CM Punk vs ....Al Bundy?

Here's an ironic tidbit that really hit me yesterday. Any time I would go to BJJ class, I would end up practically crawling my way back to the car, but then I'd be fine the next day. Then I started training at a fake wrestling school and could barely walk the rest of the day and have been limping around for the past 2. Also got a bunch of bruises. My coworkers on the military side always make fun of me for liking wrestling because it's fake and tell me it's so easy to do. I sent a pic to one of them showing all the welts and bruises. They asked what happened and I said, "fake ass wrestling".

I still don't know though. You might be a purple belt and a veteran, but I bet your mic skills could use some polishing. Maybe freshen up your gimmicks. Work a little bit on your selling. When you tap, make the crowd believe you are hurt. When you make someone tap, make it look like you are hurting them. Maybe then you can get up to brown belt and get a run at the WHC. Still can't ever be the best in the world like Punk lol.

I really think that he buys into all of his hype,

Here's an ironic tidbit that really hit me yesterday. Any time I would go to BJJ class, I would end up practically crawling my way back to the car, but then I'd be fine the next day. Then I started training at a fake wrestling school and could barely walk the rest of the day and have been limping around for the past 2. Also got a bunch of bruises. My coworkers on the military side always make fun of me for liking wrestling because it's fake and tell me it's so easy to do. I sent a pic to one of them showing all the welts and bruises. They asked what happened and I said, "fake ass wrestling".

I still don't know though. You might be a purple belt and a veteran, but I bet your mic skills could use some polishing. Maybe freshen up your gimmicks. Work a little bit on your selling. When you tap, make the crowd believe you are hurt. When you make someone tap, make it look like you are hurting them. Maybe then you can get up to brown belt and get a run at the WHC. Still can't ever be the best in the world like Punk lol.

I really think that he buys into all of his hype,

Oh, I know "fake wrasslin" deals in real pain. There's no way that a lot of that doesn't hurt. Jitz only hurts bad if you're doing it wrong.

You don't need mic skills. You just need a good chant. See Daniel Bryan and the Usos. Gimmicks don't need freshening either. See the New Age Outlaws. You don't need to be able sell believably. See Shawn Michaels and The Rock.

But yeah, I do have a feeling that Punk huffs his own farts. It's kinda sad. I mean, I know, any wrestler worth a shit has to be a mark for themselve, but too much is a bad thing.

I wanted to get back into BJJ just because I think it would help my chain wrestling, which turns out to be on-the-fly improv.

I'd rather see Punk fall to the Mighty Power of Jason David Frank... then again, that guy breaks boards while free falling just cause he can and then he goes on and asks "So what's next?"

I wanted to get back into BJJ just because I think it would help my chain wrestling, which turns out to be on-the-fly improv.

I don't know that it would help your chain wrestling, but if you went with a submission finisher, you could make it more believable looking, because as you know submissions are all about the squeeze.

Could help your flexibility too.

Meh, Rener Gracie said punk is an absolute sponge when it came to BJJ, and that he has made great progress despite his inability to train full time. I'd trust a Gracie more than half us armchair warriors.

He's already got fitness, flexibility, time, money, drive and spatial awareness of his body. Things most beginners don't. Good for him for having a hobby and giving us something by which to shit on him.

BJJ is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Not as good as BJ.

It would help chaining as far as transitioning.

I will always shit on anything CM Punk does from now on.

Everybody I've ever encountered that "doesn't care about belts" was below white belt level. It's a cop out for people that don't want to put in the work to be any good.

Plus there's a sense of pride that goes with earning the belts and getting to wear them.

Meh, Rener Gracie said punk is an absolute sponge when it came to BJJ, and that he has made great progress despite his inability to train full time. I'd trust a Gracie more than half us armchair warriors.

He's already got fitness, flexibility, time, money, drive and spatial awareness of his body. Things most beginners don't. Good for him for having a hobby and giving us something by which to shit on him.

Here's the thing bout the Gracies...

They will say anything that makes them look good, especially as it relates to public figures. This isn't to say they don't know their bjj, because obviously they do, but most of what they say publically is only said so people will want to give them money. It's all PR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back