• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Colts fan sent home at Louisiana H.S for wearing wrong jersey??

• Thread starter Rated_R_4_Royal_Rumble
  • Start date
R

Rated_R_4_Royal_Rumble

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ome-over-indianapolis-colts-jersey/?gt1=39002

I for one am offended. Who gives a shit if he is a Colts fan or a Saints fan. He has every right to wear his teams colors if the other kids can wear his. Plus in a way he was still representing Louisiana as the jersey was starting Colts runningback and LSU graduate Joseph Addai. The principal even said to the kid and I quote "If you like Indiana so much why don't you just move back". I grew up in Indiana and I'm a Colts fan and a Vikings fan. I may not have liked the Saints much already but this is absurd. I'm getting really sick of the majority of these Saints fans negative attitudes and I hope they get shut up come Sunday. What do you guys think? Was the school wrong in saying something? Should the kid have worn his jersey or just his regular clothes? Do the Saints seem a bit to cocky to you too? Are you a Saints fan? If you are how do you feel about the situation?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ome-over-indianapolis-colts-jersey/?gt1=39002

I for one am offended. Who gives a shit if he is a Colts fan or a Saints fan. He has every right to wear his teams colors if the other kids can wear his. Plus in a way he was still representing Louisiana as the jersey was starting Colts runningback and LSU graduate Joseph Addai. The principal even said to the kid and I quote "If you like Indiana so much why don't you just move back". I grew up in Indiana and I'm a Colts fan and a Vikings fan. I may not have liked the Saints much already but this is absurd. I'm getting really sick of the majority of these Saints fans negative attitudes and I hope they get shut up come Sunday. What do you guys think? Was the school wrong in saying something? Should the kid have worn his jersey or just his regular clothes? Do the Saints seem a bit to cocky to you too? Are you a Saints fan? If you are how do you feel about the situation?

Ahh boo fucking hoo. I live in Chicago, home of the Cubs and White Sox. Where I live, the majority are Cubs fans, and even when I wouldn't wear Sox stuff, I would get shit, just because they wanted to. Let him give it back on Monday if the Colts win. Nut up son!!

But did you read the whole article? The school said black and gold only outside of the school uniform. He had a friend ask the principal if he could wear the jersey. He was told no. He was talking about it in class, the teacher said he may get in trouble, and he still went through with it anyway. Oh and your title for this is funny, seeing as how he didn't get sent home. His father said he could go home if he couldn't handle getting shit all day. Lo and behold, it fucking happened. Like I said above, Nut up son!!!! If you can't stand the heat, get out of the fucking kitchen. He knew, fucking KNEW, he was going to get crap all day, yet he still went through with it. I have no sympathy for that. He left school on his own accord, he wasn't sent home. The only thing the school told him was to take the Colts jersey off. Read your own article next time.

I suppose I should also address the principal, because you feel it is just so goddamn offensive.
Kid said:
I thought I remember him saying, 'If you like Indiana so much, why don't you go back?'''
He thinks the principal said it...and even if he did say it, he acknowledges he shouldn't have said it. The principal got upset unnecessarily, but wah it happens. That is the worst thing that happened in this whole thing.

The kid is full of shit, end of story.

I GUARANTEE he wore that jersey to school just to start shit with other classmates. My good friend, who is NOT Saints fan, teased all week he was going to wear a Peyton jersey to work, and then to a bar, and continuously say, "Fuck the Saints!" all around town. He didn't do it, but I'm sure this kid has the same jackass idea, and the principal probably sensed it, and he did the right thing by sending the kid home, so nothing between the kid and other students escalated into violence, which is probably what would have happened.

I sincerely doubt the principal is so stupid and immature to actually have a grudge against a kid for being a Colts fan.

Who fucking cares if he wore that shit to get attention? He has the right to wear a jersey if he wants to. When I was back in my hometown, lots of people cheered the Hurricanes, especially the hometown players, such as Cam Ward, even though he was on the rival team of the Edmonton Oilers. He can cheer for whichever team he wants, and the school principal needs to grow a stiff upper lip and deal with it.

Who fucking cares if he wore that shit to get attention? He has the right to wear a jersey if he wants to. When I was back in my hometown, lots of people cheered the Hurricanes, especially the hometown players, such as Cam Ward, even though he was on the rival team of the Edmonton Oilers. He can cheer for whichever team he wants, and the school principal needs to grow a stiff upper lip and deal with it.

