Comic Bullshit

Murfish

is losing his edge
Now I don't expect this to take off like the movie thread, but I feel that we have plenty of members who read comics and would like to discuss them.

I know we have a strong group of Deadpool lovers from past threads. I buy a few here and there. After reading Preacher, Rising Stars, and Preacher, I have moved on to Y: The Last Man. It's been very good so far, and I intend to buy the 4th volume over the weekend.

Anyone else want to bullshit here? I'm also following the Blackest Night arc, which, with the arrival of the Black Lantern Corps.(something that I've wanted to see for a few years now), is really heating up.

Will there be a White Lantern? If so, the who will it be? I'm guessing it will be Hal Jordan, as he has used several ring colors(Green, Yellow, Blue, and Red) during recent issues. I would rather they use Kyle Rayner(my favorite of the Green Lanterns).

I remember we had one of these, once.

Who has read Marvel vs. DC Universe? Great little graphic novel.

I prefer Ultimate Marvel to Regular Marvelverse. The Ultimates was great.

Dear Murf!sh,

Word.

I was just thinking about this a couple of hours ago.
I just turned 23 and NOW just started getting into comics 4 months ago. I never had any interest when I was younger dispite having friends who were reading them.

4 months ago, in honour of the Batman: Arkham Asylum game coming out, I did alot of Batman research to become more aware of the Batman/DC Universe. Then I started checking out my local comic store, and now I'm a weekly shopper picking up a number of comics. Mostly Batman.

I'm reading Batman, Batman and Robin, Streets of Gotham, Red Robin, & Blackest Night Batman

As for non-Batman related material I have started reading the Black Night series as well, which I enjoy but am so far behind on everything as I've never read comics nonetheless Green Latern ones.

And I have also started reading Chew which would have to be one of the best of my reads. Very enjoyable from the drawings, ink work, characters, story etc. Highly recommended.

The moral of this story: I believe in Harvy Dent...I mean a Comic thread!

-4FoF

That's great that you're getting into comics. Some may put it down as an inferior form of fiction; but if you get to the good stuff, it's a great genre. Black night is really intriguing me because I've always loved green lantern and wanted DC to add the other colors to the mix. If I get some cash from work, I may end up buy Arkham Asylum which I've heard is a great game.

I haven't been able to follow recent stuff :(

Can we discuss manga in here? Jing: King of Bandits is one of my favorite series'. Ever. The spinoff series (Twilight Tales) fucking sucked, though.

Discussing manga is more than acceptable. Up until a month or two ago I was reading Naruto freshly translated every week about a day after it hit stores in Japan. I also used to watch(not read:() Prince of Tennis and Bleach. I loved both, but the filler arc for Bleach turned off my interest and Prince of Tennis ended way too early.

I used to quite like Naruto. Then, it got dubbed and Shonen Jump fell WAAAAYYY downhill. That's why I gave away my collection of back issues.
I know it's shallow for this to happen, but the fans ruined it for me.

Who here has read or watched Trigun? Fantastic series.

I'm currently following the War of Kings, a marvel series which is basically about Vulcan Vs. Blackbolt for control. That's the only real ongoing series I'm following, which actually ended this month, but has another comic called realm of kings coming out next month that he has something to do with it.

When I get a job, I'll start to follow recent comics. Right now, I just do't have the money. And that SUCKS. It's times like these that I really mis my brother.

So, who's your favorite comic book artist? Mine is Gabriele Dell'Otto, hands down. His work in Secret War is just...incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back