• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Conference USA and Mountain West Merge

ITurnGirlsGay

Twitter -- @FightOnTwist
I'm not joking. They have agreed to a football only merger and have formed a 22 team super conference.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7102822/mountain-west-conference-usa-announce-football-only-alliance

This is getting a bit absurd. It seriously needs to come to an end. Either form these ******edly huge conferences or let's stop talking about it period. I mean, who the hell does this benefit? How do you even keep track of this? I don't even understand how you form the pods for a conference like this. I'm not even sure how this makes either conference that much "better." Especially since the Big East is considering "football only" offers to Air Force and Boise State.

neither conference was a BCS automatic qualifier, so really, this changes very little. I agree it's pretty ridiculous, but 1 mid major + 1 mid major = 1 huge mid major, not 1 BCS conference. It will just be one huge non-AQ conference on the outside looking in instead of two. I get that they want to prevent poaching by more powerful conferences from destroying them by attrition, in the long run, this doesn't really do much. Wake me when the Big XII merges with the Big East or something else happens that will actually affect the BCS in a significant manner.

I think that this is just stupid as hell.I guess with the sec and the acc taking teams for the other conference that they were scared to be left behind.So these two mid major decided hey lets gets together an make a super mid major.Once i heard about this i went to espn and heard they were gonna make it into two divisions and they were gonna try and get the bcs to allow them to have two bcs bids because of this super mid major.You know i really do wish that all the teams would just stay where they are at because im not sure whats gonna happen here.Since it looks like they all want to be super conference ive got a great idea.Lets just get rid of every conference and just throw every team into 1.Hell the way they are going thats whats gonna happen so lets just go ahead an do it and save time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back