Cheap WWE DVDs, what's worth it?

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Got a shop that re-sells DVDs between £3 and £10 pending on quality or if they have special extras with them. I don't know the prices of all of these, but which WWE DVDs would be worth the spending under the price range?

• Wrestlemania XX
  • Wrestlemania XXIV
  • Royal Rumble 2003
  • No Way Out 2003
  • Backlash 2005
  • Judgment Day 2003
  • Judgment Day 2005
  • Summerslam 2008 (Metal Package)
  • Unforgiven 2005
  • Unforgiven 2008
  • Taboo Tuesday 2004
  • Survivor Series 2003
  • Survivor Series 2005
  • Survivor Series 2007
  • Shawn Michaels: From The Vault
  • Triple H: King of Kings

Think those were the main ones, can't remember anymore out of the top of my head. So far, the main two that stick out for me is No Way Out 03 and Wrestlemania XX.

But opinions? KB?

Triple H's DVD is the only one that I own from the list above. Not a big Triple H fan, but it was a gift. It was definitely a good watch, so I'd recommend that one. You can't go wrong with either of the WM.

I'd just go to TNAShop.com, and buy the Brown Bag Special. 4 DVDs and a T-Shirt for $20.

There's a load of DVDs under $10 also.

From the Vault definitely, I was just watching it yesterday, and I think I like it more than HB&T...maybe.

Oh and Rumble 03. There's an A+ match with Benoit and Angle on there that might be in my top 5 matches ever. Also there's the total comedy that is Steiner vs. HHH.

Oh didn't see Mania XX. That's a pretty good show as well.

Yeah, I thought about that and I just checked your review of Survivor Series 07, reminded me of some good bouts there.

So that's recommended:
From The Vault
Wrestlemania XX
Survivor Series 07
Rumble 03

Is No Way Out 03 good? I know a lot of people raved about it but then you got the botchfest that is Triple H/Steiner II in it. You should a Review on No Way Out/Elimination Chamber, KB

Okie dokie, will give a look up tomorrow.

Any other opinions or views to add? KB or others?

Summerslam 08 is worth getting just off the final 2 matches (Cena/Batista and Taker/Edge HIAC). The rest of the card isn't so great. And the Trips DVD is decent as well.

The rest of the shows are pretty bad. JD 05 has the pretty good Cena vs. JBL Mania rematch but that's not worth buying a whole show for. Mania 24 is worth getting because it's Wrestlemania.

I'd be very interested in your Top 5 ever matches, KB.

Oh geez I knew I shouldn't have said that. Favorites, not best mind you and with about 30 seconds of thinking so something is left out I'm sure. And the order will change the next time I see any of these.

5. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit - Royal Rumble 2003. If you aren't impressed by this, stop watching wrestling as it's never going to get beter in mat work.

4. Cactus Jack vs. HHH - Royal Rumble 2000. Just freaking brutality and you legitimately thought Cactus could win.

3. WarGames - Sting's Squadron vs. Dangerous Alliance - WrestleWar 1992. My favorite gimmick match and the one that is by far and away the best ever.

2. Sting vs. Cactus Jack: Beach Blast 1992. My two favorite wrestlers ever in possibly the most brutal match in WCW history at that time and one of the most in history. I legitimately thought Cactus was dead after he hit the concrete.

1. Shawn Michaels vs. Shelton Benjamin - Monday Night Raw: May 2, 2005. Still the biggest mark out for an ending I've ever had. Amazing psychology also.

Wow nothing from Mania.

Oh geez I knew I shouldn't have said that. Favorites, not best mind you and with about 30 seconds of thinking so something is left out I'm sure. And the order will change the next time I see any of these.

5. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit - Royal Rumble 2003. If you aren't impressed by this, stop watching wrestling as it's never going to get beter in mat work.

4. Cactus Jack vs. HHH - Royal Rumble 2000. Just freaking brutality and you legitimately thought Cactus could win.

3. WarGames - Sting's Squadron vs. Dangerous Alliance - WrestleWar 1992. My favorite gimmick match and the one that is by far and away the best ever.

2. Sting vs. Cactus Jack: Beach Blast 1992. My two favorite wrestlers ever in possibly the most brutal match in WCW history at that time and one of the most in history. I legitimately thought Cactus was dead after he hit the concrete.

1. Shawn Michaels vs. Shelton Benjamin - Monday Night Raw: May 2, 2005. Still the biggest mark out for an ending I've ever had. Amazing psychology also.

Wow nothing from Mania.

Good boy.

Love this match. Just if Shelton could bring it like he did against HBK and he'd be a world champ. Though my love for Shelton will never change.

Solid list. I think I've seen all except the Cactus/Sting match. I'll have to check that out sometime

Just keep two things in mind when you watch it.

1. It's non-title and for once that's fine because it's just a straight grudge match.

2. It's 1992. This predates ECW by over a year.

I went with Rumble 03, Wrestlemania XX and From The Vault. They didn't have WMXXIV anymore or SS07.

Got Rumble 03 on right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back