Christy Hemme's Announcing...

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
It's God awful. I know that Dave Penser wasn't exactly the Michael Buffer of wrestling or anything, and Jeremy Borash is worse than freakin' Tony Chimel, but my God why the hell would you let Christy Hemme ring announce?

As I'm typing this I'm watching the replay if iMPACT Wrestling and she's after announcing the winner of a Knockouts match, and when you win something you're supposed to have your name announced so that people can actually hear you. It's like she whispered the winner into the microphone.

She probably got the job because she gets paid an above-average salary in TNA and because she's hot and they might as well give her some on-air time, but seriously, she's an awful ring announcer. Just had to state it.

If anyone feels the same or has a contrasting opinion, please proceed.

I think she does a good job. She's peppy and smiling for the faces and cautious and subtly afraid (shows in her body language) with the heels. While her voice tends to peak and sound kinda cheesy at times when she's announcing names, she does a decent job. Better than Val, anyway.

It's God awful. I know that Dave Penser wasn't exactly the Michael Buffer of wrestling or anything, and Jeremy Borash is worse than freakin' Tony Chimel, but my God why the hell would you let Christy Hemme ring announce?

As I'm typing this I'm watching the replay if iMPACT Wrestling and she's after announcing the winner of a Knockouts match, and when you win something you're supposed to have your name announced so that people can actually hear you. It's like she whispered the winner into the microphone.

She probably got the job because she gets paid an above-average salary in TNA and because she's hot and they might as well give her some on-air time, but seriously, she's an awful ring announcer. Just had to state it.

Are you insane? Christy Hemme isn't so bad as a ring announcer. Granted she is no Micheal Buffer or David Panzer, but hell she just started about a month ago for satan's sake give it time. Another thing, at least she is hot( so damn hot) unlike unlike other ring announcers.

Are you insane? Christy Hemme isn't so bad as a ring announcer. Granted she is no Micheal Buffer or David Panzer, but hell she just started about a month ago for satan's sake give it time. Another thing, at least she is hot( so damn hot) unlike unlike other ring announcers.

Read my opening post, if I said she is below Penzer but also stated that he's below Buffer that means I amen't comparing to try and justify her talents, I'm saying it to give both Hemme and Penzer credit.

Also, I did say her being hot is probably why she got the job, and they need to make use of her due to her high salary. But she doesn't have the voice for a ring announcer, a ring announcer needs to be someone with a loud brash voice who gets everyones attention. She just doesn't do that, and shes been doing it more than a month also, about two months if not three.

Personally they must have someone better for the job. Not JB, Hemme or even Penzer. But Jesus, I see enough good ring announcers on the indy scene who would surely be happy to take the position.

I agree with you 100% man. She is TERRIBLE. I know she's basically new to this and all but like you said when someone wins a match she announces their names so quickly. She doesn't draw out the names anymore than she has to, and that is a BIG PROBLEM. Especially for main events, it's like nothing happened, sometimes you don't even hear when she announces it. . .

HOWEVER, I was watching some old Monday Night Raws and it was during Lillian Garcia's first year or so announcing and she was just as bad. She did EXACTLY the same things Hemme does. Soo all hope is not lost, as I rather enjoyed Lillian Garcia's work.

Give her some time..it might be longer than you hope, but I'd give her a year + before I deem her a complete and utter disaster.

ya she is sooo terrible. i watched my first iMPACT! in about 6 months. so i didn't know about all these changes. but im sure she did annoucing on xplosin. if they do that idk. but they need a new one. i'd rather hear mike tenay then anyone else

Really? That's what you guys are worried about, is who's announcing? Who really cares how they sound as long as they say the wrestler's correct name... and besides that I'd take Hemme's announcing over Buffer's or Penzer's anyday, because she's a hell of a lot nicer to look at and if you still don't understand.. she's smoking hot :)

she could just say blah, blah, blah as long as I get to look at her and her boobs in the ring :)

I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this, but I'm going to say it anyway: women don't sound 'right' when they try to project their voices the way a ring announcer is supposed to.

I dont know, I am still partial to The Fink myself. Christy isnt bad, but they could easily upgrade if they were willing to put out a strong search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back