• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Jericho DVD

jmt225

Global Moderator
Bought this last week and finally got around to watching it. It's fantastic.

The documentary was great. It's about 2 hours long, which was a pleasant surprise (I was only expecting an hour, like how most of WWE's documentaries have disappointingly been lately), and it covers pretty much everything about his wrestling AND music career (you're going to be shocked just how much time they gave to Jericho's music endeavors).

The extras... well, they're awesome. I was disappointed in the lack on promos, but regardless.. there was some great shit on here. Perhaps stealing the DVD are two segments that happened after Raw and Smackdown were over. One is from August 2003 when Austin was co-Gm, and him and Jericho go at it on the mic post Raw for about 10 minutes straight and it's just ridiculous/hilarious. The other one was from Smackdown in the year 2009, and Jericho, after getting beat up by 'Taker and Kane I believe, gets on the mic and then argues with this old man in the crowd, and again it's just ridiculous/hilarious.

The matches were great as expected, especially his ECW match with Cactus Jack, which I was very happy to see they included. Glad to have that on DVD finally, as well as his Raw match with HHH where he won the title for a few minutes. The pop at the end is still one of the greatest in history, no doubt.

Furthermore, Jericho and Striker provide commentary for Jericho's very first match against Lance Storm, vs. Ultimo Dragon in Japan, and vs. Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 19. All these are very entertaining and informative. Jericho easily ranks up there with Foley's commentary work on his DVDs as the most fun to listen to talk about his work.

So, yeah... all in all, great DVD. Highly recommended, whether you're a big fan of Jericho or not. There are things on here any wrestling fan should be able to enjoy.

I'm still waiting for mine. Pre-ordered it last month but still hasn't arrived. Anyone know the UK release date?

EDIT: Most places are listing November. WTF?! I ordered it on the basis that Silvervision (the UK WWE DVD guys) were releasing in October as the website states.

The documentary was great. I was also surprised it was as long as it was, but I enjoyed every second of it. It was cool how he explained how each place he went to helped him develop a different aspect of his style. And the way Paul Heyman blew him off for a year was hilarious. It is probably my favorite documentary WWE has done.

And the stuff after the show with Stone Cold had me laughing so hard. I love seeing stuff like this when they can kind of break character and let loose.

I'm still waiting for mine. Pre-ordered it last month but still hasn't arrived. Anyone know the UK release date?

EDIT: Most places are listing November. WTF?! I ordered it on the basis that Silvervision (the UK WWE DVD guys) were releasing in October as the website states.

Silvervision will most likely deliver it to you in October. They release earlier than the shops and places like Amazon & Play.com.

I'm really looking forward to this. It looks great and as a Jericholic, it's going to be awesome to finally get a DVD on Jericho.

Watching it right now and I have to say that I'm pleased to hear him mentioning part of the reality of the Hart school that was presented in A Lion's Tale. I saw people in the Deuces Wild threads pretending Jericho and Bret are really tight because of where Jericho did his training, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

I have watched some it so far might finish today. I wish they got more matches on there though but yes so far it is a great DVD. Also, what is so important about his WM XXVI match I liked the match just why is it on the DVD, no really?

He walked out of Mania with the belt. Umm... Duh.

Glad to see him putting over Cena and the two '07 matches between Cena and HBK. Even when one becomes a little disillusioned with the game, awesome is still awesome.

I knew Bockwinkel was an influence of Jericho's latest heel run. There was no other way about it.

Thrilled to see the realistic view Jericho has about his abilities at the end there. Maybe hearing it from his mouth will lead some of you to stop kissing his ass so much.

I'm only up to the second disc. I watched everything on the first disc and its was great. The after-raw segment with SCSA was awesome. That alone was worth the $20.

I love how Jeicho truthfully said that WCW's main events were nothing compared to WWE's.

Already finished the first and third disks.

I've only watched the first DVD thus far, and it really is one of the best. I also loved seeing Chris with his crazy lion (shih tzu!) hair again. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back