• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could Tim Sylvia Make it as a Professional Wrestler?

tim-sylvia-ufc.gif

I read today on this website that former Two Time UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia will be doing some professional wrestling matches in Japan next month along with Bob Sapp, Bobby Lashley and Josh Barnett.

If anyone has seen his fights, he has the looks, size, and personality to be a pretty good Monster Heel.

He is 6'8" 275 pounds. And with his MMA background a company could push him as Brock Lesnar/Bobby Lashley type. A powerhouse with technical and striking skills.

The only problem is his past with drug abuse, I'm not sure if he has got that resolved, he was stripped in 2003 of his title when he failed a drug test. Again not sure if this has been resolved.

Not sure if he plans to have a future in this or if this is just a one time deal but nonetheless it caught my interest.

What are your thoughts?

Could he make it as a professional wrestler?
If he could make it, which company would you like to see him compete in?

Absolutely not.

The guy is fucking clumsy and awkward... that does not make for a good professional wrestler. He's undoubtedly going to be absolute shit in the ring, especially since I doubt he's had any training whatsoever.

Now, what I will give him is that he's an easy guy to hate. There's just something about the dude that people cannot help but to loathe him whenever they see him. That would absolutely come in handy for Timmah in a business like pro wrestling, but the problem is... he's a TERRIBLE public speaker, so he would be more of a joke heel than an actual hated heel. You know, the type where people change the channel whenever he comes on, than actually want to keep tuning in to see him get his ass kicked.

So, yeah... he won't make it in professional wrestling. No chance in hell.

Oh God no.

He's very clumsy and awkward, and while he is big, he does not look athletic at all, looking very gangly and sloppy.

Plus, he is an awful talker.

So, all round, no, just no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back