Could UFC style Weight Divisions work in the WWE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyshowman82

Getting Noticed By Management
Imagine that the WWE or a wrestling adopted the weight division system that they have in UFC. The UFC has 8 weight divisions which consist of Flyweight (125lbs),Bantamweight (135), Featherweight (145), Lightweight (155), Welterweight (170), Middleweight (185), Light Heavyweight (205), and Heavyweight (265). To my knowledge there is no one in the WWE
below the weight of 185. The WWE in the past usually bumps up the heights and weights of competitors to make as larger than life as possible. But imagine if they were honest about the weights and they had these divisions. I'm sure guys like Christian, CM Punk, Daniel Byran and others could compete for Middleweight titles. Various WWE Stars could fall into the Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight categories. Surely WWE would have to have a Super Heavyweight Division as well as countless superstars over the year have easily passed the 265 mark. Also guys who who able to could move up and down the divisions and hold multiple belts. To me what would be the really cool thing is that if they had these lighter weight divisions a fan who was smaller could know that he didn't have to be 240lbs to be a star. I believe it would create spots for all this new talent just as the same effect happened in the UFC. People may think no way would a division with 125 pound men fly in wrestling. But imagine the speed and precision. Put together with great personalities and it could be really fun. Also competitors wouldn't feel the need to put on unnecessary mass as there would be a division for all sizes of performers.

Would you enjoy this if this did happen in the WWE or in pro wrestling somewhere?

It did happen. Remember the Cruiserweight division? They piloted this concept with it and it failed... miserably.

Also, this is a subject that has come up WAY too many times in the past.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back