CHIKARA "High Noon" iPPV

The Bearded One

Love is not admissable evidence.
CHIKARA is having its first ever internet pay-per-view November 13 with "High Noon." There are several matches announced for the show so far and the card is coming along nicely. I'm really looking forward to it as I have really gotten into CHIKARA a lot this year. Not only will "High Noon" be CHIKARA's first ever iPPV, but the promotion will crown its first ever Grand Champion as well. There was a two-block, round robin tournament that began in May to determine the two wrestlers who will battle it out to become the Grand Champion, and those two wrestlers are "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush and "The War King" Eddie Kingston. I think that is going to be a great match and there couldn't be two better wrestlers on the roster to wrestle to determine CHIKARA's first Grand Champion.

Here is the rest of the card so far:

No Disqualification Tag War

The Spectral Envoy (UltraMantis Black and Hallowicked) vs The BDK (Ares and Tim Donst)

Gregory Iron vs Icarus

Green Ant vs Tursas

Colt Cabana vs Archibald Peck

Pre-show match on CHIKARA's UStream

El Generico vs Jigsaw

Also, Amasis is going to address the future of the Osirian Portal.

If you are someone who has been wanting to get into CHIKARA but never knew where to start, or someone who is just looking for something different, "High Noon" is a great place to enter into the CHIKARMY. It's only $15 so it's not that big of an investment, and I can guarantee it's going to be one of the most fun shows you will ever see.

Here is the latest update on "High Noon" from CHIKARA:

[YOUTUBE]eFLSX2e2FM4[/YOUTUBE]

unfortunatly this thread probably wont garner many responses...which is very sad when you consider how many people use this forum...It would be great for people to get talking about the indy scene once again but i digress...

The card looks like a typical chikara card but it should be great anyway. The tag war will more than likely be the highlight of the show but i think the match that appeals to me the most is the pre show match between generico and jigsaw. Another plus is having cabana on the card, the guy is guaranteed to entertain and it should be a great show all round.

I dont know if i will be purchasing it, i will have to wait till the day to see if im in a rasslin' mood but i will deffinatly be checking it out sometime.

Crazy excited. I think the show will be great.

King vs Quack has potential to be a flawless match. I'm not a giant Eddie Kingston fan but in this situation I prefer him to win the title. He wasn't my pick to win it overall (Sara del Rey!) but I like him for this match. I hope he drops to Death Rey next year, but that's for another thread. Quack vs King will probably be off the hook incredible and the win will be a historic Chikara moment. Can't wait.

Spectral Envoy vs BDK sounds awesome, I'm a big UMB fan. It'd be great if he and Hallowicked could pick up the win and start a march toward the Campeonatos de Parejas.

I have a soft spot for Gregory Iron - he came up through a local indy fed here in Cleveland and I've loved him since the first time I saw him. He had some epic wars with Johnny Gargano here in Cleveland, and it's great to see him on the big stage. I'd LOVE to see that feud reprised in Chikara and I hope Iron vs Icarus is the first step. Gargano interference perhaps?

Green Ant vs Tursas has tons of potential, as I think this is definitely the moment for Green Ant to get the big win over the big guy and have his defining moment.

Cabana and Peck wrestled earlier this year and it was great. I'm very confident they'll be great again.

Also, El Generico vs Jigsaw is pre-show? Are you kidding me? That's main event material on any other show. If nothing else, watch that shit. Should be off the chain.

I'd love it if Amasis told us he was healthy and ready to return but it seems unlikely. I think this will be his blessing to Ophidian and Hiearacon (not sure how to spell his name) to carry on as a regular tag team.

Overall I'm very excited for this show. I think there have to be a few more matches on the card. There's a distinct lack of the Campeonatos de Parejas (Johnny Gargano and Chuck Taylor) and Sara del Rey. I believe del Rey challenged Hammermeir to a match recently, so that might happen. I'm not 100% if anyone has 3 points to challenge the tag champs, but a non title FIST vs Colony would be great.

Crazy excited. I think the show will be great.

King vs Quack has potential to be a flawless match. I'm not a giant Eddie Kingston fan but in this situation I prefer him to win the title. He wasn't my pick to win it overall (Sara del Rey!) but I like him for this match. I hope he drops to Death Rey next year, but that's for another thread. Quack vs King will probably be off the hook incredible and the win will be a historic Chikara moment. Can't wait.

Spectral Envoy vs BDK sounds awesome, I'm a big UMB fan. It'd be great if he and Hallowicked could pick up the win and start a march toward the Campeonatos de Parejas.

