idea. there is a lot of talent in tna at the moment. so him spending some time in ovw is not a bad idea. he has a great look but needs to bulk up a bit more and work on his mic skills. but if he manages this things then when he comes back he will be a very good superstar.

Its what the guy needed. I don't think anyone was into his undefeated streak anyway. He has a good look but needs to refine his skills. TNA is still doing fine without Crimson on TV.

I don't see how this is a bad thing, he was hardly doing anything memorable in the ring. This easily covered when he comes back too, he just simply cuts a promo saying after taking losses to Storm & Devon he realized he need to step away & refocus, but now he's back & better than ever, or something along those lines, hopefully something much more interesting, or he could also be apart of Aces & Eights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back