• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christy Hemme

Low_Ki

Former WZCW Tag Team Champion
I didn't want to have to be the guy to bring it up, but damn does her ring announcing ever suck balls.

Nothing personal obviously but she is worse than Tony Chimel, and that is saying something. Its not so much what she says its how she says it. She talks as if she needs to get it out before she forgets what she is supposed to say, and doesn't even build for the name of the wrestler. Justin Roberts may not be everyones cup of tea but at least he gets a reaction for his over the top "JAAAAAHHHHHNNNN CEEEEEENNNNNAAAA!!!"

Am I the only one who thinks that Hemme would be better placed back in her interviewer role? She really does seem to have taken Zap Brannigan's advise literally as 'say as much as you can, as fast as you can, and don't stop for any reason'.

Thoughts?

I didn't want to have to be the guy to bring it up, but damn does her ring announcing ever suck balls.

Nothing personal obviously but she is worse than Tony Chimel, and that is saying something. Its not so much what she says its how she says it. She talks as if she needs to get it out before she forgets what she is supposed to say, and doesn't even build for the name of the wrestler. Justin Roberts may not be everyones cup of tea but at least he gets a reaction for his over the top "JAAAAAHHHHHNNNN CEEEEEENNNNNAAAA!!!"

Am I the only one who thinks that Hemme would be better placed back in her interviewer role? She really does seem to have taken Zap Brannigan's advise literally as 'say as much as you can, as fast as you can, and don't stop for any reason'.

Thoughts?

Don't want to bust your balls or anything dude, but this was covered before like at least a month ago. Now as for the topic at hand, it doesn't matter how her mic skills are for announcing matches. Could she be better? Maybe, but she is so hot (so damn hot) that it doesn't matter because men are foaming at the mouth just by seeing her.;)

Honestly, I think it's kind of stupid to see someone yelling "AAAAAAAAAAA JJJJJJJ STYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLEEEEEEES!!!" in a place like the Impact Zone. It just has this ... "Hey, we're in a shoe box but we think we're the shit" type of feel to it.

It works for WWE because everything is over the top, production wise. I can see this working for a show outside of the Impact Zone. It just feels silly in it.

As far as Hemme goes ... well all I can say is FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP!

Thoughts?

Don't want to bust your balls or anything dude, but this was covered before like at least a month ago.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=171779

Indeed. And I am the man who originally covered it up.

Couldn't care how hot she is, most women in the mainstream wrestling organizations are hot, the fact is she has a horrible voice for announcing and she's a horrible announcer. Half the time she doesn't even mention the name correctly, last week when AJ Styles came out did anyone hear her voice fall flat half-way through? She literally introduced him as "AJ St...", awesome, we no longer get "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles we now get AJ St.

Totally agree with the opening post on this discussion. Said it nearly a month ago and she still hasn't improved, if anything shes gotten worse. That Fong bitch from NXT was horrible but she's better than Hemme.

Again, the only reason Hemme is announcer is due to her high salary, and lack of use on the shows before. She would interview like three people a show, now at least TNA have an excuse to pay her as much as they do - sadly she can't do the job very well.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Christy wrestle again. She never was that good of a wrestler but her wrestling skills is way better then her mic skills

The hotness far overshadows the lack of ring announcing skills. WCW had Michael Buffer announce the main event matches on Nitro and he couldn't even get the names right. He once called Bret Hart, Bret Clark. Point being... There have been worse.

i have to disagree i think Christy Hemme does good with ring announcing thts not even a huge part of the show so why does it matter as long as they dont screw up? Hemme is hot and shes good at announcing i like her as a ring announcer dont see the problem with her :shrug:

Yeah, I don't know why everyone complains about how horrible someone is at announcing a name.. big deal if they're good or bad.. besides, I'm not really listening to Christy anyway.. half the time i have no idea what she's saying because I'm so busy staring at her nice jugs :)

I'm gonna get a lot of shit for saying this, but here it comes: I don't think women should be ring announcers. They don't sound "right" when they project their voice like that.

I know a lot of people mention how hot she is and that some how makes up for her lack of talent, but it doesn't, I mean you could just stare at pictures of her if you want to fap that bad. Because having to listen to her announcing while trying would be way to difficult, you only have one free hand and you can't cover both ears with one hand.

I'm gonna get a lot of shit for saying this, but here it comes: I don't think women should be ring announcers. They don't sound "right" when they project their voice like that.

I have 2 words for you Lilian Garcia, one of the best ring announcers ever. But I agree Hemme is ok at best but there has been worse alot worse so I can deal. Plus that's not the biggest problem with Impact wrestling.

Christy's very easy on the eyes, and she's great as a backstage interviewer [although I do miss Lauren], but her intro's could certainly use some polish. I think her main problem with the ring announcing is her inconsistency, some people get longer introductions than their opponents, she misses details, but she's not exactly dreadful, just a bit bad.

I am being honest i only look at her breasts cuz well the puppies are bursting out!! I dont pay attention on how bad she is!! She is so damn hot so cares if she can announce

Justin Roberts is like the P/A announcer on King of the Hill. His Geeeeyonnnnnn Ceeenaaa makes me want to turn down the volume:banghead:And his boat whistle Rated R sooop r star :banghead:was enough to make me think EDGE was the kid on the crackerjacks box in the little sailor suit:rolleyes: At least Christy is something to look at;;)and doesn't overkill.:)

Clearly people have forgotten how horrible Lilian Garcia was when she started announcing. It's a trick that takes time. But the perk of Christy is that she's easy on the eyes. I'll give her time. I still prefer her over Borash and SoCal Val. Damn shame they haven't decided to take back BG James. He'd make announcing as big as when Howard Finkel did it.

Clearly people have forgotten how horrible Lilian Garcia was when she started announcing. It's a trick that takes time. But the perk of Christy is that she's easy on the eyes. I'll give her time. I still prefer her over Borash and SoCal Val. Damn shame they haven't decided to take back BG James. He'd make announcing as big as when Howard Finkel did it.

There's no denying that the New Age Outlaws entrance was over as fuck back in the day. Yeah I'd like to hear the Dee Oh Double-Gee announcing folks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back