• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Computer Help?

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop. It recently shut off on me while unplugged, even though it said there was still 90% battery left. When I turned it back on, it didn't reboot the way it normally would if the battery died. It rebooted as though I just hit the power button and didn't shut down. Now, the battery icon on the front of the laptop flashes orange four times, and then blue once. The battery icon on the desktop says that it's charging at 90% battery, but that hasn't changed. Is it a virus or something?

Viruses only affect the software of your PC. I would say you have a bad laptop battery.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

have you switched it off took the battery out put the battery back in after a few minutes and switched it back on?

I've dealt with a similar problem on a Dell. First thing I'd check out is your AC Adapter. It might be bad. The other problem (which I'm leaning towards) is the jack on your laptop. Dell makes pretty shitty jacks for the AC adapter to go into and they often wind up failing to properly interact with any AC adapter. I just trashed mine when this occurred to me, but you can fix it. See if there's any good, local computer repair shops in your area and have them take a look at it if it's not the AC adapter or if the problem doesn't go away in a little time.

I don't like Adele either, she's only popular because she's fat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back