Could Mistico Be TNA's Rey Mysterio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
He pretty much does what Rey did in WCW, but more. So could TNA market him in a similar way to what WWE do with Rey? From what I read Mysterio is a big reason for WWE's success with Hispanic people. And while I'm sure certain TNA wrestlers are very popular, I doubt very much that they have a stand out superstar.

But would it work in TNA. The reason Rey Mysterio is so popular surely must be because WWE doesn't allow the smaller wrestlers to do all the jumps and flips they do were they in an indy promotion , or even TNA. In TNA wrestlers are allowed to do mostly what they want in the ring, so would Mistico, bland babyface that he is, really be able to stand out.

Dunno about the Hispanic part. I mean, there is... those two guys. What are they called? They had that one with the big tits with 'em for a while, and that Eddie Guerrero lookalike. Ah, fuck it. You know who I mean.

But yeah, it'd be great for Mistico to be marketed as Rey Mk. II. Just don't bring in any luchadores with him, it'd make him look much less remarkable.

If Curry Man can stand out (wait, he does stand out, doesn't he?) then Mistico can. Hell, if TNA fans think Kaz is any fucking good (the amount of "Yeah, Kaz is only number two to AJ" comments on YouTube make me want to self harm), then they'll eat Mistico up.

Wait, this is TNA we're talking about. Why are you actually questioning whether he'd be popular Jake?

I'm sure he'd be popular. But Rey Mysterio is promoted in WWE as if the moves he does are amazing, and nobody has ever seen them before. Even though he doesn't do anywhere near as much as he used to, and his moves are very basic. That's why everyone loves him, because of the great job WWE does of making fans think that the basic moves he does now are amazing. His popularity would diminish if London, Kendrick and others were allowed to do the stuff they did in ROH.

It would also be harder for Mistico to stand out in TNA because the moves he does are done by other wrestlers. Frequently, in every single match almost. Also Don West sells them all the same.

I'm sure he'd be popular. But Rey Mysterio is promoted in WWE as if the moves he does are amazing, and nobody has ever seen them before. Even though he doesn't do anywhere near as much as he used to, and his moves are very basic. That's why everyone loves him, because of the great job WWE does of making fans think that the basic moves he does now are amazing. His popularity would diminish if London, Kendrick and others were allowed to do the stuff they did in ROH.

It would also be harder for Mistico to stand out in TNA because the moves he does are done by other wrestlers. Frequently, in every single match almost. Also Don West sells them all the same.

I take this thread to mean TNA have signed him, right?

Yeah, I agree with Jake's post. Except the last bit. I've seen Mistico do some stuff that's truly incredible that other guys in TNA don't, even though TNA movesets are less limited than WWE ones. That's why I think Mistico can get a-hold of Rey's Hispanic fanbase - he is, after all, so much better that the TNA/WWE moveset difference shouldn't matter too much.

I don't think tna has signed him yet. But then again CMLL has had a couple of wrestlers (Grey Shadow and Alex Koslov for anyone interested or watches Lucha) jump ship to AAA recently so there is no telling what is going to happen.

With the way tna's booking is I seriousley doubt they could market Mistico like Rey. They have already messed up with so many of the wrestlers in tna already that going to tna would be a step down for Mistico I think. He should stay where he is at but I can see why he would want to explore wrestling in another country and he might make more money here in the states. I think eventually he would fall into mid card hell and wouldn't be used properly by tna. Lol maybe they would pair him with the prince justice brotherhood or whatever they are called. Actually I am not even sure if they are still around.

I believe uncle sam you are talking about LAX with Salinas and Hector Guerrero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back