• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could the NBA help WWE?

ForeverRKO

Pre-Show Stalwart
okay , when i ask this question i do not mean basketball players wrestling for WWE. But the NBA playoff branch to win the Championship. okay here's an idea , take away the WWE Title and the Intercontinental Title. Strip the holder of the World Heavyweight Championship and Strip the holder of the U.S. Title. now all the main eventers have 1 common goal of getting the WHC , and the mid level has 1 common goal of getting the US Title. On both Smackdown and Raw have a series or fueds and matches over the course of a month as usual but have 1 number one contender from each Smackdown and Raw and in the PPV they battle for the title , like how in the nba they have a Eastern Conference Champion and Western Conf. Champ. .. every , month have a series of matches to determine who's taking on the champs of the US title and the WHC. so you'll have 2 titles , 1 main eventer champ. 1 mid level champ. everyone will eventually battle everyone in their class for the title , giving everyone an equally opportunity and still have the tag team championships , the top superstars from both brands will face off with each ther so you wont see the same boring matches every week. this may sound crazy at first but with the right storylines it could change the WWE for the better. tell me what you think and remember everyone's opinion matters.

While it is an interesting idea I would be concerned of how it would be booked going forward. Right now, you have the WHC and WWE champs dominating their respective shows (Cena and Orton). If you went down to just one "main event" champ (depending on the belt you used) would this person end up dominating air time on both shows every week leading the viewers to see more of them than we already do. Also, for some reason I don't know if I like categorizing people into either the "main event" or "mid-carder" category since how do you determine where they fall exactly?

If there were to be some type of change, I would be interested in seeing them do something like what TNA is doing with the Bound for Glory series. Take the 12 best guys (6 from each brand) and have cross-brand matches for a period of time to end up with the top two. If they were going to do this, which I doubt, these matches could start sometime around Royal Rumble or Survivor Series and use this as a road to Wrestlemania to see which two wrestlers (er...sports entertainers) would main event and have a title unification match at that time. Just a thought...

As stated though, people in general want to see the champ and with only one heavyweight champ I don't want to see that person with lots of air time on both shows every week, no matter who it is.

The problem with your plan is that 1 title will only further exasperate the current boring and repetative matches. They still won't be forced to make new stars and with one belt, the main eventers that aren't being used will flow into the midcard and take away time from those guys.

Instead of having "major level" and "mid-card level" why not just make one giant bracket like the NCAA Tourney. Have everyone on the active roster involved. So no matter whether you are Huge like Big Show, Small like Evan Bourne, Fast like Bourne, Rey, and Sin Cara or whatever, everyone is involved.

Make the brackets by randomly selecting superstars out of a hat, or lottery system or what not, to fill in the brackets. So no matter how they're drawn out, you could have anyone face anyone regardless of size, speed, agility, high flying ability etc.

NCAA Tourney style is better because like in the NCAA Tourney you have "Major Schools" and "Mid Major Schools" and sometimes they face each other in the tourney, so instead of having 2 seperate titles like Major & Midcard... if they're gonna do it like that, Just make the one title. And make everyone eligible to compete for the Top Prize, no matter how big or small they are.

the champ doesnt face the #1 contender until the ppv , he still has his regular matches on his brand but he doesnt face the top guy from the other brand until there is one. once a top superstar loses he goes to the back of the line so you'll see new faces in championship matches. loser has to work his way back up by beating the other 5-10 guys ahead of him , if the champ loses he gets his regular rematch the following week. i know nobody wants to see John Cena vs r-truth every week and in the ppv or randy orton vs christian .. this way we'll see John Cena vs Randy Orton this month , John Cena or Randy Orton vs Alberto Del Rio the following month and so on and so on.

I dont see WWE making this type of sacrifice by taking a chance with their title divisions, especially when they could get called out for stealing another spot's setup. Before you mention that they're stealing MMA or boxing's setup might I add that at least those sports have something to do with fighting, thus the technique works. NBA has nothing to do with wrestling and apperently anything that resembles a tournament for a title position in the WWE isnt over with the fans. The KOTR RAW episodes are some of the most criticized. I think the technique WWE has for its title division works just fine, and has been working fine for years. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back