• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cricket World Cup 2007 Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downward Spiral

I'm Not From Your Country
Pick the winner of the World Cup 2007 World Cup winner here. The tournament has already started but this is the overall winner. This may take a while to get the vbookie up but I am making it.

I am betting 150 on the Aussies because you can't go against them. They always pull out the goods when it's needed the most and I think they have an easy path to the second round. In saying that, I think the South Africans are the form team heading into the cup, but they have a habit of choking. 100 on them though because they have a good chance.

^ Just a note Downward.. the warm up matches may have started but the tounamanet itself doesnt begin for another week.

Well im going 50 on the Aussies.... 100 on India cos i think given the conditions with the new pitches, the strength of their batting and gys like Zaheer Khan in form they will be tough to top.. and 50 on Sri Lanka.. batting is explosive and could make some mamooth scores against anyone on those grounds... Vass, Malinga and of course Murali.. good bowling line up

Australia are crushing the competition and it has been a very eventful world cup so far. The underdogs have been winning the matches and Ireland and Bangladesh made the Super Eights. The teams still remaining in contention for the cup are the teams in the Super Eights:
Australia
New Zealand
Sri Lanka
South Africa
England
West Indies
Ireland
Bangladesh

I forgot about this one but Australia completely dominated the whole tournament. It was a pathetic tournament that highlights the complete lack of competition here. Australia are just too good but it will be interesting next World Cup when they don't have guys like Hogg, Hayden, Gilchrist or McGrath. Australia beat Sri Lanka in the final by 53 runs. A lot of people win.

Yeah I finally win something!!!

What a disappointing tournament, and the way it ended was a complete farce and really nearly took some of the shine of what was an amazing performance from the Australians.

No one really got close to them, just blew away all the competition, to show onc and for all that they are the best team in the World in both the ODI and Test arena. If South Africa or anyother country become number won in ODI's without winning anytihng it will show again what a complete load of bull the ranking system is.

Hats off to Sri Lanka though, they played some good cricket over the extremely long tournamanet. I am left wondering what if Vass and Murali had played during the super eights? could they have gained some advantage of the Aussies? We will never know.

as an english man i'm glad australlia won especially because i know that us beating them in the tri series was a complete fluke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back