Cheap Plug Alert!

Барбоса

doesn't know REAL wrestling...
As much as such publicising of my own name on the forums and begging people to part with their hard-earned/inherited/stolen cash causes he almost physical pain, I am somewhat contractually obliged to say that if you are in need of a Christmas present for your dad, grandad, brother, friend or anyone interested in history or are just interested for yourself, check out my book

https://www.facebook.com/warofthethreegods

Available from all good online book stores and major retailers!

And some rubbish ones too.

Eh, I feel dirty.

27 dollars? What am I, made of money?

Well, I'm not, but I'll shamelessly take advantage of my family and tell people to buy this for me for the holiday.

I might have asked you this in the past, but any plans for a digital edition?

Peter Crawford is a disappointing name for someone like you. I was expecting something much more unique and imposing like Sebastian Mountbatten.

27 dollars? What am I, made of money?

Well, I'm not, but I'll shamelessly take advantage of my family and tell people to buy this for me for the holiday.

I might have asked you this in the past, but any plans for a digital edition?

I have not heard anything specific but it is part of the contract I signed and most of the other books released by my publisher have made their way to e-book format.

Actually, I think there is a button that people can press on Amazon, certainly the UK version, to send a note to the publisher that you would like to see a Kindle version.

This works out phenomenally. My mother in law wasn't sure what to get me for Christmas.

I shall use this to my advantage.

Edit: Damn guys, don't buy all the fucking copies. Already temporarily out of stock on Amazon.

Барбоса;4697515 said:
Strangely, I have yet to see it in any shop even though it appears on virtually all the major book-seller websites.

I think I heard tell of Waterstones having a copy in somewhere but that might have been a myth.

I had a book out last year and getting into easons was a no go. Self-published and local, so they wouldn't touch it. Same with Dubray. Guess the chains want it everywhere if it has to be anywhere.

Can only assume you're on a mildly larger scale. Best of luck with it, complete stranger, pal. I'll mention it to a friend who always buys his brother a history book for christmas. Who knows.

Oh, hold on - it's not about the troubles... now it makes sense :p

Indeed. The number of godawful Irish 'history' books on sale in this country is unbelievable.

This works out phenomenally. My mother in law wasn't sure what to get me for Christmas.

I shall use this to my advantage.

Edit: Damn guys, don't buy all the fucking copies. Already temporarily out of stock on Amazon.

I would have given the advice that Americans get when they cannot get things in their country - Go to Canada - but apparently it is not released there until Christmas Eve Eve.

I had a book out last year and getting into easons was a no go. Self-published and local, so they wouldn't touch it. Same with Dubray. Guess the chains want it everywhere if it has to be anywhere.

Can only assume you're on a mildly larger scale. Best of luck with it, complete stranger, pal. I'll mention it to a friend who always buys his brother a history book for christmas. Who knows.

My publisher seems to work something more akin to a warehouse than through distribution to book stores. Any one that asks for it will get copies but they do not seem to send their products out in any numbers, probably looking to limit costs and gauge true interest before making a larger print.

Its lack of presence in Easons is not helped by their aversion to almost anything historical but not Irish based.

I don't blame people for waiting for the e-book as they can be significantly cheaper than the hardback.

In fact, if you look at the other ancient history books from the same publisher you can see reductions of almost 90% on the e-books.

A quick thank you to any of you who bought a copy of my book. From the looks of things, it has done pretty well, especially on the far side of the Pond.

Just to make myself feel even dirtier, due to that success, for any North Americans who were put off by the original price tag, there is a second print coming out, through an American publisher in September at what seems to be a reduced price.

Still no word on an e-book before any of you ask.

https://www.facebook.com/warofthethreegods

Барбоса;4697461 said:
As much as such publicising of my own name on the forums and begging people to part with their hard-earned/inherited/stolen cash causes he almost physical pain, I am somewhat contractually obliged to say that if you are in need of a Christmas present for your dad, grandad, brother, friend or anyone interested in history or are just interested for yourself,

*Ahem*

I forget the last time I asked, is it available on Kindle yet?

EDIT: I should read the whole thread before asking questions. I NEED YOU TO GET ON THIS BARBS. My terpidation has othing to do with cost, Only just that I dont really deal in actual physical books anymore. Effeciency, the name of the game.

I always think this thread says "Cheap PUG alert" and rush to click on it.

However, the kindle thing is solid news. Does it matter that its on amazon UK and i live in yankee land?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back