• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Jericho - The Best in the World(At what...I have No Idea)

LBGetBack

Championship Contender
Newest Jericho book, his 3rd overall. Since this site has like 735 different forums, I have no idea if this is the best forum for this topic. After looking around, it seems to be.

I thought it was a very good read. I already plowed through it in less than a week, though admittedly I skipped a few Fozzy chapters(i'll go back and read them) as I don't care nearly as much.

For me the highlights:

-The background on Mickey Rourke being legit pissed at Jericho from the Larry King confrontation. Before Mania they were rehearsing the post-match confrontation where Rourke punched Jericho. Rourke brought 3 bodyguards to kick Jericho's ass in case there was a confrontation. When Jericho told Vince about this, Vince laughed and talked about "me, you, Malenko, and Finlay could've beat the shit out of them!" Vince told Jericho that one of them(former UFC champ Frank Shamrock) was a "midget". Jericho told Vince that if anything goes down "you take the midget". Vince replied "damn right, I will". I laughed. Hard.

- HBK taking great offense to a drunken Jericho dismissing his own cursing in front of HBK's kids and saying "they shouldn't be out this late anyway". HBK chewed Jericho out for his behavior. I was fascinated by that part.

- Also enjoyed the rundown of the HBK feud and Mysterio feud, both of which I thought were great(HBK-Jericho is my #1 feud ever).

- Jericho's rundowns of all the entrance themes he's used in his career, and his rundown of his numerous catchphrases and famous quotes. Both really enjoyable chapters to me.

- His seemingly very random account of a Big Show-Khali backstage fight caught me off guard and was very funny to me.

Didn't that just come out last Tuesday? It must have been a good read if you're through it already. I've had his second book for almost 3 years and haven't even finished reading the blurbs.

He and Scott Ian were on a satellite radio show last Monday and were both talking about their books. Obviously I'm very familiar with Jericho but I found Scott Ian to be really cool as well.

- HBK taking great offense to a drunken Jericho dismissing his own cursing in front of HBK's kids and saying "they shouldn't be out this late anyway". HBK chewed Jericho out for his behavior. I was fascinated by that part.

This must've been the incident Gregory Helms was referring to in his rant about HBK a few years ago.

Didn't that just come out last Tuesday? It must have been a good read if you're through it already. I've had his second book for almost 3 years and haven't even finished reading the blurbs.

He and Scott Ian were on a satellite radio show last Monday and were both talking about their books. Obviously I'm very familiar with Jericho but I found Scott Ian to be really cool as well.

Yeah, though I tend to eat this kind've stuff up when it's done well. It's not uncommon for me to read something I'm interested in that fast.

I'd say I liked this book better than Jericho's 2nd book, but not as much as his first.

This must've been the incident Gregory Helms was referring to in his rant about HBK a few years ago.

I thought the same thing after reading it. I had often wondered what Helms was talking about.

It should be noted that Jericho's tone in telling the story was that HBK chewing him out served as a wakeup call for him to make some changes, and that he felt bad that he had pissed HBK off(and hadn't intended to, but was very drunk and talking kind've recklessly).

Forgot another highlight for me:

Jericho and Edge pissed off CM Punk by watching the Canada- US Olympic Hockey game rather than going over their house show tag match later that night.

When it came time for the match, Punk started the match......and then never tagged Jericho in!

Jericho was pissed and confronted him after the match. Punk said that Jericho was being unprofessional for watching hockey rather than going over the match. Jericho said that he and Edge have a combined 40 years in the ring and know how to call a match on the fly, and refusing to tag someone in and screwing any fans who wanted to see Jericho wrestle is unprofessional.

Jericho maintains that he feels Punk was out of line there, but credits him for having balls.

One thing I really like about his books is that I feel Jericho usually does a good job of being candid without tying to run down others. I don't get the feeling that he has an agenda in protecting himself or trying to make himself look perfect or trying to make others look bad.....it seems like he just tells the interesting stories and explains where he was coming from.

Does he talk about why he doesn't do the Walls of Jericho like it should be done, instead of just a lazy Boston Crab? That's all I am interested in.

Does he talk about why he doesn't do the Walls of Jericho like it should be done, instead of just a lazy Boston Crab? That's all I am interested in.

I'm pretty sure he's addressed this in interviews quite a few times. In WCW he was using the Lion Tamer on cruiser weights for the most part.

His WWE opponents are bigger and don't bend that way. The times that he has used it in WWE were typically against smaller wrestlers.

Forgot another highlight for me:

Jericho and Edge pissed off CM Punk by watching the Canada- US Olympic Hockey game rather than going over their house show tag match later that night.

When it came time for the match, Punk started the match......and then never tagged Jericho in!

Jericho was pissed and confronted him after the match. Punk said that Jericho was being unprofessional for watching hockey rather than going over the match. Jericho said that he and Edge have a combined 40 years in the ring and know how to call a match on the fly, and refusing to tag someone in and screwing any fans who wanted to see Jericho wrestle is unprofessional.

Jericho maintains that he feels Punk was out of line there, but credits him for having balls.

Jericho, Edge, and Paul Heyman talked about this incident on his podcast. Great listen.

I'm pretty sure he's addressed this in interviews quite a few times. In WCW he was using the Lion Tamer on cruiser weights for the most part.

His WWE opponents are bigger and don't bend that way. The times that he has used it in WWE were typically against smaller wrestlers.

He has pulled it off in WWE & on people larger than cruiserweights, so that isn't an acceptable answer. Especially considering he does it the lazy way with smaller guys as well now, more often than not.

I should call him and ask. Is there a cell number for the Fozzy tour bus listed in his book? Anyone else have any questions? With one phone call I bet I can put together a better interview than LaBar.

Take that CSR. Right in the mouth.

He has pulled it off in WWE & on people larger than cruiserweights, so that isn't an acceptable answer. Especially considering he does it the lazy way with smaller guys as well now, more often than not.

I should call him and ask. Is there a cell number for the Fozzy tour bus listed in his book? Anyone else have any questions? With one phone call I bet I can put together a better interview than LaBar.

Take that CSR. Right in the mouth.

[Youtube]UJS3a20rUVM[/Youtube]

I should call him and ask. Is there a cell number for the Fozzy tour bus listed in his book? Anyone else have any questions?

No questions, just PM his number here when you've finished. I need to step up my prank-call game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back