I have a soft spot for Gregory Iron - he came up through a local indy fed here in Cleveland and I've loved him since the first time I saw him. He had some epic wars with Johnny Gargano here in Cleveland, and it's great to see him on the big stage. I'd LOVE to see that feud reprised in Chikara and I hope Iron vs Icarus is the first step. Gargano interference perhaps?

Green Ant vs Tursas has tons of potential, as I think this is definitely the moment for Green Ant to get the big win over the big guy and have his defining moment.

Cabana and Peck wrestled earlier this year and it was great. I'm very confident they'll be great again.

Also, El Generico vs Jigsaw is pre-show? Are you kidding me? That's main event material on any other show. If nothing else, watch that shit. Should be off the chain.

I'd love it if Amasis told us he was healthy and ready to return but it seems unlikely. I think this will be his blessing to Ophidian and Hiearacon (not sure how to spell his name) to carry on as a regular tag team.

Overall I'm very excited for this show. I think there have to be a few more matches on the card. There's a distinct lack of the Campeonatos de Parejas (Johnny Gargano and Chuck Taylor) and Sara del Rey. I believe del Rey challenged Hammermeir to a match recently, so that might happen. I'm not 100% if anyone has 3 points to challenge the tag champs, but a non title FIST vs Colony would be great.

I think Kingston winning the Grand Championship would be the perfect emotional moment to close out "High Noon." I love me some Eddie Kingston and I would love to see a title defense against Sara Del Rey to kick off the 2012 season, but that's just one man's dream.

I'm really looking forward to the Spectral Envoy vs Ares and Donst. Donst is one of my favorite wrestlers in CHIKARA and I find him so entertaining. He plays the perfect heel in my opinion and I just love booing him. The only heel (or should I say rudo?) in CHIKARA better than him is Icarus, but they are both great. I'd love to see UMB and Hallowicked get a title shot in the future.

I sadly don't think the CdP will be defended at "High Noon." DGUSA is having an iPPV that night ("High Noon" starts at 4 Eastern, DGUSA starts at 8) and Gargano is going to main event the DGUSA and challenge YAMATO for the Open the Freedom Gate Title. CHIKARA is in Philly and DGUSA is in New York, so it wouldn't be impossible for Chucky T and Gargano to make the trip if they're in the opening match of "High Noon," but I doubt DGUSA would be willing to risk Gargano not being able to make it or, even worse, suffer an injury. Hopefully CHIKARA will have some kind of something planned instead, like a trios match or a four-way tag match. But I don't expect FIST to defend the CdP at "High Noon."

I think Kingston winning the Grand Championship would be the perfect emotional moment to close out "High Noon." I love me some Eddie Kingston and I would love to see a title defense against Sara Del Rey to kick off the 2012 season, but that's just one man's dream.

I'm really looking forward to the Spectral Envoy vs Ares and Donst. Donst is one of my favorite wrestlers in CHIKARA and I find him so entertaining. He plays the perfect heel in my opinion and I just love booing him. The only heel (or should I say rudo?) in CHIKARA better than him is Icarus, but they are both great. I'd love to see UMB and Hallowicked get a title shot in the future.

I sadly don't think the CdP will be defended at "High Noon." DGUSA is having an iPPV that night ("High Noon" starts at 4 Eastern, DGUSA starts at 8) and Gargano is going to main event the DGUSA and challenge YAMATO for the Open the Freedom Gate Title. CHIKARA is in Philly and DGUSA is in New York, so it wouldn't be impossible for Chucky T and Gargano to make the trip if they're in the opening match of "High Noon," but I doubt DGUSA would be willing to risk Gargano not being able to make it or, even worse, suffer an injury. Hopefully CHIKARA will have some kind of something planned instead, like a trios match or a four-way tag match. But I don't expect FIST to defend the CdP at "High Noon."

I wondered if Gargano was occupied elsewhere, so that makes sense. Bit of a shame but you can't blame him, as one of the hottest commodities on the indies it makes more sense to main event a big PPV for a bigger company than to defend a title in the middle of the card on a different PPV. I'm quite excited to know about that PPV though, I'm definitely doubling up, try to get back into DGUSA, especially for my hometown hero Johnny Gargano. Is Chuck Taylor still available, or is he working DG USA as well? I know they've got the Ronin stable with Rich Swann up there. I'm still hoping that 2012 sees a Gargano vs Gregory Iron feud in Chikara, people would eat up what these two can do together.

