Could this be the win he needs?

QBall111

Occasional Pre-Show
A few days ago I posted about A Sting/Bray Wyatt feud however as most agree Wyatt must win. I agree. During RAW last night I had the thought that Sting should go over against Kane. I'm truly not convinced Kane is done in the Authority but I hate corporate Kane. I want to see the mask back. Not the watered down mask but the mask from when he first debuted. That's the demon Kane I miss. What if Sting was to call out Kane and the more the promos go the more and more the reference of the mask is made.
It'd be that prelude to A possible Sting vs Undertaker match, it could give Sting a win, it wouldn't have the aura like a Sting vs Undertaker match if that match is on the shelf but could be pretty close.

Wyatt is indeed in a must win situation. I don't see the need for Sting and Bray to fight just yet. Both need wins, that much is true. But Bray needs it more. Also, Sting has been there done that, but as far as the possible "dream match" vs. Undertaker, he would need to have at least one victorius feud or two under his belt.

It isn't that he needs to prove himself, but having him lose at two consecutive WM's isn't a good look. That being said, I haven't been able to watch the product (no home internet), so I get most of my updates from WZ and WZ Forums (here). Besides, I don't want to see either one lose, but I don't want a draw either.

Anyway, as for the fact that if not Sting vs. Wyatt feud up next, then what? I don't know. Bray vs. Kane? Bray vs. Bray?

Sorry for this messed up post, Q.

The problem with Kane is he's 48 years old, and while he can still go in the ring, the masked Kane of 10 years ago is gone forever. Even now while he's still an imposing figure he moves a little more slowly and his moves don't seem to have the impact they once did.

Besides taking the mask off and then putting it back on, taking it off again, wash, rinse, repeat, it loses it's effect after awhile. Not to mention the fact that he's been jobbed out to almost everyone in the last year or so since becoming a member of the Authority.

A masked Kane doesn't strike terror into the hearts of anyone anymore. I like corporate Kane and he will probably end his days in the WWE with this gimmick. If he does end up having a match with Sting, which would only make sense if Sting targeted the Authority again, I would be surprised if he donned the mask. Anyway I can't see Sting losing this match to Kane, otherwise what would be the reason to bring Sting into the WWE in the first place.

A few days ago I posted about A Sting/Bray Wyatt feud however as most agree Wyatt must win. I agree. During RAW last night I had the thought that Sting should go over against Kane. I'm truly not convinced Kane is done in the Authority but I hate corporate Kane. I want to see the mask back. Not the watered down mask but the mask from when he first debuted. That's the demon Kane I miss. What if Sting was to call out Kane and the more the promos go the more and more the reference of the mask is made.
It'd be that prelude to A possible Sting vs Undertaker match, it could give Sting a win, it wouldn't have the aura like a Sting vs Undertaker match if that match is on the shelf but could be pretty close.

Kane is done. He has nothing to bring to the table anymore. Demon Kane MIGHT work, but I wouldn't count on that either.

And we already saw Kane vs Wyatt. It was Wyatt's first feud. He sort of won that one. No interest in seeing that again.

For future heels in development (Kevin Owens) WWE should avoid the mistake it made with Bray having him feud with all of the top faces so early on. Where could Wyatt go from there but down?

Kane isn't a legit threat with or without mask. He doesn't stand a chance against sting and a win over Kane means nothing. The only big wins for sting at this point of time is against Cena, Lesner and the chosen one himself. But these guys are unlikely to put sting over so I'd say Orton is the next best thing. It has to be a face vs face match. I don't want the legend killer back. Face orton could be a huge draw against someone like sting. Since orton is a semi part timer now it makes perfect sense.
And that's the win they both need.

I don't think Sting should ever come back, He had his stuff at Wrestlemaia, shame HHH was petty enough to go over, but at the same time, he was the only one with enough aura to take Sting on.

I certainly don't want to see Taker/Sting, they are legends alright, but they are also 120 years old, and the match would be disappointing. What could maybe be interesting is have them tag against The Authority or something, or younger guys that could mask their age "problem". Or, total fanfiction, Sting, Masked Kane and Taker vs Wyatt Family 2.0, defending the values of Old School Wrestling.

Triple H going over in the way he did says to me WWE are done with Sting. Stinger wasn't trusted to have a proper match and instead was booked in that clusterfuck. I don't even mind the guy losing so much as the nonsense we saw with DX v the nWo & Sting replaying the Monday Night Wars. And all of that after Sting had cut a great promo six days earlier on Raw saying the idea that he was back to avenge WCW was just ridiculous.

They killed Sting's drawing value for the company with that one, Wyatt getting a win over him now wouldn't do much for the guy.

That would be a good feud for Summerslam no doubt, the two would work well together. But I still think Sting vs Taker is coming. I've seen that they say Vince is against it, but that is probably to add surprise factor later on. Just like HHH saying the Samoa Joe deal wasn't happening, and he shows up on the next NXT show.

Wyatt vs Sting would be a good an old school rivalry, but I don't think it can really lead anywhere. If the point is to entertain the fans and put on a great wrestling show, then this rivalry would be the way to go. If the point is to establish a long term character and storyline, then it isn't the way to go.

As far as Kane, I tend to buy into the nostalgia of WWE, so I hope for the same thing, a big red monster wreaking havoc on Raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back