• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Benoit OR Eddie Guerrero

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
chrisbenoitandeddie_crop_340x234.jpg

Chris Benoit: Benoit worked for such major promotions as Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL), Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW), New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW), World Championship Wrestling (WCW), and the World Wrestling Federation/World Wrestling Entertainment (WWF/WWE).
Among other accolades, Benoit is a four-time world champion: a one-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion, one-time World Heavyweight Champion (tied for third longest reign in history), and two-time (though unofficial) WWF Champion. Both of his official world title reigns were represented by the Big Gold Belt: Benoit is one of three men to have held the Big Gold Belt in both WCW and WWE, alongside Bill Goldberg and Booker T. He is also a record-tying five-time WCW/WWE United States Champion, having held the championship twice in WCW, and three times in WWE. In addition to championships, Benoit won the 2004 Royal Rumble match as the # 1 entry, facing triple h and shawn micheals at that years wrestle mania and won the WHC. Described by WWE as "a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability", Benoit was widely regarded as one of the most popular, respected, and gifted technical wrestlers in history. Benoit last performed for WWE on their ECW brand. Paul Heyman, head of the original ECW promotion, intended to book Benoit to win the ECW World Heavyweight Championship in 1995 but did not renew his United States Work Visa in time;twelve years later, Benoit was booked by WWE to win the title in one of three world championship matches at pay-per-view event Vengeance: Night of Champions, which again did not come to fruition due to his death that night.

Death: Over a three day period, Benoit had killed his wife and son before he hanged himself. His wife was bound before the killing. Benoit's son was drugged and likely unconscious before Benoit strangled him. Benoit then committed suicide with a weight machine. WWE canceled the scheduled three hour long live Raw show on June 25, and replaced the broadcast version with a tribute to his life and career, featuring his past matches, segments from the Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story DVD, and comments from wrestlers and announcers. However, once the details of the murder–suicide became apparent, WWE quickly and quietly began distancing itself from the wrestler by removing merchandise and no longer mentioning him. The June 26 episode of ECW began with Vince McMahon addressing the television audience about the circumstances and announcing that there would be no mention of Benoit that night other than his comments. There was no mention of Benoit at all the following Friday on Smackdown.

Eddie Guerrero: He wrestled in Mexico and Japan for several major professional wrestling promotions. In the United States, Guerrero wrestled in Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW), World Championship Wrestling (WCW), and in World Wrestling Entertainment (then WWF). He won the wwe championship on the same day as Chris benoit won his championship.

Death Guerrero was found unconscious in his hotel room in by his nephew, Chavo. Chavo attempted CPR, but Eddie Guerrero was pronounced dead when paramedics arrived on the scene. The episodes of Raw on November 14, 2005 and SmackDown! on November 18, 2005 each aired as tributes to Guerrero. No WWE employees were forced to perform, although several matches took place, including one featuring Chavo, who finished the match with his uncle's frog splash. Raw started off with all the superstars and several personnel on stage, as Vince McMahon addressed the live crowd before finishing with a ten-bell salute. In addition to the Raw and SmackDown tribute shows, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling dedicated the pay-per-view TNA Genesis (which aired the evening of his death) to Guerrero. while Ring of Honor named their next show "Night of Tribute. Many of the wrestlers there wore arm bands with "E.G." on them. Eventually, other wrestlers, primarily his nephew Chavo and friends Mysterio and Christian, paid tribute to him in their matches by using the Frog Splash.

They both were one of the best to step in the ring their matches were always technical and athletic, they wrestled each other in promotions all around the world, heres a match of them going HEAD-HEAD with each other.

PART 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SVCHpQTX8U
PART 2http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqdQ_gDzWlM&feature=related

SO WHO DO YOU THINK WAS THE BETTER WRESTLER my pick is chris benoit, eddie guerrero was great but chris benoit was just pure GOLD he had everything, he was a great mat wrestler, great technition great gigh flyer this guys chops were scary, and u can see the toughness all over him, but this guy showed deditcation and passion and heart fore the bussnise, triple h said a fan disrespected HBK, chris benoit msde the fan do 1000 squats and chris did them with the fan.

