Creative build up ideas for the set Mania matches....

Rocky84

I make this thread with the hopes that someone from the WWE creative team will read it and take someone's good idea on a buildup story for some of the top matches already in place for Mania (since their own stories are lackluster).

The top matches that are all but set in stone are Cena vs Bray, Orton vs Batista, and Brock vs Taker. DB will more than likely face HHH as Kane is not a suitable opponent at all for him at Mania, and that there's nobody else for HHH to face at this point.

So I ask you, with everything unfolding like we all knew for months, how would you personally spice up the set matches stories to make it interesting and hyped up?

I'd personally like to see...

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt:

While Cena is in the ring about to speak, the lights go out and a video pops up on the screen. It's low quality portable camera which is grainy and showing a house at nighttime. The house is Cena's (as we've all seen on Total Divas) and there's a lamp post with a silhouette of a man in a hat standing under it. It's like a shadow and you can't see who it is but it's very Exorcist movie-esque (with the priest outside about to walk in).

Then the camera cuts off and the next clip is inside the house where you hear a girl talking on the phone saying how "Johns on the road, but I'm at the house alone"...it's Nikki Bella....the. you hear lightning and thunder and the power goes out. Then there's infrared on the camera and the cameraman is inches from Nikki in the dark filming her face and she doesn't know he's there...and she says "hello?" And the camera pans to the right and you see the sheep mask right behind her (ala Michael Myers in Halloween 1-closet scene) and it turns black, but then you hear her scream.

Cena is in shock and runs out of the building. Leading up to Mania he gets ahold of the Wyatts and goes to extreme measures to find out where Nikki is...he beats them badly with a weapon but Bray just keeps laughing saying you'll never find her. Then make some kind of stipulation where if he wins at Mania he'll get her back or something. ...best I got.

Orton vs Batista:

I would have The Authority come out and congratulate Orton on his big win and how they believed in him all along. Orton comes out and sings their praises and then Batista comes out and says he's going to take that title at Mania and show how he's always been the better man since their days in Evolution.

Orton says he was always the focal point of the groups future and how he has proven it throughout the years. Batista turns to Hunter and says "do you believe this snot nose little punk?" And HHH replies with "welllll, he does kinda have a point Dave" and Batista says "if you beat him at Mania, and I beat you at Mania, what's that say about what I'm going to do to this spoiled bitch at Mania?"

Then Flairs music hits...he comes out and greets everyone as a friend. He slowly walks onto the side of the Authority and Orton and says "Dave buddy, with all due respect, Evolution was always about the past-me, the present-Hunter, and the future-Randy...you were always just the muscle. A mere replacement for Mark Jindrack...no offense buddy, but let's not get too carried away here". Then he continues to go on about everything Randy has accomplished.

This leaves Batista speechless and furious. He says nothing and they all leave together looking at Batista like he's a poor outcast...when they leave Batista goes ape shit and flips the announcers table and hits a camera man and continues this backstage.

I think that'd be a good way to spark this fued up. Then let Flair accompany Orton to the ring in the title match.

Brock vs Taker:

I would have Brock come out declaring he is the true #1 contender and wants his title shot, then have the lights turn out and a video plays...the UFC footage where a bloody Brock was exiting the octagon only to be cut off by Taker and challenged with " you wanna do it?!" Then the lights turn on and Taker is there on the ramp. He could then say, "why don't you come get something more prestigious than the title...wudda ya say boy? "

Then Brock flips out and screams "come on!" with Heyman holding him back.

Let's hear some of your guys ideas on the build ups for these matches which are 99% solidified.

Appreciate yor opinion, but hated the build-ups, save Brock/Taker. I just personally never buy into the "Home invasion" garbage. We are not 12 and that's pushing the believability too far.
I dont honestly think there is a way to save Orton vs Batista without inserting Bryan. Every crowd since Rumble has killed any momentum any time either of those two get in the ring. I think Vince is smart enough to know he has to tweak that match by adding Bryan. The build-up could be as simple as "You beat Kane and/or Triple H on RAW, You're in the match". They just have to shore it up.
I actually like the slow build for Bray/Cena. They have weeks to let Bray play his mind games. If you caught the, rather short, Wyatt/SHIELD feud and match, it shows thatt the WWE still can do creative with huge payoffs when they have to.
Now, one match I'd like to see, along with a million others, is Punk vs SCSA
I would build this one by paying homage to the Hitman/SCSA storyline:
Punk shows up to address why he's done with the WWE. He's beaten everyone, done everything. But.....there's one more thing he can accomplish. Beating SCSA. He begs Austin out of retirement for the match. Questions his manhood, that he ever could have beaten half of todays roster etc..... Eventually SCSA Accepts. It IS a blatant rip off of that ols SCSA/Hitman feud, but it fits so perfectly. Plus it would allow SCSA to play the angle from each side.
I think my scenario is as unlikely as your CENA/Wyatt one, but like you, just an idea I think would pay off.
Again, not trying to throw stones at you here. Just disagree, but I have disagreed with many storylines that paid off huge in the past.

