• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Church of Pain

Raven

Nevermore..
Orginal post by johnbragg in my "should TNA create a dark-tpye character"
I forget what I was watching, but they were showing a woman who, as some wierd form of self-expression, was getting two hooks pierced through her back and hung from a prison ceiling for some number of hours.

That made me think of how to handle hardcore ultraviolent wrestling.

Segregate it out from your main roster. Kayfabe a Church of Pain, based on the idea that this Fallen World can only be redeemed through suffering. Therefore, blessed are they who suffer--and blessed are they who cause suffering. For they shall redeem the world. Research groups like religious hermits in early Christianity, the Shiite Muslims who flay themselves on some martyr's feast day, scholars of mythology and anthropology on human sacrifice. Raven would pop a weeklong boner writing this shit.

Kayfabe them a "compound" somewhere nebulous. First Amendment lawyers keep police, health authorities and state athletic commissions away from regulating the sadistic, depraved, batshit crazy stuff they do. It's all done with consent of adults, and the compound is a ways out of town.

Find people into BDSM and body modification and have them act out "scenes" as vignettes to establish just how batshit crazy these guys are. Hang a lady from a ceiling through hooks in her flesh. Show a guy getting horns put into the skin covering his skull. Show a "submissive" getting all kinds of abused by his/her dominant and whoever else is involved. Meanwhile voiceover the religious mumbo-jumbo about how the "sacrifice" is taking on the suffering of the world, and thus hastening the day of the end of suffering.

And, as the highest sacrament of their church, hardcore, ultraviolent wrestling matches err i mean fights. Winner leaves/joins TNA/the Church of Pain, or winner gets to get a former friend out of the Church of PAin.

You could even run the Church of Pain as an invasion/takeover angle, with Abyss as the Church's main guy, taking on Hogan and Immortal to redeem TNA from their sins of deception, theft, and greed. The faces would be in a interesting position, a little like being saved from Nazis by cannibals.

now this seems like it could be well just awesome...if used correctly..like use some indy people that have a dark character pst(I.E. the age of the fall,cult fiction) you know if they did this and combined with other people like jeff hardy if he still had his anti-christ gimmick and maybe people like james mitchell and the diffrent stables hes led, bring in some of the dark people from AAA,because lets face it mexicans know how to create dark characters lol, theres chessman,charly manson, la secta, vampiro, judas mesias, the dark family, halloween,la parka the list goes on, but would you guys like to see this at any time in TNAs future?

if so who all would you bring in?
if it was purely for promo reasons i would bring in people like you see in the Ripleys beleive it or not! like the enigma,and other people one guy "tattoed ugly" lenn odity, as johnbragg said in the post "raven would pop a week long boner writing this shit"
so feel free to disect this and give your opnion, but remeber if you aint got nutin nice to say, kepp your damn mouth shut :) thank you

I could be wrong in the point of this whole forum, but I'm going to debate a different option than what you're probably searching for.

I simply feel like all this is looking to a more niche crowd. TNA has already formed quite a niche, and fan base. However, they need to figure out on how to expand their boundaries to a more broad fan base; such as the WWE.

In the world of business you want the most broad demographic you possibly can have. Take WWE for example, their demography is formed towards children - and more family based environments. Very good for the WWE. Nearly everyone has a family.

A church of pain is simply too targeted upon weird little emo kids that want to see someone in as much "pain" as they are in.

This might be the most bizarre Idea I have ever seen on these forums. To be honest, it might also be the worst. I have no problem with dark characters in wrestling, but this shit goes beyond that.

Let me make sure I have the facts straight: You want a group of sadomasicists that perform body mutilation and pain rituals on each other to wrestle in TNA. You really think it would go over well to bring in circus freaks that hang themselves from meat hooks to wrestle A J Styles and Jeff Jarrett. I don't want to be rude, but are you fucking insane/demented? Have you ever seen this shit. We studied it in my college sociology class. It is some of the most disturbing and fucked up shit you have ever seen in your life. It will make you sick to your stomach. You do realize their is a difference between blading, or implying violence like Abyss does with Janice, and actually having a group of people torture themselves on a wrestling program. You also suggested (and don't say you didn't suggest it, your whole thread is about promoting what this guy brought up) that you have subs/doms on TV. Again, I wonder about your mental health when you think it would be a good idea to have a guy in a gimp mask whipping and pouring hot wax on a chick tide up to a cross in a basement.

Dark characters work in wrestling because the are CHARACTERS. Its acting. The type of people you want to bring in for this angle aren't characters, they are seriously fucked up people who are actually doing this to themselves/each other. If they tried to do this horseshit Spike TV would cancel them in a second. Not to mention the fact that you aren't allowed to put shit like this on basic cable. Yep, this is the most fucked up and terrible idea I have ever seen on a wrestling forum.

As the Miz would say... REALLY? REALLY? Wrestling is sports entertainment and is finally getting on the right track again (banning chair shots to head, anti bullying, good media coverage) You want to bring in circus folk pretty much and have them perform "talents" that if gone wrong can put someones life in danger 50x more than a botched move. What the hell? :wtf: :banghead:

As the Miz would say... REALLY? REALLY? Wrestling is sports entertainment and is finally getting on the right track again (banning chair shots to head, anti bullying, good media coverage) You want to bring in circus folk pretty much and have them perform "talents" that if gone wrong can put someones life in danger 50x more than a botched move. What the hell? :wtf: :banghead:

Wrestling has and will always be sports entertainment.....but I agree this idea is really terrible and can put alot of people's lives in danger.

I LOVE this idea, though for tv it can't be done to the extreme that was already mentioned. But who to bring into this stable? Well since it wasn't really said that I cant bring anyone in from WWE, one person that comes to mind is Kain. Place him with James Mitchell and it would be genious. Those two could have a ball.

But since the TV censors would probably not go for that level of grotesqueness, it could still be done, but in away that we know it is happening, without it happening. Don't ask how, I don't know all the tricks in horror movies.

Another character I would bring back to TNA for this is The Fallen Angel. If done right, this would be perfect for him. And a nice new side to a character that works. I don't really have much else to say. But yes, I do agree. Raven would have a week long boner writing this shit.

Yeah a Church of Pain would be bad for TNA but if they bring back Daniels fully in his Fallen Angel gimmick do you think there's a possibility he could be TNA's Undertaker?

I feel the fallen Angel with the righte dge behind it could be like Undertaker's igmmick. no tncessarily just like it but its level of impact and attitude.

TNA is a MAINSTREAM wrestling organisation, yes - it's got an edgier tone than WWe but there is a big difference to saying 'asshole' and having self mutilation/ subs/ doms etcetra. You want somewhere for a storyline like this, it is out there - it's called Combat Zone Wrestling but it will never, ever be in TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back