RIP EDDIE GUERRERO AND CHRIS BENOIT< WHEN THEY DIED, WRESTLING DIED

you know if you combine the two, they would have been the perfect wrestler. benoit lacked charisma and while wwe did a great job masking that fact, he still had less charisma than jeff hardy. benoit was the better wrestler by far (not to say eddy was a bad wrestler, i remember how i always looked forward to every benoit match. i cant say that about eddie.)
eddie perfected the latino heat gimmick and was ultimate champion.
if i was forced to give an answer, i would have to say eddie because he was one of the best wrestlers who was wwe/world champ not named benoit and had better charisma.

Ahh... I dunno. As far as just pure wrestling, I would say Benoit. As far as promos, crowd interaction, you know, the stage stuff, I'd go with Eddie. But I really can't choose. One of my favorite matches of all time was the WMXX Triple Threat Match for the WHC with HBK, Triple H, and Benoit. My girlfriend and I sat there watching it last year (We stopped watching for awhile... Had to catch up lol) thinking, 'They won't give it to Benoit, especially between HBK and Triple H.' But we both literally jumped up and shouted when he got the submission. So I dunno. My instinct is to say Benoit, but they were both great. I also thought that if you could combine their skills into one wrestler, he may have been the greatest wrestler ever

Eddie actually won his championship at Backlash from Brock Lesnar, he just came out to celebrate with Benoit after the win. Overall if I was to choose, I'd go with Benoit. He always made everything look so flawless. Who know's where his career would be today if not for what happened in 2007.

Eddie Guerrero, and it isn't even close. Completely setting their last minutes aside (for the benefit of Benoit), Guerrero was always better at pretty much everything. He cut better promos, he drew WAY more money, he was more fun to watch in the ring, he had Benoit beat in the psychology department like a human being has a pinata beat in the living department. Benoit was gifted as far as being able to transition from move to move so smoothly that nobody knew it was happening, but at the same time Guerrero was gifted in making every single move mean something in the ring. Guerrero is one of, if not the single best in-ring storyteller of all time in my opinion, and the fact that he could cut promos with the best of them and win over the crowd with his natural charm and charisma just speaks volumes. I can honestly say that Eddie Guerrero is the only person (that includes family members) that I've ever cried about dying.

Wrestling-wise, I feel that both were almost equal. While Benoit was the better mat wrestler, Eddie was the better high-flier.

I have to give the edge to Eddie because he was more charismatic and much better on the mic. He was probably one of the funniest guys during his promos as a face. Also, Eddie had a better connection with the crowd. He was much more over with the crowd than Benoit ever was.

In my opinion Eddie is far better. While Benoit had the technical skills and could sell and react to moves flawlessly, Eddie did that and more. Eddie not only had that technical ability but he had natural charisma that carried over into the ring. Benoit never had that in ring charisma and really lacked skills on the mic. Benoit played his part well though as a ruthless agression fueled badass wrestler but Eddie was just a better all around wrestler and entertainer.

Eddie Guerrero, and it isn't even close. Completely setting their last minutes aside (for the benefit of Benoit), Guerrero was always better at pretty much everything. He cut better promos, he drew WAY more money, he was more fun to watch in the ring, he had Benoit beat in the psychology department like a human being has a pinata beat in the living department. Benoit was gifted as far as being able to transition from move to move so smoothly that nobody knew it was happening, but at the same time Guerrero was gifted in making every single move mean something in the ring. Guerrero is one of, if not the single best in-ring storyteller of all time in my opinion, and the fact that he could cut promos with the best of them and win over the crowd with his natural charm and charisma just speaks volumes. I can honestly say that Eddie Guerrero is the only person (that includes family members) that I've ever cried about dying.

benoit headlined in msg at wrestlemania 20.
headlined RR 03 with kurt angle.
so on and so forth.
not sure where you read or heard guerrero drew more money, but i will believe that one when i see it.

benoit headlined in msg at wrestlemania 20.
headlined RR 03 with kurt angle.
so on and so forth.
not sure where you read or heard guerrero drew more money, but i will believe that one when i see it.
Benoit headlined in MSG at WM20? LOL. You're reaching there. He happened to be in that match with HHH and HBK, two of the WWE's biggest draws ever. Benoit being on the card didn't sell any tickets. Saying that Benoit was a top draw because he headlined WM20 is like saying Ricky Steamboat was a top draw because marks liked his match in WM3. Not even close.

And the RR match is the selling point to the RR PPV. Not to mention the massive Lesnar/Big Show angle that was going at the time and, of course, the Undertaker's huge return to the rumble that year.

I loved Chris Benoit, but he was FAR from a top draw. His drawing power was constantly being called into question, and for damn good reason. He was a ring general, nobody is taking that away from him, but never a top draw.

