• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
This is a great game, Ive been playing it over the last week or so, it is a very good game and the strategy elements are still there and it isn't as easy as Generals:Zero Hour to manipulate into a dominating force, though you can do that with a quick enough uptake when you play as the Empire of the Rising Sun as I have worked out playing the computer. I haven't thought about going online with the game yet. So I can't comment on the ability of Co-op for the missions or for the general skirmish online.

but Post your thoughts on the latest game to come in this classic gaming franchise.

I got this game the day it came out and I am entirely hooked on it. This game keeps the semi fiction look that the Red Alert franchise has always had, builds on it some more, while adding in things that nowadays would be very possible. I play just about 75% of the time as the Soviets and I love a lot of their new weapons and abilities. Many units returned from Red Alert 2, yet have all undergone some sort of an upgrade. Terror Drones and the Kirov Airships are just a pair of the returning units.

I have not really got too far into the campaign as I've been playing a lot of skirmishes (almost 20 hours), but I did start the Soviet one the other day and I have to say that the HD cutscenes are genious and the co commander idea is sick. I haven't gotten a chance to try out the Co-op campaign, but if it runs like having a co commander, I can easily picture massivly insane forces.

My biggest upside of this game though has to be it's Navy. My favorite thing in Red Alert games was always the Navy, and now it seems to be near the center of focus. You can build just about anything in the water, certain tanks can go in the water, a few of the infantry can swim, you can mine resources in the water, and build the Tesla Towers on the water for some electric and water combo. The new ships and the returning ships are all great as well. The Akula Sub's torpedo ability is just devestating if it hits, the Dreadnought's rapid fire is insane, the Empire's ramming ability as well as Shogun Battleships are amazing and the Allies shields are a great defense. One of the coolest features of the Navy though is the Scorpion, Destroyer, and whichever Japenese boat that can get on land. Yes some of the boats can transform into some sort of tank or walker.

Overall I feel that EA really outdid themselves with this game and am amped for the Expansion Pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back