• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could smackdown use a time change

MVP12

Occasional Pre-Show
I personally hated the fact that Smackdown moved to Friday nights. I personally either have work or am not at home, and most people are. So i was thinking that smackdowns low ratings might be due to the fact that its on friday nights. Maybe move back to thursdays? What are your guys thoughts.

HELL YES!!
Everyone does hit on Friday Nights. That is like the only time I hang out with some of my friends. I would not change them for wrestling. Friday Night is like the biggest selling night at theaters. What is wrong with Vince. Why the fuck doesn't he change to a more suitable time slot and day. He is running Smack down by himself.

I also think that they should't put SD on Fridays, Friday is the day that everybody goes out. Not many people would stay in and watch SD instead of going out, I don't understand why Vince has kept SD on Fridays. I don't know if I would put it onto Thursdays though because TNA is on Thursdays.

I guess it could but I would be hesitant to do that, to be honest.

The fact of the matter is that Smackdown is now known as being Friday Night Smackdown. Perhaps not to the extent that people know Raw as “Monday Night Raw” but the tag on the name is still there for everyone to see. What I am getting at is that people know that Smackdown is shown on a Friday and that is as simple as that. Let us not forget that most people are idiots. They cannot use a TV guide to save themselves and people have probably grown into the habit of having Smackdown shown on a Friday.

That being said, I would love to see it being moved back to a Thursday night. Putting it head to head with TNA Impact would give us a read about how both companies are doing and I would very much like to see those results. Also, it means that people aren’t sitting in on a Friday night to watch Smackdown instead of going out somewhere and enjoying themselves on their weekends. Of course, that is completely personal and if people would rather watch wrestling that go out, that is their choice entirely. However, I am not one of those people.

The other thing is that no one really cares about live showings anymore. I do not know one person who does not have some sort of recording device for their TV. Unless you are really interested in ratings, then I would assume that you would rather record something and watch it in your won time. For that reason, I guess it makes it completely redundant to move it anywhere. People who want to watch the show will inevitably find a way to do so.

No, it doesn't need a time change, but I wouldn't be completely opposed to it. The only change I'd really want to see is them going back to Thursday nights and competing with TNA. If Smackdown and iMPACT were on the same night then we'd really be able to see which company had the advantage on that night, we'd be able to compare the product somewhat easier.

Ratings-wise, Fridays are the worst days for most shows, people just don't have time to watch anything. Thursdays are a bit more stacked with better shows on television, it is really a double edged sword if you think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back