• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

COMEDY GOLD in the WWE!

WimpyKid4Life

Occasional Pre-Show
There are a lot of funny people in the WWE right now that are great for some comic relief spot and they say/do some of the most hilarious things on tv today. I like those Triple H promos where he completely disses the Bruce Blitz of the world! I laugh non stop when he says things like " tweet my fustrations" "me and my friend Mark are going to stop watching "Its a glass ceiling Dolph" and things like that. Who could forget when he said he was going to bury Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania! I also find Miz and Mizdow hilarious. Damien Mizdow copying everything Miz does an Miz acting like a Hollywood A-list poopy is classic and makes their matches stand out ( both are entreating and great wrestlers in their own right). When Jey Uso copied his brother it got no reaction and Miz's commitment to being a Hollywood A-Hole is right up there with the Rock's . Stardust is also funny (Kheee, the falling star move, his crowd finger thing, facial expressions, etc.) especially during his interviews (Lets' get naked, fingers touch .. runs off, talks about Cody spotted fishing with a beards, etc) There's a whole lot of more funny WWE Superstars I find entertaining like Bo Dallas and Heath Slater, but I want to hear what the WWE Universe has to say. Let me know who you think are the funniest WWE Superstars, some funny promos stuck in your minds, etc. etc. Thanks- WimpyKid4Life ( aka Brown Flash from Cageside Seats #FreeBrownFlash)

For the most part I don't think the WWE is very funny at all, at least not on purpose. The only scripted moment I can actually think of where I was kind of laughing was Austin beating up Booker T in the Supermarket & even that sort of turned into more of an actual beatdown rather than just a goofy segment. Even guys like Sandow or Santino that can make me smile with general amusement or enjoyment very rarely make me acutally laugh or even chuckle at anything, especially stuff that's planned or written by WWE. All of WWE's comedy seems very inorganic. It's all very one note & usually feels like it's from a bad sitcom.

For me it's usually all the unplanned coincidences, weird mishaps, bad writing, etc. that make me laugh. & not so much the Botchmania stuff where people are screwing up & almost getting hurt but more of the quirky & goofy stuff that is unexpected. For example, The Shockmaster falling through the wall or that really cheesy promo with The Bella Twins a month or so ago where Nikki was talking about how she wish Brie had been aborted lol Stuff like that where it's just so bad and/or unexpected that it's funny.

I thought the "anger management" sessions with Daniel Bryan, Kane & Dr. Shelby were hilarious. I wasn't expecting much from them, which I think was the initial feeling held by a majority of fans regarding Bryan & Kane teaming up, but I really enjoyed the segments and I thought Bryan & Kane were an entertaining team who surprised a lot of people with their chemistry.

Back during the Attitude Era, the segments where Vince was hospitalized and Mankind would come to cheer him up, introducing Mr. Socko, always struck me as funny just because of their nonsense. Foley & Vince just improvised and played off each other, such as Socko intending to kiss Vince's "boo boos" and Vince screaming & pleading to please not kiss the "boo boos". Foley talked about that in his second book and how he & Vince had to struggle to keep from rolling over laughing at each other.

The segments D-X were impersonating the Nation of Domination and years later with Triple H & HBK impersonating Vince & Shane were always enjoyable to me. I think one reason why they were so funny is because they felt organic, they weren't so hung up on trying to stick to a script.

The WWe is not funny at all. I think people WANT it to be funny but it just isn't.

Wow, some of you people on this site are real joyful huh? Anywho, I think Bo Dallas is hilarious. His voice and the way he enunciates things crack me up, plus he can be witty on the spot and seeing guys like Sheamus and Mark Henry get so rattled at his "motivation" is just hilarious.

Another guy I found particularly funny was Derrick Bateman (EC3) and was disappointed when WWE decided to let him go. The segment with Daniel Bryan and Bateman taking the Bella's on a date a few years back was some really funny shit. Too bad the majority of people didn't see it because it only aired on NXT.

Off the top of my head and probably forgetting a few but the Booker T Goldust segments wins it for me as the funniest and also the Sid Vicious I have half the brain that you do to Kevin Nash but don't think that was meant to be funny.

Nowadays most comedy within wrestling falls flat mainly cause its targeted towards kids. But I really dug Santino during his Heel run when he was doing the Honky Meter and was with Maria as Intercontinental Champion, or when his twin sister Santina won the Diva's Battle Royal at Wrestlemania I thought that was pretty good in terms of wrestling comedy, but it kind of started to get stale and suck toward the end in the last couple of years of his career to be honest after Santina ran it's course.

I don't really find WWE to be that funny most of the time these days, but there were periods in the past when it made me a laugh on a regular basis. Guys like Austin, Rock, Angle, Jericho and DX were so charismatic and were excellent at the comedy aspect of their characters as well as the serious side of things.