LOL

So, to use an analogy that deals with the forums here, if someone continuously trolled you saying the Canucks sucked and the Chicago Blackhawks were better, what would you do? Most likely report it to the admins. And the Admins would then take action.

That's the same thing, here. Just basically look at this kid as a real life troll, purposely pissing students off. The principal did the right thing by sending him home, so nothing escalated where the kid would have gotten seriously hurt, or seriously hurt someone else.

Now, if this isn't the case, and the principal just sent him home just because he's a Saints fan, then yes... he should be fired. However, I highly doubt that's true, and if my above scenario is indeed fact, then the principal did the right thing in sending him home; there's no two ways about it.

LOL

So, to use an analogy that deals with the forums here, if someone continuously trolled you saying the Canucks sucked and the Chicago Blackhawks were better, what would you do? Most likely report it to the admins. And the Admins would then take action.

A.) The Blackhawks are better.
B.) I'd insult your knowledge of hockey, and beat you in a debate on it;)
C.) The forum has rules against trolling, albeit lax.

That's the same thing, here. Just basically look at this kid as a real life troll, purposely pissing students off. The principal did the right thing by sending him home, so nothing escalated where the kid would have gotten seriously hurt, or seriously hurt someone else.

Well, maybe down in Lousiana, sports games mean more than education. The Principal has NO right to decide what a kid show wear in general, but yes, there are dress codes. But I am sure I could look through that dress code, and I bet I could not find a single point against not wearing "Colts logos, no matter the chance that the Saints make the SuperBowl."

Now, if this isn't the case, and the principal just sent him home just because he's a Saints fan, then yes... he should be fired. However, I highly doubt that's true, and if my above scenario is indeed fact, then the principal did the right thing in sending him home; there's no two ways about it.

Fired? Whoa. I say an apology is in place, not a firing. How does sending a kid home result in the blackballing of a man who went to school and worked up to be an educator should get fired for that?

I see the day as gonig something like this. Boy gets to the school before the first class of the day. He is wearing the big ol' horseshoe on his chest, and a bigger grin on his face. His friends laugh at this, and wave it off. The diehard Saints fan in the corner flips out, and starts yelling. The Principal, also a saints fan, sees whats going on, and yells at this kid to go home. I also wager $5 that this kid isn't the principal's favourite kid. So instead of being the bigger person, the principal feeds the kids ego by kicking him out of school.

Who wins here? The Principal was bested by the kid, the kid got the reaction he wanted, and the school gets laughed at for being marks for their states team.

This is just absurd.

1) We're only getting one side of the story here, the kid and his parent's side.

2) The school and the principal cannot comment on the situation, as it would violate FERPA laws, which guarantee the privacy of a student's records.

3) The kid broke the rules.

4) The kid was forbidden to wear the jersey, and did so anyways, so he KNEW he was breaking the rules.

5) The kid was given the chance to change his attire and seemingly refused. Fuck off then.

The Principal has NO right to decide what a kid show wear in general
No, but the Board of Education does. And it is mentioned in the article that his attire violated the school dress code.

but yes, there are dress codes. But I am sure I could look through that dress code, and I bet I could not find a single point against not wearing "Colts logos, no matter the chance that the Saints make the SuperBowl."
No, what you would probably find is what students are expected to wear, for which this sports uniform obviously violated. I'm sure the Saints jersey violated the dress code as well, but given the situation, the principal was being kind and allowed one day where the kids could support the black and gold.

This kid was in the wrong, and there's no way around it.

Fired? Whoa. I say an apology is in place, not a firing. How does sending a kid home result in the blackballing of a man who went to school and worked up to be an educator should get fired for that?
Why would he even have to apologize? He did nothing wrong.

Who wins here? The Principal was bested by the kid, the kid got the reaction he wanted, and the school gets laughed at for being marks for their states team.
Only to the morons who don't take the 30 seconds to read this article with a critical eye and see how stupid this kid must have been, and how one sided the article was.

Or those who didn't care enough to read the article. I was relating back tithe subject brought up against the original post.

What should have been done is for the staff of the school to get a clue and not only allow one point of view in the forum of jerseys. The principal should have allowed a jersey day if the school doesn't allow jerseys for whatever reason.