Eddie Guerrero, on the other hand, was a top draw for a solid chunk of time. People would go from "the show looks okay" to "where do I buy tickets?" at the mention of Guerrero's name because he just had that it factor. The charisma, the charm, the guy that you want to pay to see. Guerrero had IT.

I'd say benoit had charisma in his own way. He wasn't the flashy or funny type like Eddie but he had a presence to him that could not be ignored, especially once WWE got their hands on him. He was a HUGE selling point of Mania, are you kidding me? From the Rumble on the focus was on him, from Paul Heyman trying to keep him out of the rumble and making him start at #1 to HBK trying to steal the spotlight from him at Mania (storywise). The 20th Anniversary of the biggest PPV was about his big moment. He sold some tickets, that's for sure. Now Eddie had longer runs as a top talent, sure, but to say benoit wasn't one isn't right. I'm hardpressed to choose who was better since both were amazing and had amazing moments, but overall I'd say Eddie ultimately had the better career and was bigger overall... though if you handicap it, I'd say it'd be dead even, Eddie did already come from a wrestling family and had it in his blood from day 1, he should come out on top in that situation, to his credit though since a lot of guys manage to screw it up.

They both are equal in my eyes but i always liked Eddie more and by the wayEddie won his world champioship at "no way out" in 2004

Eddie actually won his championship at Backlash from Brock Lesnar, he just came out to celebrate with Benoit after the win. Overall if I was to choose, I'd go with Benoit. He always made everything look so flawless. Who know's where his career would be today if not for what happened in 2007.

Eddie Guerrero actually won the wwe championship at no way out 2004 against Brock Lesner. He went into wrestlemania 20 as the wwe champion to defend against Kurt Angle successfully he then came out after Benoit's win to celebrate as both being champion and best freinds and all and living the moment together.
Having said that i agree with most people that it is a tough choice, as there both unique it's like saying who is the best between Undertaker & Kane or HHH & HBK, Austin & rock... Everyone got there own opinion, but im going to say Benoit based on the fact i was into him more as a wrestler I respected his career and accomplishments but not how he went out. Eddie went out a hero but what Benoit did ruined his credibility in the eyes of most and his selfishness now means he does not exists in the wrestling timeline and the younger fans cant see his greatness and as a fan of wrestling and Benoit fan it p!$$e$ me off but Guerrero was just as great and im glad people can still see his legacy maybe his daughter might carry his name on now as she signed to wwe developmental..... But may them both rest in piece.

Eddie wasn't a huge draw. Ratings on Smackdown with him as champion decreased. Benoit was always seem to me as better and more trustworthy. He was fighting for the title six months after his debut. Why didn't they have faith in Guerrero?

Why the fuck would Chris Benoit be any better then Eddie Guerrero in the ring? Guerrero was light years past Benoit in the ring; selling, storytelling and charisma. Benoit possessed one characteristic that made him a little different from Guerrero: agression. Sadly, agression isn't what gives me my weekly orgasm, charisma and storytelling do and Guerrero did that way better then Chris Benoit. Sure Benoit was gifted, but Eddie was on another level of gifted. Eddie could do al of the moves Benoit did and make them look ten times better. He could match Mysterio's style one night and match Batista's the next. Eddie Guerrero was a far better all around wrestler. Chris wasn't as amzaing as everyone made him out to be; agression is good and all but the dude totally lacked what it took for me to consider him anywhere near Guerrero's level.

I loved Eddie. But Chris was always my favorite. He made everything look so authentic! He could have a match with a broom and it would've been good.

Benoit headlined in MSG at WM20? LOL. You're reaching there. He happened to be in that match with HHH and HBK, two of the WWE's biggest draws ever. Benoit being on the card didn't sell any tickets. Saying that Benoit was a top draw because he headlined WM20 is like saying Ricky Steamboat was a top draw because marks liked his match in WM3. Not even close.

And the RR match is the selling point to the RR PPV. Not to mention the massive Lesnar/Big Show angle that was going at the time and, of course, the Undertaker's huge return to the rumble that year.

I loved Chris Benoit, but he was FAR from a top draw. His drawing power was constantly being called into question, and for damn good reason. He was a ring general, nobody is taking that away from him, but never a top draw.

