Coed Dorm Rooms In Reaction To Gay Suicide?

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
ABC News' Emily Friedman reports:

In reaction to the suicide of a gay student earlier this year, Rutgers University has decided to let students choose the gender of their dorm mates, giving male and female students the option of living together.

The policy is believed to have been born out of the suicide of Tyler Clementi, a freshman who jumped off the George Washington Bridge during the first weeks of school after he was allegedly filmed during a "sexual encounter" with another man by his roommate who later posted the footage online.

Do you think colleges should allow coed dorm rooms? Did Rutgers find the right solution in this case?- ABC News[/QUOTE

Rutger's is not some bullshit college, though it is located in New Jersey.

Anyway, I could see a lot of people heading back to college now, especially older men.

What are your thoughts?

ABC News' Emily Friedman reports:

In reaction to the suicide of a gay student earlier this year, Rutgers University has decided to let students choose the gender of their dorm mates, giving male and female students the option of living together.

The policy is believed to have been born out of the suicide of Tyler Clementi, a freshman who jumped off the George Washington Bridge during the first weeks of school after he was allegedly filmed during a "sexual encounter" with another man by his roommate who later posted the footage online.

Do you think colleges should allow coed dorm rooms? Did Rutgers find the right solution in this case?

I hate that shit, I didn't not delete ] off the end of quote.

I'm fine with co-ed dorm rooms, could be good for transgendered individuals as well.

I thought this might have been a bigger topic.

A young man at Rutger's University was video taped having sex with another young man by his male roomate who then posted it online. The young gay man was so devastated for being exploited that way and exposed, that he took his own life.

In reaction to this, Rutger's is allowing boys and girls to bunk up together. I don't even see how the two go hand in hand.

A lot of the girls who go to Rutger's are hot, there are going to be a lot of lucky fuckers who get bunked up with some hot chick. Though I'd think most girls would choose to live another girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back