OK here's what I think would be cool for Wyatt/Cena:

Bray Wyatt cryptically announces that "Sister Abigail" will be at Wrestlemania with her own kind of "voodoo" and for the next few weeks when Cena appears we hear a woman's cackle a maniacal Joker-esque cackle then at Wrestlemania after the match the lights go out and Cena is laid out with Bray and.....NIKKI BELLA!!! standing over him and Bray whispers "Meet Sister Abigail"

Appreciate yor opinion, but hated the build-ups, save Brock/Taker. I just personally never buy into the "Home invasion" garbage. We are not 12 and that's pushing the believability too far.
I dont honestly think there is a way to save Orton vs Batista without inserting Bryan. Every crowd since Rumble has killed any momentum any time either of those two get in the ring. I think Vince is smart enough to know he has to tweak that match by adding Bryan. The build-up could be as simple as "You beat Kane and/or Triple H on RAW, You're in the match". They just have to shore it up.
I actually like the slow build for Bray/Cena. They have weeks to let Bray play his mind games. If you caught the, rather short, Wyatt/SHIELD feud and match, it shows thatt the WWE still can do creative with huge payoffs when they have to.
Now, one match I'd like to see, along with a million others, is Punk vs SCSA
I would build this one by paying homage to the Hitman/SCSA storyline:
Punk shows up to address why he's done with the WWE. He's beaten everyone, done everything. But.....there's one more thing he can accomplish. Beating SCSA. He begs Austin out of retirement for the match. Questions his manhood, that he ever could have beaten half of todays roster etc..... Eventually SCSA Accepts. It IS a blatant rip off of that ols SCSA/Hitman feud, but it fits so perfectly. Plus it would allow SCSA to play the angle from each side.
I think my scenario is as unlikely as your CENA/Wyatt one, but like you, just an idea I think would pay off.
Again, not trying to throw stones at you here. Just disagree, but I have disagreed with many storylines that paid off huge in the past.

I appreciate your response and respect your opinion. I was going off the lines of the "Higher Power-Ministry kidnapping Stephanie McMahon" from the Attitude era. If it was ok back then at the height of wrestling coolness, I don't see why it wouldn't be ok now. I think it'd be pretty cool. Different strokes I guess.

I would've LOVED Austin vs Punk though. I think any storyline they did would've worked for me lol...I just wanna see their match.

OK here's what I think would be cool for Wyatt/Cena:

Bray Wyatt cryptically announces that "Sister Abigail" will be at Wrestlemania with her own kind of "voodoo" and for the next few weeks when Cena appears we hear a woman's cackle a maniacal Joker-esque cackle then at Wrestlemania after the match the lights go out and Cena is laid out with Bray and.....NIKKI BELLA!!! standing over him and Bray whispers "Meet Sister Abigail"

That'd be AWESOME! lol.

Probably a huge fantasy scenario here. If, and I say IF, CM Punk is taking a legitimate "sabbatical", as described by Vince, and re-charging the batteries before coming back for WrestleMania, than this weeks RAW in Chicago is where I would set (1) CM Punk vs Triple H and (2) Daniel Bryan into the WWE WHC Match.

I would have Bryan start the show challenging Triple H or demanding he be put in the title match but continually getting shot down. I'd then have Triple H and Stephanie chat before telling Bryan he can have a WWE WHC Match if he wins tonight - in a gauntlet match. Firstly, he'd face Elimination Chamber opponent Christian, secondly, Kane, before facing Triple H in a No DQ Match. However if he loses he won't compete at WrestleMania.
Bryan would get through Christian, and then Kane. Out comes Triple H, and with Bryan gassed he'd control most of the match but with Bryan coming back and showing fight. I'd have Kane run-in and try to take out Bryan only for CM Punk's music to hit, crowd goes insane, and Punk comes through the crowd and takes out Kane, hits him with a chair and then goes after Triple H. The two would brawl until Punk nails him with a chair in the back, Bryan hits the running knee and pins him. Bryan goes into the WWE WHC and Punk vs Triple H is set.

Now, in the incredibly more likely event that CM Punk is legitimately done with WWE, I would run Daniel Bryan vs Triple H. To me, Bryan needs to get through Triple H and The Authority before claiming the gold, it just makes sense. Now I do believe, however, that it should've happened at Survivor Series/TLC, so Bryan could go on to win the Rumble and the title at 'Mania against Orton. Anyway, I think the most important thing about this feud is that it needs to be physical. In fact, all three of the top matches (Batista/Orton & Lesnar/Taker) need to be more physical fighting/brawling compared to back-and-forth mic work like, for example, Cena/Bray.
I'd have Triple H make Bryan go through hell to earn a match with him (which he of course would get) and then come out and bury Bryan with a Pedigree just to piss the fans off even more. Maybe have a contract signing (I know it's been done to death) with Triple H being protected by security guards. Only to have Bryan finally show-up and go nuts. He could take down a bunch of security guards without being able to get his hands on 'H, maybe get arrested or something. I don't know - that stuff has been done but it seems like this needs to be a bit of a re-hash of the McMahon-Austin feud.

To me, it needs to be Bryan doing anything he can to get his hands on Triple H. Similar to how they did the Wyatts and Shield with the confrontation tease. Only Triple H would always escape and then use his power and authority to take Bryan down. Maybe on the go-home show have Kane and a couple of guards in the ring with Triple H as he cuts a promo, Bryan's music hits and Triple H sends the guards and Kane to the ramp/stage to stop him, then Bryan comes from behind and takes out Triple H before exiting into the crowd and starting a huge YES chant.

Anyway, that's basically ideas that have been done in some way, shape or form, but they seem to fit the Bryan and Triple H characters. The crowd loves Bryan so I don't seem why it couldn't work that well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back