• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Classic Stages

Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D.

Dog The Bounty Hunter
Does anyone miss the old WWF ppv entrance stages? I was thinking about how Survivor Series is going to be in MSG on Sunday and I know that they never have an enormous stage when there, usually just a couple doors open with some graphics on them. So anyways I think it would be really cool to have an old school minimalist entrance way for this ppv. Musch like this one-
son5l1.jpg

I have always loved this style of stage. Much more than the current huge ones actually.

What do you guys think about bringing back the classic look when in MSG?

Edit- Sorry for the picture quality, I just captured a screenshot of a low quality video on Youtube.

Does anyone miss the old WWF ppv entrance stages? I was thinking about how Survivor Series is going to be in MSG on Sunday and I know that they never have an enormous stage when there, usually just a couple doors open with some graphics on them. So anyways I think it would be really cool to have an old school minimalist entrance way for this ppv. Musch like this one-
son5l1.jpg

I have always loved this style of stage. Much more than the current huge ones actually.

What do you guys think about bringing back the classic look when in MSG?

Edit- Sorry for the picture quality, I just captured a screenshot of a low quality video on Youtube.

I loved the old style smaller stages, the bigger ones would be better saved for WrestleMania to give it the big event feel, just my 2 cents.

Those were simple and effective stages. I remember between 98 and 99 they would constantly use the round industrial-style entrance.

At WM 20 they did create a more elaborate stage for MSG. And they created a promotional screen where they usually make the doors. http://doc-0g-8g-3dwarehouse.googleusercontent.com/3dwarehouse/secure/hhulr73hmmak89paul31eote4ben7ngk/ea99o55cd6lba3i1hgfoafb5pig385m2/1321293600000/lt/*/2a51ce2ffe41d19e4740e3d77796311?ts=1298841910000&ctyp=other

It would be nice to just go back to the simple doors for MSG.

When talking about Survivor series in general you may onto something. The old stages were not as flashy as the new ones obviously but I think that maybe for only one SS event in the future they could make that old school feel gimmick work. However that should not become a permanent stage (like Summerslam's which I think looks as bland as hell) as bigger stages give it more of a big feel, and Survivor Series is a big PPV for WWE. As to the poster above that said it would help give Wrestlemania a big feel: Wrestlemania is big anyway, the stage is larger, it is far more gorgeous, and the atmosphere is already there because of the crowd. Any PPV other that Wrestlemania can get away with having the exact same design every year because it really does not affect their quality at all. Even the big 3 other than WM always have the same set nowadays, which is something that I think they should tweak a bit. Regardless of whether it is tweaked or not Wrestlemania is the only PPV which HAS to have a great set, how the set looks or how expensive it looks does not affect any other PPV at all.

With that said back to the old school suggestion, I highly doubt it will ever happen. WWE has found the template for the SS stages (the big cylinder thing at the side of the set that is there every year) and I highly doubt they will change that or any other non WM PPV set for awhile. Match quality is what matters here, save the set and appearance debate for Wrestlemania.

I was thinking about this too. The old style stages were a lot better. Not just for the sake of nostalgia but because it makes the shows feel a bit more personal. With the RAW, Smackdown, Superstars, NXT AND PPV Stages it feels like your watching the same damn show over and over and over again!

They should bring back some older style ones like they did with the old school RAW. Wouldn't it be awesome if they did a one off old school PPV... with the old IN YOUR HOUSE set? Imagine it! The main event could be an old school blue steel cage match for the WWE title or whatever. Would be badass!

I'm going into this plain ignorant, but wasn't The Garden just redeveloped with those doors used by the WWE at times removed? I know that major work has been done, so I would expect WWE to be using the Universal Stage with the slight difference they usually do for PPVs.

However once in a while it is nice to see a different stage than the Universal one put in a different order, it just gives the feel to the event. There is hardily any creativity in them anymore apart from Wrestlemania. Although Vengeance was a nice change by using the big V but it still far too samey.

I'm going into this plain ignorant, but wasn't The Garden just redeveloped with those doors used by the WWE at times removed? I know that major work has been done, so I would expect WWE to be using the Universal Stage with the slight difference they usually do for PPVs.

Wow I didn't even know about the renovations until you mentioned it. I could see them doing something with the universal stage for this then. I like the minimalist look myself but whnever they have a huge stage that looks sweet i'm into it.

Yes an IYH set would be pretty awesome! One of my all time favorite sets from the past was the Backlash one from 2000 I think. It had the swinging sickles and stuff.

I knew that MSG was getting redeveloped... but not for one instance did I stop to think that it might mean they've gotten rid of the small entrance doors... I always assumed that the WWE preferred to use them anyways as they can guarantee a sell out in MSG therefore makes sense to make more seats available rather than having a larger set and less asses in seats. Also at MSG it just looks better to have fans at 360 degrees all shouting their mouths off...

its magical!

There is definitely something to what you are saying. I will add that although subtle, walking straight out in your entrance has a stronger effect than coming around a corner (video screen) like Raw's current set up.

Plus nothing beats entering straight through a good old fashioned curtain, except maybe entering through a shattering piece of glass.

I knew that MSG was getting redeveloped... but not for one instance did I stop to think that it might mean they've gotten rid of the small entrance doors... I always assumed that the WWE preferred to use them anyways as they can guarantee a sell out in MSG therefore makes sense to make more seats available rather than having a larger set and less asses in seats. Also at MSG it just looks better to have fans at 360 degrees all shouting their mouths off...

its magical!

i forgot all about it. i think it was reported on this site nearly a year ago where they said they where getting rid of the doors and all the players at sport events would be coming out from the corner or something.
its a real shame too because i was looking forward to a small enterance way for ss

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back