The student participated in a non violent protest, if he knew it or not. He stood up for something that is right. The principal should have manned up and admitted the original rule was bias, admitted he was wrong, and moved on, instead of let it get out of hand like it has.

What should have been done is for the staff of the school to get a clue and not only allow one point of view in the forum of jerseys. The principal should have allowed a jersey day if the school doesn't allow jerseys for whatever reason.
Why? The principal was doing something he thought was kind for his students, by allowing them to express their excitement for their team, who had finally made it to the Super Bowl.

This isn't an "equal rights" situation...we're talking about football teams. The fact of the matter is that the school relaxed the school dress code on ONLY Saints jerseys...that's it. The kid was in the wrong.

The student participated in a non violent protest, if he knew it or not.
And he was punished appropriately. He wasn't sent home, he was just told he needed to change, in order to conform to the school dress code.

He stood up for something that is right.
Wearing a Colts jersey now makes you "right"? That doesn't make sense. The kid broke the rule. He was wrong.

The principal should have manned up and admitted the original rule was bias, admitted he was wrong, and moved on, instead of let it get out of hand like it has.
Clearly you need to read the article. He didn't create a rule, he actually RELAXED a rule. In this school, children do not have the freedom of expression in their dress attire. Just because the school relaxed it for Saints jerseys, doesn't mean they have to relax it for all sports jerseys.

For example, if the kid had come to school that day wearing a New Orleans Hornets (NBA basketball team) jersey, I'm sure the same punishment would have applied.

There was no bias here, just a principal TRYING to do a good thing, and a kid who acted like an ass. And I'm sure he gets that honestly, judging by the words of his father.

the article said:
A Livingston Parish School Board member said Frost [the kid] wasn't sent home, but was told he couldn't wear the blue jersey at school. Keith Martin, whose district includes Maurepas, said the school uniform had been relaxed only for black and gold.

1. Not once was "Dress Code" mentioned in the article. The article mentions "UNIFORM." If the school has UNIFORMS, then the kid was definitely in violation of the uniform regulations, because the rules were relaxed for Black and Gold ONLY. The principal enforced the rule, and told the kid to change. This leads to quote 2...

The Article said:
Vampran [the Principal] said no one sent Frost home - but no one kept him from leaving rather than changing shirts.
2. The article never once said he was sent home from school. It states that he kid said his father said he could leave if he got "hassled" for wearing his colors. That father is an asshole for allowing his kid to cut classes because he is being ridiculed. It's friggin high school, that's gonna happen. tell the high school kid to grow the hell up.

3. The principal made a mistake saying "If you like Indiana so much who don't you move back there?" So what, he made a mistake. Apologize, and that's the end of that.

This kid shouldn't get in any trouble for this. There's probably other people in that school that don't like the Saints. He didn't do anything that breaks the dress code, like come to school with his pants on the ground or something. They had a day where you wear a football jersey, and he wore one of the team he was a fan of. The principal should have just talked to him for a minute or two about it, been a man, and let it go. There is no reason that a kid wearing a Saints jersey to school should be such big news

But the principal should have thought far enough ahead to allow equal rights to his students. How can he justify allowing one side of the rivalry be promoted, and not the other? Because he didn't he is in the wrong.

This kid shouldn't get in any trouble for this. There's probably other people in that school that don't like the Saints. He didn't do anything that breaks the dress code, like come to school with his pants on the ground or something. They had a day where you wear a football jersey, and he wore one of the team he was a fan of. The principal should have just talked to him for a minute or two about it, been a man, and let it go. There is no reason that a kid wearing a Saints jersey to school should be such big news
The kid didn't get in trouble for this, the kid is CAUSING the trouble. Please read the article. It clearly says the kid was not sent home, he was just told he had to change clothes.

But the principal should have thought far enough ahead to allow equal rights to his students. How can he justify allowing one side of the rivalry be promoted, and not the other? Because he didn't he is in the wrong.
Bullshit. There's no law guaranteeing equality based upon gender, race, and favorite football team. This kid HAD the equal right to wear a Saints jersey, or wear his regular school uniform. The kid had his equal right, but he wanted to break a rule he already knew would get him in trouble.

So be it then, it still isn't right of the principal to only allow one side of the fandom to be represented. Same would be said if the school allowed the students to wear Team USA jerseys and the poor little Canadian wanted to wear his red maple leaf on his jersey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back