• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Could a UFC invasion work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
Could a UFC invasion storyline work in the WWE?

Why not?

Sure, the invasion angle has been done to death in professional wrestling, and promotions who utilize this potent, high-maintenance tactic to sell pay-per-views tend to almost always screw them up. But the room for improvement and potential in an otherwise unimaginable invasion of the WWE makes it that much more compelling to the average wrestling fan.

Given the built-in similarities between the UFC and the WWE, the threat of a hostile takeover from an all-MMA stable within the WWE makes sense from the get-go.

With Brock Lesnar already in the fold, mixed martial arts outsiders and admitted pro wrestling fans Tito Ortiz and Muhammed Lawal could join the former UFC heavyweight champion in their quest for combat sport dominance.

What do you think?

no.....
extreme rules.....lesner vs cena proved it
REAL Fighters vs entertainers
real life cena would of been beat and knocked out
wrestling cena took a beating and won in 2 moves....

The answer to this is no for several viable reasons:

WWE & UFC are two different entities in two different businesses - The basis of pro wrestling is to use larger than life characters and personalities to engage in fictious feuds & mock combact in which the outcomes are staged and the various moves are rehearsed. UFC is about real fighting, plain and simple. To be a success in UFC, all you have to be is a good fighter that wins matches. You don't have to have a personality or promo skills or charisma and based on what I've seen, most MMA fighters lack all of those things. It's about going in there and fighting. Not that I'm putting MMA down, although I'm not really a fan of it, but, to me, it's far more one dimensional than pro wrestling.

No major benefit for either promotion - The WWE has nothing to gain from this, believe it or not. I know that it's common to hear some dirtsheet writers go on and on about MMA & UFC in general but in spite of all the pro UFC propoganda, it's television audience is considerably below that of WWE. UFC television programming, in terms of ratings, has generally been on the same level as TNA. Since going to FX, The Ultimate Fighter has only averaged around 1.2-1.3 million viewers. Airings of UFC fights on Spike also tended to draw numbers in that same realm. In such a feud, WWE would be the draw while having to put together programs with MMA fighters that have little to no experience and know-how in professional wrestling. Just because someone is a good MMA fighter doesn't mean they have what it takes to be a good pro wrestler and vice versa. I'm sure such an invasion angle would draw tons of media attention and would probably pop a big rating for a week or to but, in the long run, interest would probably diminish quickly as these are two totally different worlds.

UFC would lose credibility - There are a lot of MMA fans that hate pro wrestling and a lot of pro wrestling fans that hate MMA. If the UFC took part in a professional wrestling angle on the scale of some sort of invasion, it would lose virtually all credibility in the world of mixed martial arts. In the short term, as I mentioned earlier, I'm sure both UFC & WWE would garner tons of buzz but there probably wouldn't be any sort of long term pay off and far more damage will have been done than good.

I would have loved to have seen it. Ken Shamrock as manager. Brock Lesnar, Tito Ortiz, King Mo, Nick Diaz, Roy Nelson (Frank Shamrock and Tank Abbott as associates of the group) Unfortunately any hope was killed at Extreme Rules. Maybe it could happen but pretty sure Vince squashed Brock at ER just for the reason to prove to Dana that he has control over his talent

I could just imagine all the MMA guys with a chip on their shoulder out to prove how tough they are by taking cheap shots during a wrestling match. This has bad idea all over it for that reason aswell as all the reasons listed above. And to be honest I don't think fans of either medium would fully appreciate it.

I'm not too sure about a ufc invasion for the reasons noted bove, there would be no realistic way to train a constant or large stream of MMA fighters crossing over. But an MMA stable headed by Lesnar with maybe two or three other guys either form or ex-UFC looking for a steady pay-check might work.

They would have to recieve the proper training enabling them to put on a decent match and they could basically mirror Lesnar in being all about the money and talking about 'legitmising the WWE'. They could terrorise the roster until being brought down by a group standing up for the boys in the back headed by Cena. A limited angle like this could accomplish the same thing as a full-scale invasion and perhaps prove more practical.

It couldn't work. Ken Shamrock had a decent career in WWF-E. But look at Tank Abbot in WCW. A manager for 3 Count. And beside it would de-value the WWE talent by having to carry the UFC fighters during matches.Then depending on how its booked it will make wrestling really look like a side show or it would have the REAL fighters look so weak losing.

I've been informed that this is plagiarized, so it's closed. If you're going to copy and paste something like this, at least give a source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back