• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Click It

JamJam

It's goin' down forreal!
I checked with KB on this one and he said it was fine.

Well anyway, I just started writing for this website and would appreciate it if you guys would check it out. It has all kinds of news for you all.

http://otakudome.com/

If you have any comments, feel free to leave some. Any suggestions? Leave some of those as well. Just check the place out. Thanks again!

Your website has an excellent layout. I must also commend the site for unambiguous headlines that tell you exactly what you're going to find should you choose to read the articles. The only suggestion I can make is have more fleshed-out articles. For instance, I looked at the Top 10 Upcoming XBOne Exclusives article, and there was little to no analysis or description; it's almost as if whoever wrote the article picked ten games, watched their 2013 E3 trailers on youtube, and wrote twitter-sized reactions to each.

All in all, though, nice website, man. I'll definitely keep a lookout for it in the future.

I agree with the other guys, the design and layout is quality stuff. Once I have time I'll dive into more of the site.

Check it out folks! If you have any questions about it, shoot me a PM.

Also, if you've checked the website, the logo is kind of messed up but we're working on getting that fixed. So yeah, we know about that.

Some critiques about the name and the logo.

The site design is great, but the logo looks like it was done in MSPaint. Also, you might want to stay away from the word "otaku" as it's gotten some really negative connotations over the years.

The site design is great, but the logo looks like it was done in MSPaint. Also, you might want to stay away from the word "otaku" as it's gotten some really negative connotations over the years.
Yeah, we were changing the logo to a new one but it kind of got messed up. And no, we didn't us MS Paint. Once we get that sorted, it should turn out great. We're working on it, so don't worry about that. Also, haven't heard anything about the word "otaku" but I'll take it up with the owner.

I hear you, but most the negativity I've read about the word has usually come from Otakus in asian countries, because a lot of them were associated with some crime or another.

I hear you, but most the negativity I've read about the word has usually come from Otakus in asian countries, because a lot of them were associated with some crime or another.

When I was growing up, the word "otaku" had just meant, "anime fan," and people felt really cool using a Japanese word to describe a group of people with a common interest. Then the internet came along, and people began to understand what the word "otaku" really meant, and how it was originally used. Now, the word carries the same weight as the word, "weeaboo" in the circles I run in.

That's all I really know about it.

When I was growing up, the word "otaku" had just meant, "anime fan," and people felt really cool using a Japanese word to describe a group of people with a common interest. Then the internet came along, and people began to understand what the word "otaku" really meant, and how it was originally used. Now, the word carries the same weight as the word, "weeaboo" in the circles I run in.

That's all I really know about it.

Yeah the heat the word has gotten is pretty ridiculous. The name of the site comes from the original meaning of the word (someone who's into anime/manga, wrestling, etc).

Yeah the heat the word has gotten is pretty ridiculous. The name of the site comes from the original meaning of the word (someone who's into anime/manga, wrestling, etc).

That's not true. The original meaning of the word in the current definition is a ridiculously unpleasant fan of something to the point of social awkwardness. It then briefly evolved into something a little less offensive, but it's heading back that way.

Source

That's not true. The original meaning of the word in the current definition is a ridiculously unpleasant fan of something to the point of social awkwardness. It then briefly evolved into something a little less offensive, but it's heading back that way.

Source

Oh I always figured the word meant someone who was into certain forms of entertainment. It's had quite the back and forth story then lol.

Oh I always figured the word meant someone who was into certain forms of entertainment. It's had quite the back and forth story then lol.

Yeah, Americans tend to make up their own definitions for Japanese words, especially considering the slang works a LOT differently in Japanese than it does in English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back