Coming Across the Pond...

joejoe

Lazy
So I've decided I'm going to visit England for the first time this December, I'll probably start out in London and explore from there.

Since I know we have a lot of U.K. people on this board I watned to know if anyone had any suggestions of places for me to check out. Any cool bars or anything else out there that I probably wouldn't normally find?

Also any overall suggestions or tips for someone from the states making a visit?

Thanks!

I know London quite well. What kind of things are you into? Art and Theatre? Music (and what kind) Arcitecture? Sports? How long are you staying for also? Hopefully I will be able to suggest some things... oh also will you be on a budget?

I'd like to check out some cool pubs and possibly some live sporting events.

I'm into rock punk and indie rock music. I'll be there for seven days and would like to check out the traditional touristy things along with some places I probably wouldn't know about with out some "insider tips"

As far as a budget I'm pretty open. I don't want to break the bank but at the same time I'm not cheap. Hell I don't travel to Europe every day. I'll probably be staying in a Hostel for most of my stay so I'll be able to save some money that way.

Pretty much the home of Rock and Indie and all things abit bizzare yet wonderful is Camden Town. There is a huge market there which sells all kind of things you might like. There is a massive music scene, Amy Winehouse is reguarly seen there (she lives nearby) But be warned some of the pubs are quite rough.

There is a place in Camden slightly away from that called Koko, (formerly Camden Palace) If you look ahead you might be able to get tickets for an awesome band... everyone from Oasis to Madonna have played there. The venue itself is 3 stories and breath-taking. It is also a club when there are no bands.

The most popular clubs for Dance etc are Ministry of Sound and Fabric. Again you might need tickets in advance and it's worth checking the dress code.

There is a place in Camden slightly away from that called Koko, (formerly Camden Palace) If you look ahead you might be able to get tickets for an awesome band... everyone from Oasis to Madonna have played there. The venue itself is 3 stories and breath-taking. It is also a club when there are no bands.

Ive been to Koko twice And its an awesome venue i had memerobile nights both times i went. London's alright but when you've seen the sights theres really nothing else to do.

it all depends on your budget to what you can or carnt do though. bear in mind its quite expensive.

I'd like to check out some cool pubs and possibly some live sporting events.

if you wanna check out sporting events i recommend going to watch a football(Soccer For You) game. Try and get yourself to the emirates Stadium to watch arsenal play. they play the best football in england. failling that watch chelsea.

theres nothing else really on in england in december. rugby league is in the off season as is cricket. hope ive helped

IMO you don't really stand a chance of getting into the Emirates (if it's like most clubs you need to be a season ticket holder or club member) but I would recommend a footy match. While Arsenal would be decent entertainment, you would have more chance getting in at Fulham or somwhere like that.

Apparently the O2 is a great venue, and there may be something cool on the week that you're here. Gotta be worth checking out.

Belfast has nice buildings. I suggest looking at pictures online...that should cover it pretty well. We get enough Japanese tourists taking photos of schools and it just looks silly

Thanks for all the suggestions. Camden sounds like a pretty cool place to check out.
Hopefully I'm able to pull this trip off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back