• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Club Vs Country [All Sports]

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
I want some input on what the standings here are in sports such as American Footbal which I have no idea about.

This year a couple of incidents popped up in Rugby League, where a player was taken out of their team for a week to play for their home country. I'm specifically speaking about those players with an Australia/New Zealand/Samoa heritage, who have international games planned in the middle of the English Super League season.

A couple of teams refused their players the chance to play as their were important games for each team that week in the league. However, the Rugby Football League ruled against the teams, allowing the players to fly out to play internationally.

When it comes to foottball (Soccer), international games are planned in sync with the Premier league, Worls Cup and Euro qualifiers to be exact. There is specifically weeks where those games will take place. This, I think, is a better system than the one in RL as it stops arguments between players and teams, and allows coaches to organise everything accordingly.

What do you think should come first, and should fixtures accomadate international games?

I think country should always come before club as I feel representing your country is the highest honour you can acheive in sport.

I think sports like rugby union and rugby league should follow football and have set dates for internationals and like football, if the internationals happen on the weekend no top flight club games should be played as teams who play on the same days as international matches are at a huge disadvantage as they can't play their best players as they could be in another continent

Country. But only because our country doesn't win anything. Imagine what it would be like if we won the World Cup, it would end stravation, in Liverpool.

But on the other side I'd love it if my team won a cup. It's hard to say which I'd prefer. It's not like Stoke are going to win anything, apart from that worthless sponsored by pain trophy in two years or so. You also don't share the experience with as many people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back