I really think Sara should be Grand Champion in 2012. Chikara's appeal is in its off beat nature, and establishing its Grand Championship as something different than all the other promotions' singles titles is something that ought to be priority. Giving it to a woman would be awesome for that. Plus she's so incredibly awesome, regardless of her gender, she's still one of the best wrestlers on the roster period, and she definitely deserves it.

I wondered if Gargano was occupied elsewhere, so that makes sense. Bit of a shame but you can't blame him, as one of the hottest commodities on the indies it makes more sense to main event a big PPV for a bigger company than to defend a title in the middle of the card on a different PPV. I'm quite excited to know about that PPV though, I'm definitely doubling up, try to get back into DGUSA, especially for my hometown hero Johnny Gargano. Is Chuck Taylor still available, or is he working DG USA as well? I know they've got the Ronin stable with Rich Swann up there. I'm still hoping that 2012 sees a Gargano vs Gregory Iron feud in Chikara, people would eat up what these two can do together.

I'm also thinking about doubling up, but last time I ordered a DGUSA iPPV, the feed didn't work. It wasn't their fault; it had something to do with the venue. The problem is that they're in the same venue this time as well, so I'm hesitant about ordering it. Chuck Taylor is signed to appear on the show, but hasn't been put in a match yet. I expect him and Rich Swann to team up against some variation of the Blood Warriors who don't have a match yet. Chuck Taylor and Rich Swann vs CIMA and Akira Tozawa sounds amazing. But with the DGUSA iPPV taking place on the same day, I don't see Gargano and Taylor defendin the CdP at "High Noon." I would love to see the Colony vs The Throwbacks vs 3.0 vs The Batiri or something along those lines.

I really think Sara should be Grand Champion in 2012. Chikara's appeal is in its off beat nature, and establishing its Grand Championship as something different than all the other promotions' singles titles is something that ought to be priority. Giving it to a woman would be awesome for that. Plus she's so incredibly awesome, regardless of her gender, she's still one of the best wrestlers on the roster period, and she definitely deserves it.

I agree. Sara Del Rey is amazing. I think having her become the second Grand Champion would be perfect to differentiate CHIKARA from all the other indies. I would like to see Kingston get a good reign with the belt first, but I definitely think Sara Del Rey will be a future Grand Champion.

The stakes have risen for the No Disqualification tag team match between UltraMantis Black and Hallowicked vs Ares and Tim Donst. Each wrestler has something to lose if they are the one who loses the match for team. Whoever takes the pinfall, submission or whatever has to lose something important to them. UltraMantis Black and Hallowicked have put their masks on the line. Ares puts the Eye of Tyr on the line. Tim Donst has put his hair on the line in this match. A huge match just got even bigger. I can't wait for "High Noon."

I honestly can't see this match ending in any way other than UltraMantis Black pinning Ares to take control of the Eye of Tyr.

Huge, huge stipulation. If I'm not mistaken UMB and Hallowicked have been masked since Chikara's opening night. I think the logical conclusion to the match is definitely UMB pinning Ares and taking the Eye of Tyr. This is a resolution nearly three years in coming. I will be shocked beyond belief if UMB and Hallowicked lose their masks and I don't really think it's possible, but Chikara, hopefully, can play this so the drama is high until the very end. Altogether this stipulation makes this a main event worthy match.

Actually, now that I say that, I hope this isn't too indicative of the future of Chikara. The thing is, the Grand Championship match is probably going to main event the show...but should it? This match is almost indisputably a bigger deal storyline wise. Do Quack and Eddie have any real reason to wrestle other than the Grand Championship? Not really. I'm worried that in the future, we're going to see Grand Championship matches main eventing for no better reason than they're the title match. I just hope that Chikara retains its focus on storyline instead of traditional title matches. Honestly, if it were up to me, I would put UMB & Hallowicked vs Ares and Donst on last.

Huge, huge stipulation. If I'm not mistaken UMB and Hallowicked have been masked since Chikara's opening night. I think the logical conclusion to the match is definitely UMB pinning Ares and taking the Eye of Tyr. This is a resolution nearly three years in coming. I will be shocked beyond belief if UMB and Hallowicked lose their masks and I don't really think it's possible, but Chikara, hopefully, can play this so the drama is high until the very end. Altogether this stipulation makes this a main event worthy match.