Eddie Guerrero, on the other hand, was a top draw for a solid chunk of time. People would go from "the show looks okay" to "where do I buy tickets?" at the mention of Guerrero's name because he just had that it factor. The charisma, the charm, the guy that you want to pay to see. Guerrero had IT.

neither were top draws. what you gave is speculation. if you can prove eddie was the bigger draw i will concede. all i can tell you is that when benoit was fighting for the title at mania, me, my brother in law, all my family ordered the payperview in hopes to see him win it.when eddie was scheduled to face lesnar, we didnt give a shit. i could use that statement to say benoit was the bigger draw, but that would be speculation. if you say without proof eddie was the bigger draw, all you are giving is your opinion. which is what i gave.

I never liked Eddie. His gimmicks were lame and while his ring skills were good, I was never entertained by him. I know I'm a minority with this opinion but what can I say? Benoit just seemed more raw, and to me looked like he was working, not dancing. Eddie look so much more scrpited.

Benoit was the better wrestler hands down, but Eddie had more charisma and was the better entertainer. There was a reason Chris Jericho called him "Mr. Roboto" and Benoit could have very easily wound up stuck with a lame "let's make him entertaining by making him a total laughingstock" gimmick, a la Lance Storm.

I have to go with everybody else both guys had there strenghts and weakness. Benoit was wrestling gold in the ring and could put on 5-star matches with just about anybody, while Eddie was just awesome on the mike with the lying, cheating, stealing gimmick. Both guys were and are currently in my top five favorite wrestlers.

Why the fuck would Chris Benoit be any better then Eddie Guerrero in the ring? Guerrero was light years past Benoit in the ring; selling, storytelling and charisma. Benoit possessed one characteristic that made him a little different from Guerrero: agression. Sadly, agression isn't what gives me my weekly orgasm, charisma and storytelling do and Guerrero did that way better then Chris Benoit. Sure Benoit was gifted, but Eddie was on another level of gifted. Eddie could do al of the moves Benoit did and make them look ten times better. He could match Mysterio's style one night and match Batista's the next. Eddie Guerrero was a far better all around wrestler. Chris wasn't as amzaing as everyone made him out to be; agression is good and all but the dude totally lacked what it took for me to consider him anywhere near Guerrero's level.

You're damn stupid if you think Benoit didn't know storytelling. Go watch his match with Kane at Bad Blood and educate yourself. For all that charisma Eddie had, they booked him on a lower level than Benoit. Why is that?

You're damn stupid if you think Benoit didn't know storytelling. Go watch his match with Kane at Bad Blood and educate yourself. For all that charisma Eddie had, they booked him on a lower level than Benoit. Why is that?

Who the fuck said Benoit didn't know storytelling? I didn't. I said Guererro was better at it. Eddie was obviously booked lower because of his bad habbits and the fact that he left the company in 2001. He couldn't be trusted. But that shouldn't contribute to how good of a wrestler he was.

Both guys were great at what they did and they are missed. Benoit had the more successful career in terms of titles won. Eddie was way better on the mic and had more charisma. Both of them were excellent in the ring. It's pretty tough to pick just one since I liked them both, but I would have to say Benoit was the better of the two because he had the more impressive list of title reigns. That's a bigger indicator of superiority than charisma. They were both good in the ring with multiple styles, so something has to be the decision maker and that's why I'm going with the title reigns in Benoit's favor. Wish they were still around to help the future stars out....

Both were awesome. And I think even though Eddie was the total package, Benoit achieved more. He already was main eventing in WCW before he departed. When he won the RAW World title on Wrestlemania XX, against Michaels and HHH, it was a very big deal and he was definately at the height of his popularity. Way more than Eddie ever was.

I think some of you guys need to be educated on Benoit, Please watch the aftermatch of his match with Angle at RR2003, please watch how the entire crowd stood and cheered benoit, even those he lost, he left victorious. Fans loved Benoit, and when he won the title, people went crazy, infact i want you all to watch Shawn Michaels Enterance at WM20, because the MSG boos him, thats right, they boo the heart break kid. Guerrero had better mic skills, however ring skill, benoit had the edge on that, guerrero and benoit had about the same charisma, people loved them both, So I cant choose,

Benoit by a mile. I'll tell you why.

Chris Benoit was one of the only technical wrestlers in history who could convince the audience he could hurt his opponent. Bret Hart was skilled, Guerrero could do all the moves, Jericho has all the talent in the world, but not one of those three had the intensity that Benoit had. He was so violent and intense while still being skilled. It made him one of the most believable wrestlers in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back