Chicago Region, Third Round: (8) British Bulldogs vs. (9) Brain Busters

Who Wins This Matchup?

• British Bulldogs

• Brain Busters

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the Chicago Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Rosemont Horizon.

4025414292_5c4bda57d1.jpg

tt-bulldogs01st-2.jpg

8. British Bulldogs

Vs.

94dbe7b6c53d70813cf30fe77a58e3e2.jpg

9. Brain Busters

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for FOUR days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

I'm going to give my vote to Arn and Tully. The Bulldogs are always mentioned as overrated, I'm not here to argue that. I know each team had one run in the WWF as champs, and the Bulldogs had two runs in Stampede to match The Brain Busters two runs as NWA/WCW champs. Someone like Brain or Lariat will have to clarify when those title changed organizations, but the accolades are fairly close. That said, Arn and Tully were very good heels and with help from Dillon or even Heenan depending on what time frame you want to use, I think the heels pull out a sneaky win in a winner take all match.

This is my all time dream match when it comes to tag teams. Their WWF careers just barely overlapped. The Bulldogs were on the way out just as the Busters were coming in. Missed my dream match probably by a matter of only weeks. I think The Brain Busters would win this one. They would bump like crazy for The Bulldogs and I think it would be an incredibly fun match to watch. In the end I see The Busters outsmarting The Bulldogs. They would win by either Arn's foot on Tully's ass while Tully holds Dynamite down or by the illegal man hiding his head from the ref while covering his opponent after blindsiding him.

The one thing The British Bulldogs lack as a tag team? Intelligence. Not to say Davey Boy and Dynamite Kid were stupid, but they were all about using their power and agility as opposed to outwitting you in the ring.

This plays right into Arn and Tully's hands. They were MASTERS at using their mental acumen to outsmart you. It also helps this team had two of the all time great managers a their beckon call. Use either one of them and they'd help The Brainbusters win.

Even if Jimmy Hart were at ringside with the Bulldogs (he used to manage them back in the day), they'd still end up on the short-end of an international object to the forehead and a 1-2-3.

Brainbusters move on.

One of the great dream matches that we never got to see -- this would be one of the highlights of the tournament. I tend to agree that when measured up, the Bulldogs fall just short of the top rung of the greatest tag teams ever. They just didn't have the staying power, mainly due to personal problems. Oddly enough, they were together longer than even Anderson and Blanchard, but The Brain Busters accomplished more together by virtue of their association with The Four Horsemen, and then finally, their jump to the WWF. Looking at where both teams were in their prime, I think the Brain Busters would've gotten the win. The Bulldogs built up their reputation in putting on great matches -- but a lot of the time it was in losing efforts.

Winners: The Brain Busters

This would be a great match up since these two would have but the brainbusters come out ahead do to sneaky tactics. They would find a way to win.

Brain and Lariat summed this up pretty well. Arn and Tully were brilliant together, not just from a talent perspective but they were literally brilliant. One thing that team could do is outsmart any tag team they ever came in contact with and could come up with some very original and downright intelligent ways to win a match. They had a huge bag of small tricks that they would use to get the upper hand and win a match and it was often something simple as Arn covering his head during the pinfall so the ref didn't notice the legal man (Tully) wasn't actually in the ring.

The Bulldogs on the other hand were a great tag team, a perfect mix of power and agility coupled in with tremendous wrestling ability. With that said they had to rely on those 3 tools to get the job done in the ring which would often be enough, but against a team that has gotten the best of power teams (Demolition), agile teams (The Rockers) and a mix of both (Hart Foundation), all by using their mental acumen. With that said I don't see any reason why they wouldn't pull it off here against the Bulldogs.

Don't get me wrong, this would be an awesome match, near the end of the match it would point to the Bulldogs finishing them off but at the last second Arn and Tully would pull some of their tag magic and find a way to win. It's what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back