• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crazy aussie's

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
I just read the entire aussie rules football thread and did not understand any of it.

I do understand that those guys love their game.

I don't want to use wiki, but could someone explain that sport to me?

I've seen it on tv a few times and i love watching it, but i have no idea what is going on.

I just read the entire aussie rules football thread and did not understand any of it.

I do understand that those guys love their game.

I don't want to use wiki, but could someone explain that sport to me?

I've seen it on tv a few times and i love watching it, but i have no idea what is going on.

Two teams
To get points you have to kick the ball between the posts, scores like this

\ behind \ goal goal \ behind \
...1 behind... 6 .....behind 1
A goal is the middle, 6 points, either side is a behind and gets 1 point.

A goal is scored its back to the middle restart (like soccer)
A behind is scored play starts at the end.

To get the ball to the goal you can run the ball (But must bounce it every 15 metres or so) or from player to player you can 'punch' the ball (No throw passing) or kick the ball. If the kick is over so many metres you can opt to continue play or you stop movement and get an uncontested kick.

You can tackle the person with the ball.
Oh and there are some other rules but they dont matter as much.

Hope that both helps and confuses :) (Oh and if I got anything wrong someone feel free to correct me)

Two teams
To get points you have to kick the ball between the posts, scores like this

\ behind \ goal goal \ behind \
...1 behind... 6 .....behind 1
A goal is the middle, 6 points, either side is a behind and gets 1 point.

A goal is scored its back to the middle restart (like soccer)
A behind is scored play starts at the end.

To get the ball to the goal you can run the ball (But must bounce it every 15 metres or so) or from player to player you can 'punch' the ball (No throw passing) or kick the ball. If the kick is over so many metres you can opt to continue play or you stop movement and get an uncontested kick.

You can tackle the person with the ball.
Oh and there are some other rules but they dont matter as much.

Hope that both helps and confuses :) (Oh and if I got anything wrong someone feel free to correct me)

That totally helped man. Green rep for you. I'm feeling generous, and I'm sure the two points I provide will help. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back