• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CHIKARA to Feature Manami Toyota's US Wrestling Debut

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
toyotasusdebut.jpg

The graphic says it all. September 18-Baltimore, MD. September 19-Brooklyn, NY. Don’t miss out-GET YOUR TICKETS NOW! Get them at the “Store” section of CHIKARApro.com. 9/18 tickets are $20 plus shipping, 9/19 tickets are $25 plus shipping, which for most should only be $1.

More details are being worked out, so keep an eye on CHIKARApro.com for updates.

Don’t miss what might be your only chance outside of Japan to see the greatest woman wrestler ever!

Awesomeness. I realize this thread will likely appeal to maybe three, maybe four people on this entire damn forum, but I just thought this was such a cool bit of news that I had to make this thread to bring it to people's attention if they didn't know. For those that don't know Manami Toyota, she's basically the Japanese women's wrestling equivalent to Chris Benoit or Ric Flair---she's considered the best worker, ever in that department. Not sure if I could disagree either (though Megumi Kudo might). This is her first ever trip to the US, and I can't wait to see what happens, especially in a CHIKARA environment. Hopefully they can match her up with someone like Lacey or Daizee Haze, we could get a classic on our hands. This is basically the equivalent of Kenta Kobashi coming to ROH a few years back for those that are clueless about joshi.

Awesome news and I can't wait to see the show when it comes out on DVD. Definitely highly recommend anyone to check out this CHIKARA show if they're in the area and want to see the greatest female professional wrestler to ever live. Tired of divas who couldn't wrestle if their lives depended on it? Come see Manami Toyota!

This is really awesome I saw one of her matches recently and I was blown away by her work. I wish I could see a match between her or Awesome Kong but I doubt thats whats going to happen. Also I read she is going to face Claudio and Sara del ray or Daize in some type of match not so sure. But its going to be awesome noneless.

I consider Toyota to be the best women's wrestler/entertainer ever; even better than Trish Stratus. Her psychology, her selling, and her ability to draw you into a match and make you believe in her character is legendary in joshi puro... redefining really.

Honestly, I would have much rather have seen Toyota debut in SHIMMER; that would have been allot more fitting than CHIKARA. I'm sure Dave Prazak is probably kicking himself for letting such an opprotunity slip through his fingers.

Either way, I'm still going to check out the match regardless of whom she's paired with. Crazy Daisy would be fine, as would Death Rey, or Mercedes Martinez; however, I would prefer her match to be against Cheerleader Melissa or MsChif.

A match of that caliber would be huge, as both of those girls can work the American style and the Japanese style very well... as can Toyota.

Great topic X, honestly I wouldn't have even heard about this until... well September.

Apparently she and Mike Quackenbush are taking on Sara Del Ray and Claudio Castagnoli on the 19th and She's wrestling Daizee Haze on the 18th (which I'm INSANELY excited about). I had one of those seeing god moments when I realized this would be happening plus, I almost always enjoy what CHIKARA has to offer so I can't wait to see this DVD.

Cannot wait to see both matches they've booked for her, so glad they're having her mix it up with some men as well with Quack and Claudio being involved, also greatly looking forward to the Haze match as that's exactly the match-up I was hoping to see booked, both women should have a damn fine match is my guess.

Looking forward to picking up this DVD for sure once it's released, this and Glory By Honor have September looking like a great month for indy wrestling.

I'm not going to lie and say I've seen Toyota but I've been trusting X's wrestling opinions more and more.

I love Chikara and with X's hype and the tag team match featuring my personal favorite, Claudio, and a singles match with Del Ray, I'm excited for her arrival. I always love Japanese imports and this has promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back