Could this work work for the Network?

gmanversion1

Occasional Pre-Show
I am sorry if this is construn as a same topic, so if it is, I am sorry, and feel free to merge it, but the other one was just a poll if we thought Dixie would be, and this is an Idea of something that could be done.

Personally there is only one person I would like to see as "The Network." That man is Don Collis (spelling?) There is a connection, so hear me out.

ECW was on TNN
ECW had a "Network" character "working for" TNN
This man was Cyris "The Virus" played by wrestler Don Collis (aka Jackyl back in the WWF)
TNN became Spike TV
Spike TV picked up TNA
Don Collis could now return in the same type role, "working for" the same network under a different name

makes perfect sence

Your thoughts?

If it is anyone else (even Haymen) I will be unhappy

I don't know. After the reception that Hardcore Justice got, I think TNA may be reluctant to do another "ECW" angle. I will say that I always wanted Cyrus to show up on Raw when they were on TNN/Spike.

Now, they wouldn't even have to mention ECW, I would just love to have Cyrus there for that hidden ECW/TNN/Spike/TNA connection that only the hardcore fans would know. He is great on the mic. One of the best in the business

TNA would never rip-off an angle from a minor league promotion that garnered great success before it was bought out by Vince McMahon! Oh wait... Nevermind. Yes they would. This sounds like a picture-perfect angle that, if you were on the TNA creative staff, I'm sure they would jump on. It's clever, a play off an old promotion's angle, and will make ABSOLUTELY ZERO SENSE to any of the fans watching today... So, naturally TNA would go balls-deep for it... No offense, I don't mean to say that you're idea is stupid or anything, it's more or less a bash against TNA's creative "team". It's actually a really great catch on your part, and something I had never even thought about until you brought it up! So thanks for that...

But yeah, this whole "network" thing is kind of a big angle going on in TNA right now. Even though it's been put in the middle of a very ambiguous and complex title picture, and really is just a rip-off of the WWE's anonymous GM concept. TNA should be trying to garner a larger fan-base, and throwing in an angle that only a very small handful of fans will get is not a good idea for business. Or for entertainment.

I don't honestly believe this will work, Mark Madden did a great blog upon it.

But it will turn out to be Dixi, OMG who wouldn't have seen that coming? well TNA you really out done yourself this time (sarcasm!).

I suppose that could make sense, when looking at the history given in the original post. However, not everyone is going to remember who Don Collis is and TNA needs to focus on bringing in the casual viewers thus most of them would have no clue who Don Collis is and it would just be a moment they roll their eyes at. They need to reveal it as someone who would make more sense being in that role. Then again, I wouldn't put it past TNA if they went this route because they have done stranger things before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back