Actually, now that I say that, I hope this isn't too indicative of the future of Chikara. The thing is, the Grand Championship match is probably going to main event the show...but should it? This match is almost indisputably a bigger deal storyline wise. Do Quack and Eddie have any real reason to wrestle other than the Grand Championship? Not really. I'm worried that in the future, we're going to see Grand Championship matches main eventing for no better reason than they're the title match. I just hope that Chikara retains its focus on storyline instead of traditional title matches. Honestly, if it were up to me, I would put UMB & Hallowicked vs Ares and Donst on last.

I think the Grand Championship match deserves to go on last. This entire season of CHIKARA has been built around the "12 Large: Summit" and the eventual crowning of the promotion's first ever Grand Champion. Sure, the tag team match has a whole lot more storyline behind it, and it even changed the direction of the company with the BDK, but the feud hasn't been as important this season as it had been in previous ones. In fact, I would say UltraMantis Black and Hallowicked have been more involved with Sinn Bodhi and the Batiri more than they have been with the BDK so far this season. I know that's a direct effect of the Eye of Tyr storyline, but to me the Grand Championship is more important on this night.

I hope they treat the Grand Championship like they do the CdP. It can main event shows, but doesn't always have to. I would have Grand Championship matches main event the first couple of shows it's defended on just to build up its importance even more, but then I would put the most important matches storyline wise in the main event after that.

2points2points.jpg

This is going to rule. In CHIKARA, a tag team has to have three points to compete for the titles. A team gets points by winning matches, but loses all of their points if they lose a match. Both the Colony and the Young Bucks have two points, so whoever wins this will basically be the number one contenders to FIST's titles, while the losers go home without any points. This match is going to be all kinds of awesome. I'm a big fan of both teams and this match is a great addition to the show. I'm taking the Young Bucks in this one, as I really want to see them wrestle Chuck Taylor and Johnny Gargano for the CdP.

I'm really getting more and more excited for this show with every announced match.

Count me in as extremely excited for this show. I am a HUGE CHIKARA fan, having seen them live many times across the Mid-West the past few years. I attended the show a couple of summers ago where Bryan Danielson fought Eddie Kingston. After the match, Danielson said "THIS is PG done right" and truer words have never been spoken. ANYONE who think PG doesn't work in wrestling should check out CHIKARA. I even recently bought the CHIKARA game and it's just as awesome as you would expect. I agree that Eddie Kingston is the right choice for Grand Champion. I also expect Delirious to break free from the BDK on this show. IMO CHIKARA might be the hottest fed going right now.

This is going to rule. In CHIKARA, a tag team has to have three points to compete for the titles. A team gets points by winning matches, but loses all of their points if they lose a match. Both the Colony and the Young Bucks have two points, so whoever wins this will basically be the number one contenders to FIST's titles, while the losers go home without any points. This match is going to be all kinds of awesome. I'm a big fan of both teams and this match is a great addition to the show. I'm taking the Young Bucks in this one, as I really want to see them wrestle Chuck Taylor and Johnny Gargano for the CdP.

I'm really getting more and more excited for this show with every announced match.

I'm with you on this one. I'm going to go with TYB, because I'd love to see them take on Taylor/Gargano! I SERIOUSLY cannot wait for this show! I wish more people would give Chikara and PWG a go... It's just so much fun to watch...

I was on the fence over this show or getting Freedom Fight, and then I saw Eddie Kingston's last promo. Just wow. That sold me on the show, just for that match alone. Also, where can I find the rest of the card?

I was on the fence over this show or getting Freedom Fight, and then I saw Eddie Kingston's last promo. Just wow. That sold me on the show, just for that match alone. Also, where can I find the rest of the card?

Kingston's promo is one of the best I've ever seen. I literally got goosebumps and I almost cried, and I can't say that has ever been the case for any wrestling promo. If it wasn't for CM Punk's amazing summer of promos, Kingston would easily have the best one of the year. Even with Punk's promos, Kingston is still giving him a run for his money. It was such a passionate promo and I truly believed every single word he said, and that passion is why I'm a big Eddie Kingston fan.

As for the rest of the card, here it is:

Grand Championship
Eddie Kingston vs Mike Quackenbush

No DQ Tag Team Match
UltraMantis Black and Hallowicked vs Ares and Tim Donst

Fire Ant and Soldier Ant vs The Young Bucks

Gregory Iron vs Icarus

Green Ant vs Tursas

Sara Del Rey vs Jakob Hammermeier

Colt Cabana vs Archibald Peck

Amasis is going to address the future of the Osirian Portal.

Also, on the Pre-show-A-Go-Go, which is free on CHIKARA's uStream page, El Generico will take on Jigsaw.

It's an absolutely loaded card and will be one of the most fun shows of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back