Cigar Lounge Debate League Discussion Thread

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
This is not a spam thread. This is for discussions about the league. Do not discuss in progress topics.

This thread is for general announcements and questions.

Will you make a feedback type thread for our debates? All throughout TM's Debator Leauge, I have wanted a Feedback thread. Where the debators can congregate and tell one another what they did/didn't do correctly throughout their debates.

Mine had a feedback thread, no one ever posted in it. I am interested in being a judge if you still need one. When is the start date of this?

I am going to open all threads to further debate after the round is over. I will dump all the previous weeks threads into the general lounge area for discussion and further debate.

Also, I am revising the schedule for the AFC. The error has been corrected, and there is a new debater.

Hey, I'm in the NFC!!!

My favourite team conference!!!

%2f%7e%2fmedia%2f87FA523FEC3B4EB790CD0158429B133E.ashx

League Announcement

We are moving back the start for two weeks.

Hey, I'm in the NFC!!!

My favourite team conference!!!

%2f%7e%2fmedia%2f87FA523FEC3B4EB790CD0158429B133E.ashx

This isn't a spam thread. Be careful. This is a warning. This thread is for League announcements and questions.

Couch Potato-

You are in. That's my mistake.

Announcement 2

I am re-redoing the schedule today.

What happens when your opponent no-shows? Does this constitute getting all the points? I see this as a flaw for the points system as they automatically get a win for no reason and screw other viable contenders from earning the top league standings. Should there be a system if your opponent no-shows that the debate only earns you half the points or something?

What happens when your opponent no-shows? Does this constitute getting all the points? I see this as a flaw for the points system as they automatically get a win for no reason and screw other viable contenders from earning the top league standings. Should there be a system if your opponent no-shows that the debate only earns you half the points or something?

The scoring isn't like TM's league. There is either a winner or a loser, and then the rest of the points are given based on presentation which consists of 5 categories ( I think). That has nothing to do with your opponent, so I'd imagine that it'd be in your best interest to get a good post up, even if your opponent no shows.

Yes, but wouldn't that screw up the scoring systems? It seems unfair for someone to get all the points or whatever your scoring with to the person who writes something and the other no-shows.

Yes, but wouldn't that screw up the scoring systems? It seems unfair for someone to get all the points or whatever your scoring with to the person who writes something and the other no-shows.

No, from my understanding, the point aren't shared between your opponents. For instance, you could be debating someone and get 40 out of 50 points, and they could get 30 out of 50 points. It isn't like TM's league where both of you combine for 50 points, you and your opponent can each score up to 50 points.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Dave has been added to the AFC. He volunteered to join.

Everyone in the AFC needs to be aware that they have no more byes. You have a matchup every week.

I joined the league too and I am really looking forward to debating with everyone that I will debate with. I know that I am not as knowledgeable as some of the other debates, but I will still try my hardest to debate with the research I do. I am glad to have joined and I can't wait until this starts.

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.

MRC, if someone can't continue, we can slide you in. I'll PM you for any pinch hitting opportunities there might be.

Now, this thread is only for questions, judging requests, and announcements from here on out. This is a NONSPAM thread. If you spam in here from here on out, you will get an infraction. We are just leaving this thread open to clear up any situations that may arise.

Given Undertaker's#1fan's banning, I will gladly take his spot if you need someone else to fill it. But, given that's he isn't perma-banned and IrishCanadian25 is going on his honeymoon, there may not be a need for me to serve as an alternate yet.

Resolved: the right to a free press outweighs the right to a fair trial.

Before I enter my initial statement, can I get some clarification on the highlighted area. Does this mean that media coverage of certain legal events such as court cases shouldn't be allowed to interfere and sway the minds of the community?

I would also like to add that I will be posting my initial statement within the next 24 hours. I have work-related issues to resolve myself and will be out of action for say... the next 9 or so hours?

Reactions: gd
Since I made a mistake and had to miss the first round, how will the judging work on this round?

Will I automatically lose by default or does the guy pinch hitting for me get the victory? I'm not sure, so if someone knows, will you please tell me?

Also, I can't wait to get my feet wet in the debates. I loved what my topic would have been. I hope that my next one is just as good.

I'm excited.

Before I enter my initial statement, can I get some clarification on the highlighted area. Does this mean that media coverage of certain legal events such as court cases shouldn't be allowed to interfere and sway the minds of the community?

I would also like to add that I will be posting my initial statement within the next 24 hours. I have work-related issues to resolve myself and will be out of action for say... the next 9 or so hours?

OK, I want to note this here, for everyone. Half the fun of these debates will be to twist the definitions into what you need them to be. Look at the topic in broad context, and then narrow it down to the points you think you can win on. I will not be defining terms anymore. Just look it up and make it mean what you need it to mean.

Since I made a mistake and had to miss the first round, how will the judging work on this round?

Will I automatically lose by default or does the guy pinch hitting for me get the victory? I'm not sure, so if someone knows, will you please tell me?

Also, I can't wait to get my feet wet in the debates. I loved what my topic would have been. I hope that my next one is just as good.

I'm excited.

Your pinch hitter will get a win or a loss FOR YOU. You are the registered competitor, so his result in this round will be your result.

Oh man I could have known with that last night, I was really rushing mine last night/tonight!

I'll add some more to it over the weekend but well dont to the debaters thus far, but come on fellas get one done!

There is really no excuse to not have something up at least.

Take me for example. I go to college from 8 to 5 every day except a Friday. I also work three nights a week and I also have to a lot of stuff including writing matches etc for WZCW. I still managed to get something in and it isn't just fluff either. Seriously, it is not hard to put a post together.

Pull your socks up, Fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back