Chad Ochocinco Signs With The Dolphins

PlayTheGame

The Cerebral Assassin
According to ESPN.com. I think it's actually a good fit.

Keep in mind the Dolphins are void of a #1 WR (and any good ones, for that matter), so Ochocinco has the potential to slide right into that role and be the focal point, something you know he likes. Could be a good place to have a rebound year. Combine that with the fact that he's a Miami native, and you have an even better fit.

And I don't think the Dolphins signed him purely just to add a WR. They signed Ochocinco for a reason. Don't forget they're hosting Hard Knocks this season, and Ocho would be a great star for them for the show, and is certainly comfortable around reality shows.

Like I said, numerous factors that seem to show it works out for both sides. We'll see, though, if it actually works out on the field. That could go either way. Sure, Ocho probably still has the talent, but he is getting older and last year was absolutely atrocious for him. And no matter what, the Dolphins will be marginally good at best this year and in the coming years.

I say Ocho has a decent year and turns out to be their #1 guy. But the Dolphins won't have much success. But Chad will probably be happy, as it's quite obvious that his attention isn't really on the field or on winning anymore, just getting paid and living his life (which isn't terrible, but not exactly a guy you're dying to have on your team).

Still gonna finish under .500. Being a Jets fan, there is no chance in hell of them beating us. Besides Ocho is 34, way past his prime and hes not getting any better.

I love OchoCinco, and I love that he'll be on Hard Knocks again.

However, him being a #1 Wide Receiver is a recipe for a bad wide receiving corps. He simply isn't what he used to be.

Contrary to what Nick said, Ocho was really good in his prime. His route running was among the best in the NFL and he had enough big-play ability to be among the best WR in the league. Now he's best suited as a decoy and occasional target.

Hard Knocks was really settling by choosing the Dolphins. The Dolphins know they are going nowhere fast, so they decided to create some buzz by accepting H.K.'s in, something that not many teams want to do these days for obvious reasons.

One thing Ocho is good for is being somewhat interesting to watch. Without him, what or who would've been featured on H.K.'s? The exciting QB battle between Tannehill/Garrard/Moore? I don't even know. At least the show has a star now. I wouldn't be surprised if Hard Knocks is paying for Ocho's contract. All $500 of it.

Overrated doesn't mean he sucks :shrug:

However, he was never worth the hype that came along with him. He was one of the most talked about athletes on the planet for some time, and really didn't deserve the attention. He had a few good seasons, that's it. The numbers speak truth, ladies and germs.

I heard that she probably will be featured on it. There's even a rumor going around that her being married to Tannehill is a part of the reason why the Dolphins opted to draft him in the first place (knowing they'd be on Hard Knocks and have to create compelling characters), but that rumor may be reaching a bit.

It would be interesting to know why New England dropped him. I'm talking about the real reason, not the usual "He did everything we asked of him but we've decided to go in another direction" line of garbage.

Two other questions stand out: Why did they sign him in the first place?....and, since they did sign him, why was he used so infrequently?

Of course, if it's up to Bill Belichick to fill in the details, we'll never get an answer, but do any of you have an idea?

It would be interesting to know why New England dropped him. I'm talking about the real reason, not the usual "He did everything we asked of him but we've decided to go in another direction" line of garbage.

Two other questions stand out: Why did they sign him in the first place?....and, since they did sign him, why was he used so infrequently?

Of course, if it's up to Bill Belichick to fill in the details, we'll never get an answer, but do any of you have an idea?

I read an article (either Yahoo! Or Grantland) the other day that said he never could pick up the option route offense and click with Brady. He worked hard, still has athletic skills and was a good teammate but too set in his ways on the field.

It didn't help that Welker and Gronkowski produced so much.

GO BILLS!

The offense is really complicated, I think that's what it came down to.

Ocho probably kept his knowledge of the Cincy playbook to a minimum, just learning the #1 receiver routes and what not.

Entering N.E., he had to pick up the whole offense out of thin air and had to know multiple spots, because they could've (and did) plugged him in anywhere.

He just never got a firm grasp, and thus couldn't be played by coaches. Thus he didn't produce, and thus he had to be cut.

Personally, I would've given him to the halfway point of this season, but then again, they do have quite a few WR's right now that actually do know the playbook, so what're you gonna do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back