I thought the Austin character when he was "overly-friendly" with Vince in 2001 was brilliant and the time he and Kurt Angle were playing guitar for McMahon makes me laugh even to this day. It's a shame that there isn't anything like that these days.

The one moment I laughed my ass of (if I dont count The Rock whose segments I am completely in love with) and that I can remember very well is when Austin acted as doctor when Vince was in the hospital, and he hit him with the plate to his head. The sound it made and how they made it look like,I was dying from laugh :D Golden.

I remember years ago when Austin got all the members of the alliance in the ring then spent the next twenty minutes or so taking the piss out of all of them it really cracked me up Austin was on top form that night.also a pretty much forgotten one was where y2j took a wee in William regals teapot lol.wwe has loads of seriously funny segments over the years but it also has a lot of really tacky cringeworthy ones that make you wonder how they thought it would be even slightly funny to anyone.

Off the top of my head and probably forgetting a few but the Booker T Goldust segments wins it for me as the funniest and also the Sid Vicious I have half the brain that you do to Kevin Nash but don't think that was meant to be funny.

If I remember correctly Sid maintains he didn't botch "half the brain that you have" promo, that they were trying to him look bad... but given his history with crazy promo fuck ups, I am suspicious about that. They would never let a guy just go off on an unscripted promo nowadays like "Ruler of the World" used to in the WWF days.

There was also the time Goldberg smashed/compacted Sid's car and he found it in the parking lot... "GOLDBERG!!! WHY MEE???? WHY MEE??? WHYYYY MEEEE!?".

I like ambrose's sense of humor. Suggesting the security team were rose buds the week before was clever.

I doubt there will ever be another like the rock who just took everything to a different level.

Someone has already mentioned the Booker T and Goldust segments, and there are two bits which made me piss myself laughing.

1) When Goldust dressed up as Darth Vader, then Booker ended up taking the lightsabre from him and called himself "Obi Bookenobi" lol

2) After Booker joined the nWo he was doing an interview backstage (Judgement Day 2002 I believe) and a lady gives him the key to her hotel room. Later we see him attempting to get down and dirty when the girl asks him to turn the lights off. She starts to talk dirty, Booker asks her to say something else, and we hear Goldust saying "I want you to leave the nWo and come back to.........Goldust"

Lights come on and Goldie is in bed with Booker wearing women's underwear lol! Booker loses his shit and storms out the room almost bare assed!

It's rather sad when an act is unintentionally funny, but it's downright pathetic if the company doesn't realize that..... and lets it continue.

That said, I suppose there's a place for intentionally humorous people like Santino, who made his living as a comedy act, although I don't think that was the original intention for his character.

I prefer sophisticated humor (if such a word can be applied to a spectacle such as pro wrestling) of someone like Damien Sandow in his first gimmick. As the "Intellectual Savior," he was funny as hell because he played the part straight, not stooping to slapstick comedy as Santino did.

I suppose WWE felt Sandow had done that schtick for a long enough time, since they took him away from it. Still, I wish they could have kept the intellectual stuff, but modified it enough that it could be an extension of his original gimmick, rather than ending it. I figured this character should have had a much longer run.

Another guy I found particularly funny was Derrick Bateman (EC3) and was disappointed when WWE decided to let him go. The segment with Daniel Bryan and Bateman taking the Bella's on a date a few years back was some really funny shit. Too bad the majority of people didn't see it because it only aired on NXT.

I really enjoyed when they had the Do You Know Your Pro challenge on NXT. It was great and honestly, just seeing that I had to wikipedia him to find out he's on TNA *sighs* thanks WWE -.-

I really enjoy Enzo Amore and Big Cass from the NXT. They have great characters, and they have great chemistry between them. I would love for those two to big called up to the main roster. They have so many one-liners that just kills me every time.

The one moment I laughed my ass of (if I dont count The Rock whose segments I am completely in love with) and that I can remember very well is when Austin acted as doctor when Vince was in the hospital, and he hit him with the plate to his head. The sound it made and how they made it look like,I was dying from laugh :D Golden.

It wasn't a plate, it was a bedpan. And you're right that was hilarious. Just the look on Vince's face when he realized Austin was the doctor and then the "clunk" when the bedpan hit him. Then he and Austin rolled off the hospital bed, I was in stitches the whole time.

Some of Dean Ambrose's off the cuff remarks make me laugh. His Cruiserweight Division comment towards Noble and Mercury was funny, and in one interview with Renee Young, he asked her if he looked like he had worked hard. She said yes cause he was sweating, and he came right back with, well it's humid in here. And the look on Jamie Noble's face and the fact that he was laughing into his arm when Rollins was hit with the green slime was a hoot.

I have a very dry sense of humour and the most obvious thing won't make me laugh, it's the one liners and surprise reactions that make me howl. Unfortunately it doesn't happen a lot, the creative team aren't comedy writers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back