• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk Sig

TKO236

Dark Match Jobber
75450495.png

No resources used. Feel free to critique

75450495.png

No resources used. Feel free to critique

It looks nice, I sort of like the background. A signature always need a border, it is basic 1.01 in sig making.
The contrast could be higher, maybe adding an adjustment layer, like a gradient Black/White and blend it in soft light.

You could have added some text, and text is very important, for me it is a thing that distinguish a good from a bad signature.

Use resources like fonts, brushes, patterns and textures.
I can see potential in you, don't give up man.

Create a showcase, don't post random sigs and everything you need I'm here for you :)
Follow tutorials too, they are very important!!

It looks nice, I sort of like the background. A signature always need a border, it is basic 1.01 in sig making.
The contrast could be higher, maybe adding an adjustment layer, like a gradient Black/White and blend it in soft light.

You could have added some text, and text is very important, for me it is a thing that distinguish a good from a bad signature.

Use resources like fonts, brushes, patterns and textures.
I can see potential in you, don't give up man.

Create a showcase, don't post random sigs and everything you need I'm here for you :)
Follow tutorials too, they are very important!!

This sig includes a compendium of adjustment layers, ranging from gradient maps,curves,levels etc. maybe to your disbelief a black on white gradient map was used but on lighten to create darker mid-tones

I dont add text on my new sigs anymore because it takes away from the composition 80% of the time in some cases it works and I dont like weighing down pieces

I dont enjoy using resources because its a form of plagarism IMO u use someone elses C4D's/textures/stocks etc. and then get almost no form of recognition as the resource becomes a fragment of the whole piece. This is why I choose to create my own resources etc. and use them

And also dont mean to sound like Im being a un-appreciative asshole but I have been a GFX designer for well over 4 years I have 100's of sigs created some which I've won competitions through so I think Im well beyond the point of following tutorials though if I do like a technique enough I may look for a tut, Im open to learning new things and TBH Im kind of offended by the fact you deem me as a novice designer granted I dont think of myself a high ranking and or amazing designer by any means but I think you'd know better to differentiate novice work from atleast intermediate when someone turns this

MITB-2011-Winner-CM-Punk.jpg

into that

This sig includes a compendium of adjustment layers, ranging from gradient maps,curves,levels etc. maybe to your disbelief a black on white gradient map was used but on lighten to create darker mid-tones
Yes, I can see that but it would be better if you add more contrast, it is to bright, but well it is your taste, I don't have anything against it.

I dont add text on my new sigs anymore because it takes away from the composition 80% of the time in some cases it works and I dont like weighing down pieces

Well, but with no text, the render has a lot of dead space in my opinion.
Try add some text, and you will see the difference.

I dont enjoy using resources because its a form of plagarism IMO u use someone elses C4D's/textures/stocks etc. and then get almost no form of recognition as the resource becomes a fragment of the whole piece. This is why I choose to create my own resources etc. and use them

Well you are also using a WWE Picture, not yours. I never use a full C4D, I grab them and I edit at a way that I want it and I can tell you that I had nobody saying "Hey you are using my C4D".

And also dont mean to sound like Im being a un-appreciative asshole but I have been a GFX designer for well over 4 years I have 100's of sigs created some which I've won competitions through so I think Im well beyond the point of following tutorials though if I do like a technique enough I may look for a tut, Im open to learning new things.

You are never beyond the point of following tutorials, I don't care what you have won in your life with your sigs and designs, but you need to know that you are not the best in the world, I consider myself a average Photoshop user, I work with Photoshop for almost 2 years and my first year was following tutorials, now I also think I'm good by myself but I find a lot of better sigs/designs better than mine, you may think that you can't but for a "pro" GFX you totally forget to add the basic border, are you telling me that you can win anything with that sig?
I'm just trying to be nice and you have come here with your "I'm better than you" attitude, nobody said otherwise, I just gave a feedback of what I think.

I don't care you didn't used any resources, it is a solid 5/10 sig, nowhere near a passable sig.

But I really want to see your amazing graphic skills :)
I'm just trying to make you feel welcome here, don't try to be a fool.

Keep it up, and show us more!!

Awesome!

I tend to agree with you, to be honest. Text can be tricky and I have only seen a few sig0makers who can get it right. I have mixed luck with it myself.

This makes you sound like a buffoon. The picture you used has a WWE watermark in the corner, you realise? If that is not plagiarism, then I have no idea what it is.

And also dont mean to sound like Im being a un-appreciative asshole but I have been a GFX designer for well over 4 years I have 100's of sigs created some which I've won competitions through so I think Im well beyond the point of following tutorials though if I do like a technique enough I may look for a tut, Im open to learning new things and TBH Im kind of offended by the fact you deem me as a novice designer granted I dont think of myself a high ranking and or amazing designer by any means but I think you'd know better to differentiate novice work from atleast intermediate when someone turns this

MITB-2011-Winner-CM-Punk.jpg

into that

Too bad that you did come off as sounding like an unappreciative asshole then, isn't it?

Coming here to tell us how well-versed you are with GFX will get you nowhere around here. You need to show us what you are all about and then people will begin to give you some of the credit you think you deserve.

You shouldn't feel as though you should be offended that FSWWE thought you were a novice. Looking at your signature that you created, I would have thought the exact same thing.

The colour balance is ridiculous and completely detracts from what you are trying to achieve. The picture you have used makes no sense. It has no logical flow to it, you realise that right? What is he sitting on? Just looks ridiculous.

The fact that you take pride in this piece of work makes me think that you are not all you are cracked up to be with graphic design. Not to say that I am the end all and be all of the given subject but I do know that your signature is far from complete and actually looks like something a rookie would do.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Awesome!

I tend to agree with you, to be honest. Text can be tricky and I have only seen a few sig0makers who can get it right. I have mixed luck with it myself.

This makes you sound like a buffoon. The picture you used has a WWE watermark in the corner, you realise? If that is not plagiarism, then I have no idea what it is.

Too bad that you did come off as sounding like an unappreciative asshole then, isn't it?

Coming here to tell us how well-versed you are with GFX will get you nowhere around here. You need to show us what you are all about and then people will begin to give you some of the credit you think you deserve.

You shouldn't feel as though you should be offended that FSWWE thought you were a novice. Looking at your signature that you created, I would have thought the exact same thing.

The colour balance is ridiculous and completely detracts from what you are trying to achieve. The picture you have used makes no sense. It has no logical flow to it, you realise that right? What is he sitting on? Just looks ridiculous.

The fact that you take pride in this piece of work makes me think that you are not all you are cracked up to be with graphic design. Not to say that I am the end all and be all of the given subject but I do know that your signature is far from complete and actually looks like something a rookie would do.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Forgot to clarify the first bit you almlost always need a base structure in this case for me being that CM Punk stock if ur not using a stock to start of the sig it will tend to be empty as u will most likely have no focal this is one of the only times I choose to use resources

Secondly I understand that fact that I just cant come here and demand some sort of recognition when the only work that has been posted by me is this sig maybe its just that the previous user rubbed me the wrong way or maybe I was on edge when posting that and Im not gonna make excuses for why people may not like the piece it is what it is anyways its whatever

Apologies on my behalf FSWWE I dont mean to sound like a tool its just a spur of the moment thing

Now im gonna back to watching MNR

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back