• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clay Matthews III Appreciaton Thread

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
clay-matthews-jr.jpg

Welcome to the Clay Matthews Appreciation Thread!

Here we will laud and sanctify all things Clay Matthews, stud linebacker / defensive all-around for the Green Bay Packers.

clay-matthews-720x380.jpg

Clay Matthews III Facts:

Born May 14th, 1986 (heretofore known as "Clay Matthews Day")
6'3 255 lbs
Walk-on for the USC Trojans Football Team
Made the cover of Sport's Illustrated's 2009 NFL Draft Preview Issue
4.62s 40-yard dash - Scored a 26 on the Wonderlic Test
Scored first TD on Monday Night Football after stripping Adrian Peterson of the Vikings
2009 Pro-Bowl Selection - first Packers rookie since 1978 to make the Pro Bowl
Clay's Father played the 3rd most games in NFL history
"Enjoys long walks on the California beaches and listening to Heavy Metal"
Rang Kevin Kolb's FUCKING BELL in week 1 of the NFL season!

He did play a great game. Better than AJ Hawk at this point even, I'd assume. If the Packers have even an average defense this year, they should be in the Super Bowl. Yet to see if that happens.

Still, there's only one guy you can call the all around best, most important, most clutch defensive player in the league, Mr. Troy Polamalu. He deserves his own facts list as well. That interception yesterday was fucking sick.

- Growing up in Oregon, Troy often watched an uncle perform in traditional Samoan fire sword dances.
- Troy was a two-time All-State basketball player in high school.
- Troy scored 56 touchdowns in just 32 high school football games
- Troy returned three of his six college interceptions for touchdowns. He also blocked four punts for the Trojans.
- Despite signing a multimillion dollar contract with the Steelers, Troy showed up to his first training camp in a $12,000 Kia.
- Troy wanted to sign autographs for fans after the 2006 Pro Bowl, but the Honolulu police would not permit it. The crowd waiting for him was too large to control.
- Troy holds rock-paper-scissors tournaments in the Steelers’ locker room.
- Troy has been timed at 4.3 in the 40-yard dash and has a 43-inch vertical leap.
- Troy became a master woodcarver in high school. He made ornate cabinets and coffee tables, which he sold to earn extra cash.
- Troy’s hobbies include fly fishing and orchid cultivation.
- Troy’s bother, Kaio Aumua, played football for UTEP. His uncle Kennedy is running backs coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
-Troy has two nicknames—The Tasmanian Devil and The Quiet Storm

Matthews is a damn good player, and GB looks damn good this year. (this means a lot cuz I'm a Bears fan.) In my opinion he's their second best LB and by the end of this year should be playing at Barnet's level. Packers defense is a bit under rated, but their LB's are so deep that I think they make up for a so-so D-line.

On an unrelated note; I really hope that Matthews put Kolb out for a while so that we can see Vick get some playing time.

I have to come appreciate Clay Matthews III. Two games into this year and he has 6 sacks. The guy is just an animal out there. Out of his five tackles today four were for losses, with three more sacks, and five QB hits. He is on pace to smash his sack total of 10 from last year, check that the sack total for a season. His performances are making it real easy for AJ Hawk to be expendable as talk has been circulating about Hawk being possibly traded.

At this rate, with Matthews being the beast on the field that he has been these last two games. I see him as an early candidate for the Defensive MVP, and a definate second pro-bowl appearance.

I actually see this thread has turned into a USC appreciation thread and I can ALWAYS get behind that.

I am not a Packers or Steelers fan, but I root for all Men of Troy that play in the NFL and am happy to see them do well.

I always said that when Clay was at USC that he would make an outstanding NFL player despite being on a vaunted USC defense featuring Cushing, Maualuga, Maiava, Taylor Mays, etc..

Matthews has a great future in the league and I support any thread that supports USC alumni. (Unless it's O.J. fuck him)

- Troy’s bother, Kaio Aumua, played football for UTEP. His uncle Kennedy is running backs coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Correction, General, Kennedy is the running back coach at USC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back